• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Delusional might not be the right word but you're certainly living in your own reality where you think Edey should be picked #1.  You're 1of2* for people that think we should draft Edey at #1, including every scout and draft analyzer out there.  Maybe some Wizards fans are calling for that too.

I'll say it. It's delusional.  No fking body is saying Edey is worth the number one pick.  The guys that say lottery are saying 10, and yet the other teams aren't clamoring for Edey at one. Says a lot.  Insiders....yall are now saying they are discussing Edey....tell me they are mentioning at one.. I'm going to just say..bs.  If they are discussing Edey, it's in a trade down. I stand on that.  If Edey goes one, the Hawks aren't doing the picking.  

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Delusional might not be the right word but you're certainly living in your own reality where you think Edey should be picked #1.  You're 1of1 for people that think we should draft Edey at #1, including every scout and draft analyzer out there.  Maybe some Wizards fans are calling for that too.

Did you read the thread? Do you rather be right and draft the player the media approves of or do you want to draft the best player in the draft. 

That's the name of the thread. You do realize that right? 

I believe the best player in the draft should go #1 especially if he's going to an optimal situation and he fit what Trae and our offense needs to a T which means, we really have no clue how much potential he could even have considering the fit. It could be astronomical

If it's delusional to be smart, then sign me because I don't want to be a dumbass and do some obvious stupid shit and rehash Marvin all over again.

There is literally a thread in every fanbase calling for Edey. Because he has believers. 

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/zak-edey-yao-ming-2-0.323207/

If you think I am 1of1 and I've done as much research as I've done and none of you have come close to really knocking what I say apart I like I do other prospects, then maybe you should take the 1of1 guy more seriously because when reality comes and he's in the NBA and producing at a high level. He's either gonna be a Hawk or he's not but if he isn't. That person we drafted better as good or we are f***ed because that 1of1 will not let you have a minute to think about this being anything less than a mistake that could have been avoided by simply doing the homework and looking at every single angle. Negligence is not an excuse for failure. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I'll say it. It's delusional.  No fking body is saying Edey is worth the number one pick.  The guys that say lottery are saying 10, and yet the other teams aren't clamoring for Edey at one. Says a lot.  Insiders....yall are now saying they are discussing Edey....tell me they are mentioning at one.. I'm going to just say..bs.  If they are discussing Edey, it's in a trade down. I stand on that.  If Edey goes one, the Hawks aren't doing the picking.  

This isn't the smart route to take. You know I hold grudges for along time. I've never disrespected you even when I disagreed. Please reframe from your statement. Don't die on a hill I won't forgive for dying on.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

Hold up, I remember you stating Reseller wanted to keep the pick?  So how can he be happy about the pick, but also scared to keep the pick because what it would cost?  Is Tony this clueless about the price for a #1 pick?

Oh boy....this is where we go into why we haven't talked about this in public until now.

If you are an owner and your FO tells you this draft doesn't have a real #1 pick, we can trade that pick, get more assets and get a guy we feel has the same value...and save the owner $$$ for not paying #1 pick money...what would you do?

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I realize I am not a mod but calling someone delusional is just insulting. Supes it not delusional. You can say his belief that Edey should be #1 is a reach and make the same point.

As about the insiders...I've said more than once they are considering Edey but NOT at #1. They are definitely considering him but not at #1. His private workout(s) with the team will be telling.

Read that again. I didn't call him delusional.  A thought could be delusional or irrational.  I don't get down like that.  Secondly, I know Supes can defend himself as needed.   

As to the hill, I've given Supes props about his views on Edey both good and bad. I simply don't believe he's worthy of being one.  If it were stripped down to that thought, that's it.  I'm fully aware I should be reminded always should I be wrong.

Don’t fall for it.  Edey is not going too 10 or top 15.  If he goes top 20, I will be very surprised.  No team is dumb enough to take a limited mobility big that high.  

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Those stats are completely worthless, I'm not sure why they pump that fake bs out. 

I know football they measure "burst speed" quickness and other stuff.. It's just a way for teams to buy there BS worthless equipment and software packages.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Don’t fall for it.  Edey is not going too 10 or top 15.  If he goes top 20, I will be very surprised.  No team is dumb enough to take a limited mobility big that high.  

Man, draft night gonna be terrible for you if he's a Hawk or not. 

Draft night is going to be extremely fun.  The Hawks will take Alex Sarr as they should.  Kel’el Ware will go to OKC giving them a wealth of riches.  Yves Missi gets into the late lottery.  Probably to Portland.  Edey and that dying breed of big falls to the Knicks where he can back up Hartenstein and Robinson in the slowest paced offense in the league.  

Edited by KB21

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Those stats are completely worthless, I'm not sure why they pump that fake bs out. 

I know football they measure "burst speed" quickness and other stuff.. It's just a way for teams to buy there BS worthless equipment and software packages.

How is it worthless? If you go through the bottom 200 and the top 200. Those are literally the best and worst athletes the time they arrived in the draft. 

There is an exception to a rule on both ends but for the most part. The best athletes are the best athletes and it matters. It doesn't mean they are the best hoopers but it means that they are the most athletic. 

There is even a very strong chance that a team takes Ulrich Chomche before Edey is drafted.  The league clearly does not view Edey the way the Edey fanboys do.  

Just now, KB21 said:

There is no chance that a team takes Ulrich Chomche before Edey is drafted.  The league clearly does not view KBs hot takes the way he does

fixed

• Haha 1

KB, you literally said Edey shouldn't be drafted. You would likely make a case why every center in this draft should be taken ahead of Edey and your case would wrong with every single prospect you mention. You never go into data, stats, measurements, testing, etc. You just say, too slow, not a modern 5. Would not draft

18 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

He'll find any and every metric that matches his opinion and will ignore any that do not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ll be glad to discuss Chomche and Adem Bona, but I will no discuss Edey any further.  It’s not worth the time to discuss such a useless prospect as Edey.  

• Like 1