• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

If Edey is as good as Supes believes and he is destined to go as low in the draft as some believe, would there be any possibility that the Hawks trade for him from whichever team drafts him?  We all think the Hawks will have more than one player that they will be willing to swap.  To me, this would be the ideal solution.  What do you think?

Personally, I want Edey to be a Hawk, but not our #1 pick.  

:smug:

On 5/26/2024 at 4:02 PM, Gray Mule said:

If Edey is as good as Supes believes and he is destined to go as low in the draft as some believe, would there be any possibility that the Hawks trade for him from whichever team drafts him?  We all think the Hawks will have more than one player that they will be willing to swap.  To me, this would be the ideal solution.  What do you think?

Personally, I want Edey to be a Hawk, but not our #1 pick.  

:smug:

Agreed... Hes kinda growing on me...😀

He actually DOMINATED Lively(who everyone here seems to love) AND Filipowski back in 2023..

Lively finished with 5 rebounds 0 points. Edey 21 points and 12 reb... And on film it was worse than that....

He was having his way on BOTH ends....

If any NBA team ignores his trajectory of improvement, I think they could regret not grabbing him.

He came in as the 440th ranked prospect, and 3 years later was the Natl player of the year.

He'll generate fan interest and that will bring in $$$$$ to his team.(I see you Ressler)

At the combine, his foot speed was better than Clingan, who didn't play many min and has a history of foot problems. Edey never left the court in college..

The guy seems determined, and he's got the track record. So Im thinking he can develop his game more to match what's needed in the NBA.

I say take Sarr #1 as huge mobile 4, and then trade either Dre/Clint /Bogi +AJ  for a late lottery pick to get Edey.

What you think @NBASupes

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, terrell said:

Agreed... Hes kinda growing on me...😀

He actually DOMINATED Lively(who everyone here seems to love) AND Filipowski back in 2023..

Lively finished with 5 rebounds 0 points. Edey 21 points and 12 reb... And on film it was worse than that....

He was having his way on BOTH ends....

If any NBA team ignores his trajectory of improvement, I think they could regret not grabbing him.

He came in as the 440th ranked prospect, and 3 years later was the Natl player of the year.

He'll generate fan interest and that will bring in $$$$$ to his team.(I see you Ressler)

At the combine, his foot speed was better than Clingan, who didn't play many min and has a history of foot problems. Edey never left the court in college..

The guy seems determined, and he's got the track record. So Im thinking he can develop his game more to match what's needed in the NBA.

I say take Sarr #1 as huge mobile 4, and then trade either Dre/Clint /Bogi +AJ  for a late lottery pick to get Edey.

What you think @NBASupes

The best of both worlds.

Hawks get their athletic big. Supes gets his dominant offensive post guy.

JJ @ SF ... Sarr @ PF ... Edey @ C

Keep Trae and Murray for offense.

Hawks fans are happy at least until the season starts.

Damn ... another post I agree with Terrell on.

What is happening?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The best of both worlds.

Hawks get their athletic big. Supes gets his dominant offensive post guy.

JJ @ SF ... Sarr @ PF ... Edey @ C

Keep Trae and Murray for offense.

Hawks fans are happy at least until the season starts.

Damn ... another post I agree with Terrell on.

What is happening?

Except in no universe is Edey ever a starter in the NBA.  He's never going to be even an average defensive player, and he lacks skill on offense.  You legitimately would using a high pick on a 3rd center in rotation.  

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Except in no universe is Edey ever a starter in the NBA.  He's never going to be even an average defensive player, and he lacks skill on offense.  You legitimately would using a high pick on a 3rd center in rotation.  

I know that you and Supes are miles apart on this.  If you are correct on his value, he will not be a lottery pick and therefore wouldn't cost very much.  Late 1st round or early 2nd round.  Easy to trade for.  

I'll move him up to our 2nd string center from where you have him at 3rd string.  He gets to play even if he doesn't start.

Supes may be too high.  You may be too low.  Somewhere between the two of you is fine with me.  Just get him!

🥰

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

So @KB21 does he not understand the NBA?

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

We'll run this lineup in preseason, just for data purposes.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We'll run this lineup in preseason, just for data purposes.

We're not drafting Edey lol if a team really wants him that bad, we'd probably trade down.  He doesn't fit what Quin wants to do (modernize our roster and play).  When is this discussion going to die

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

(Moderator hat is off to be clear)

Every time people chime in to say they disagree it is like feeding the beast and keeps the fire going.  If you want to see this thread go another 40 pages, chime in every time someone says something positive on Edey. 

Is there a criteria to just close the thread down?  I don't think there's been a new thought posted here in over a month, including my own post I just submitted 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We're not drafting Edey lol if a team really wants him that bad, we'd probably trade down.  He doesn't fit what Quin wants to do (modernize our roster and play).  When is this discussion going to die

I don't think anyone is talking  about taking him #1..

Well maybe 1 person.. 😀

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Well maybe 1 person.. 😀

The fact that there is talk of taking him period is what is maddening.  

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, terrell said:

Well maybe 1 person.. 😀

The video above suggests it but people are also talking about Reed Sheppard and others who clearly aren't going #1 to the Hawks so discussion around the idea of trading down, getting another pick, etc. is in play.

Either way, people are welcome to bring their thoughts on this topic to this thread.  Don't spam the same thought over and over (if you've already made a point 5 times recently you are spamming when you make it again without new content).  Treat one another with common courtesy or respect when you engage even or especially when you disagree.

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Is there a criteria to just close the thread down?  I don't think there's been a new thought posted here in over a month, including my own post I just submitted 🙂

Just posted new video from a former NBA player stating Edey should be the first pick.