• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Oh I'm hating big time. That dude ain't the best player by a long shot.  I'm going to back away...I've been in the hooch. Fk that guy.  Sarr or Rishawhatthehellever should be the pick.

IMG_2233.gif

You can't prove otherwise and you know it too. No one can prove otherwise to me and the reality is, you can't stump someone who has done the research to the level that I've done it for this particular prospect. 

Tell me who in this draft is better than Edey? You can name names but none have the data. None of them.  The stats. None of them. Edey even has the measurements and testing. 

You can just tell me who you prefer but None of them are as good as Zach Edey. 

Edited by NBASupes

The film says Edey is the best player 

The Stats say the same

The testing results say the same

The measurements say the same.

No one in this draft is as good as Zach Edey

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The film says Edey is the best player 

The Stats say the same

The testing results say the same

The measurements say the same.

No one in this draft is as good as Zach Edey

What’s your thoughts on a front court trio of Jalen, Sarr, & OO ?

If we had RAS in basketball. Edey would be in the #1 center since 1980s. 

Edey

100% height

99% weight

99% wingspan

3 quarters - 78%

Lane agility- 97%

Shuttle run - 97%

Standing Vertical - 30%

Max Vertical - 55%

You got guys like Ware, Kaman, Dwight, Gortat, Oden, Miles Plumlee, Drummond, and Mason Plumlee,

Miles and Mason were the best testers but both lacked measurements in particular, wingspan which knocks them heavily. Drummond and Edey are probably 1 and 2 in the last 25 years. 

https://www.tankathon.com/players/andre-drummond

https://www.tankathon.com/players/zach-edey

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, JTB said:

What’s your thoughts on a front court trio of Jalen, Sarr, & OO ?

Worse fit than Trae and Murray 100x. This shit would sink us. Defensively, it wouldn't be bad though. Offensively, it would be a nightmare. JJ out of position and Sarr playing way before he's ready Offensively would be really bad. Defensively, they just need time. Like a shitactlar flip of Trae and Murray. Offensively, Trae and Murray need time. Defensively, DOA. But those three would be way worse on offense and probably need as much time on D as Trae/Murray needed on O

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can't prove otherwise and you know it too. No one can prove otherwise to me and the reality is, you can't stump someone who has done the research to the level that I've done it for this particular prospect. 

Tell me who in this draft is better than Edey? You can name names but none have the data. None of them.  The stats. None of them. Edey even has the measurements and testing. 

You can just tell me who you prefer but None of them are as good as Zach Edey. 

Lol i gotta save this thread to come back to a couple years from now.  Gonna have some real gems to read through 

If there was RAS for basketball, Edey would be more similar to D’Vondre Sweat. 

IMG_6430.thumb.jpeg.6c6f6086aa2a3e175f31769bbe02d518.jpeg

I talked to Kent about it, and he’s not interested enough in basketball to do a formula for it.  He said his give a damn for basketball is lacking.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If there was RAS for basketball, Edey would be more similar to D’Vondre Sweat. 

IMG_6430.thumb.jpeg.6c6f6086aa2a3e175f31769bbe02d518.jpeg

I talked to Kent about it, and he’s not interested enough in basketball to do a formula for it.  He said his give a damn for basketball is lacking.  

How? We got the numbers for his position. Edey is literally at the top in most categories. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

You need to get this message to the F.O. somehow, because I doubt your boy is even their radar at #1....

Do you think its even possible? I cant see it..

Its gonna be Sarr or Risacher IMO..

He is very much on the Hawks radar but not at #1.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Zach Eddy isn't even ranked in the top 25  of anybody prospect rankings.  So why are we talking about him?

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38788364/2024-nba-draft-rankings-espn-top-25-prospects

Edey - 13/14 before the combine

https://insider.espn.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/11064231/clint-capela-leads-projection-top-10-international-prospects-2014-nba-draft

Edey 3.1 WARP

Jokic 3.1 WARP

Best player in the draft 

That's why we are talking about him 

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Lol i gotta save this thread to come back to a couple years from now.  Gonna have some real gems to read through 

To be fair to Supes:

Edey is easily the best player in college the last two years. There's no one else even close to him IMO.

Edey's proven skill sets are more than solid for the NBA.

Edey's athletic measurements were WAY better than NBA scouts/execs thought it would be. He tested well beyond what even his biggest supporters thought he would. 

Add those three things up and Edey is going to be a top 10 pick in the draft. I can tell you and I know the other insiders can as well frankly that the Hawks are in fact very serious about Edey just not at #1.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He is very much on the Hawks radar but not at #1.

That's kinda what I said.. lol

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

To be fair to Supes:

Edey is easily the best player in college the last two years. There's no one else even close to him IMO.

Edey's proven skill sets are more than solid for the NBA.

Edey's athletic measurements were WAY better than NBA scouts/execs thought it would be. He tested well beyond what even his biggest supporters thought he would. 

Add those three things up and Edey is going to be a top 10 pick in the draft. I can tell you and I know the other insiders can as well frankly that the Hawks are in fact very serious about Edey just not at #1.

That's the entire point. He's not worthy of number one. Skills..call them whatever you want.  An entire nation may be wrong, but at one..they are not.