• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, deester11 said:

That's the entire point. He's not worthy of number one. Skills..call them whatever you want.  An entire nation may be wrong, but at one..they are not.  

If Edey is a star and Sarr is sarry, wouldn't you wish we took Edey. Marvin had the most upside. CP3 is just another Terrell Brandon who thinks he's Zeke. He's not Zeke. He's not that quick like Zeke. So what he's the best college player by the film, Marvin just has way more potential and talent. He's way more talented than CP3. You can't take someone with the ceiling of CP3 over Marvin. Deron is damn Andre Miller. Drafting him ahead of a future superstar, Starvin' Marvin! That's idiotic. Go with the talent. We don't have great basketball players. Marvin is one. Post 25 pics of Marvin with Smoove and Chillz talking about the FUTURE! His name is Starvin' Marvin and we been drying for a Star. Look at the statue of liberty dunk!!! We need this! Supes, you are a hater and a CP3/Deron lover. Man, no one thinks Atlanta should take CP3 or Deron over Marvin. Supes, get a damn grip, Marvin is our guy, damnit! 

It seems like you want history to repeat itself. 

Edited by NBASupes

44 minutes ago, Sothron said:

To be fair to Supes:

Edey is easily the best player in college the last two years. There's no one else even close to him IMO.

Edey's proven skill sets are more than solid for the NBA.

Edey's athletic measurements were WAY better than NBA scouts/execs thought it would be. He tested well beyond what even his biggest supporters thought he would. 

Add those three things up and Edey is going to be a top 10 pick in the draft. I can tell you and I know the other insiders can as well frankly that the Hawks are in fact very serious about Edey just not at #1.

This is interesting. very serious about Edey but not at #1…that tells me they may be willing to trade the number 1 pick.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JTB said:

This is interesting. very serious about Edey but not at #1…that tells me they may be willing to trade the number 1 pick.

It is very much in play

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

I wouldn't mind getting 4 and 8 from SA if they want to go the twin tower route again with Sarr.. lol

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is very much in play

Whoa! Is that breaking insider news ?

I haven’t read that from any of you guys. I wasn’t expecting it to even be on the table since it’s the hawks first time ever winning the lottery but on the flip side, good that they don’t care about that and much rather build a winner.

i am ok with sending Murray and our 1st pick to SA for #4 and #8 plus Vassell.

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

I wouldn't mind getting 4 and 8 from SA if they want to go the twin tower route again with Sarr.. lol

Same here! As long as it benefits us. 

as much as they say this us a weak draft, there are some players I like in this draft. 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JTB said:

I haven’t read that from any of you guys. I wasn’t expecting it to even be on the table since it’s the hawks first time ever winning the lottery but on the flip side, good that they don’t care about that and much rather build a winner.

Yes, it is the first one of us has mentioned it on here. We've talked about it privately. I think trading the pick would be a disaster PR move and it would be more about Ressler saving money by not having to pay the #1 pick salary scale. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae

Vassel

JJ

OO 

Clingan(4th pick)  Edey for Supes😀

Bench

Shephard or Dillingham(8th pick)

Bogi

Dre

Gueye

Capela

Bufkin/LundyMatthews/Bruno

Edited by terrell

Just now, terrell said:

Trae

Vassel

JJ

OO 

Clingan(4th pick)  Edey for Supes😀

Bench

Reed Shephard(8th pick)

Bogi

Dre

Gueye

Capela

Bufkin/LundyMatthews/Bruno

Clingan getting a lot of love in chatter to go to Washington or as a trade-up candidate. Edey been getting a lot of love at 9 from Memphis if they keep the pick. Chicago, OKC, NO, Portland, and Miami are all seriously looking at Edey. I think Edey will end up in the top 6 when it's all said and done but truly, he should be #1 obviously. Portland could seriously take him at 6. They are also looking at Clingan at 6 but he's not expected to be there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Clingan getting a lot of love in chatter to go to Washington or as a trade-up candidate. Edey been getting a lot of love at 9 from Memphis if they keep the pick. Chicago, OKC, NO, Portland, and Miami are all seriously looking at Edey. I think Edey will end up in the top 6 when it's all said and done but truly, he should be #1 obviously. Portland could seriously take him at 6. They are also looking at Clingan at 6 but he's not expected to be there. 

Portland trading Ayton? 

• Premium Member

I just don't see the rationale.  The Hawks will have ample opportunity to cut salary.  Moving the number 1 pick is not necessary.  And reaching for a guy screams "we're the smartest people in the room" which is bound to end poorly.  It's going to be a rough 6 weeks until the draft.

• Like 2

I really think we might see 4 true centers and Sarr go in the lottery. Clingan and Edey seem like a lock. Ware is getting some real push in the 12-18 range after his combine results. Missi is getting some looks late. The PGs was what I expected to have 6 guys in the lottery but the lack of bigs around the NBA and the need for young ones, they are moving up in value and fast. At the end of the draft, draftniks continue to lose. As these workouts happen, teams start to really get an idea of what works and what doesn't work. Dilly might fall out of the top 10. I wasn't expecting that. We might only see 3 PGs drafted in the lottery. Reed, Topic, and Dilly. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

To be fair to Supes:

Edey is easily the best player in college the last two years. There's no one else even close to him IMO.

Edey's proven skill sets are more than solid for the NBA.

Edey's athletic measurements were WAY better than NBA scouts/execs thought it would be. He tested well beyond what even his biggest supporters thought he would. 

Add those three things up and Edey is going to be a top 10 pick in the draft. I can tell you and I know the other insiders can as well frankly that the Hawks are in fact very serious about Edey just not at #1.

Yeah, I think most people here can agree with that assessment, but that's not what he's saying.  He's going well beyond that into delusion territory.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I just don't see the rationale.  The Hawks will have ample opportunity to cut salary.  Moving the number 1 pick is not necessary.  And reaching for a guy screams "we're the smartest people in the room" which is bound to end poorly.  It's going to be a rough 6 weeks until the draft.

Drafting Edey at 1 is as good as drafting him at 5 to me. Just get him. If you don't, you better get it right.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, I think most people here can agree with that assessment, but that's not what he's saying.  He's going well beyond that into delusion territory.

This is where we gonna have to talk. What is delusional? I don't say stupid shit like he's Shaq or Yao like these others mfers do? What do I say that's delusional and never say that shit again without backing it up

Don't ever say that shit again to me bro, ever unless you come correct. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Drafting Edey at 1 is as good as drafting him at 5 to me. Just get him. If you don't, you better get it right.  

Edey as a potential number 1 pick, let alone lottery pick, has not been mentioned anywhere else.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Edey as a potential number 1 pick, let alone lottery pick, has not been mentioned anywhere else.

Givony and Nick Smith have been lock step that he's a lottery pick. Those are two of the most credible and connected guys in the industry. They are not idiots. Pelton has him with the same WARP as Jokic. He's not an idiot. In fact, our highest WAR in the last 10 years in Capela. Guess who had the highest WARP as a prospect for Pelton. That's not fail-proof obviously as some bust have done well with the WARP, it still promising. 

At this point, you could really care less who f*** with him or not since you don't. That's fine. You don't have to. 

I don't mind being ahead of schedule. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is where we gonna have to talk. What is delusional? I don't say stupid shit like he's Shaq or Yao like these others mfers do? What do I say that's delusional and never say that shit again without backing it up

Don't ever say that shit again to me bro, ever unless you come correct. 

Delusional might not be the right word but you're certainly living in your own reality where you think Edey should be picked #1.  You're 1of2* for people that think we should draft Edey at #1, including every scout and draft analyzer out there.  Maybe some Wizards fans are calling for that too.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes, it is the first one of us has mentioned it on here. We've talked about it privately. I think trading the pick would be a disaster PR move and it would be more about Ressler saving money by not having to pay the #1 pick salary scale. 

Hold up, I remember you stating Reseller wanted to keep the pick?  So how can he be happy about the pick, but also scared to keep the pick because what it would cost?  Is Tony this clueless about the price for a #1 pick?