• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

I’ll take Holland +1500. It’s pretty good odds for him. The Pistons suck but he stands out to me in being able to aggressively dominate an offense like their crappy one in Detroit. He’s a baller ⛹🏾‍♂️

I’d go Holland but obviously pulling for Risacher.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Doubt Risacher starts.  Unless they're planning on running him as SG which I guess is possible?  Should be Trae/Bogi/Hunter/JJ/Capela opening night, if there are no further moves.  This coaching staff does not have a track record of letting rookies skip steps, and I highly doubt they're going to give Zach special treatment.

I agree and kinda hope Zacc is groomed into a nice role to give him confidence and the team confidence in him.

I do think that if he is 3/4 as good as he is supposed to be that he will take over Hunter’s spot midway through the season and maybe we can move Hunter for a low salary backup 3 at that point. I do like him at the 2 position as well, I feel like he would adjust better starting our on guys shorter and possibly weaker physically than him because of the nature of the position.

So, I do want Risacher winning the rookie of the year but if he does it might means we took a step sideways or backwards a bit. Not sure though maybe he’s a silent assassin just ready to be unleashed. Dude played professionally since he was 6 years old :indifferent:.. ok 16, but still, he might have more strength and readiness that we might not be able to see at this moment as fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

My opinion is more a credit to overall class expectations than castle doing something special. Not sure I see a 20 point scorer out of the gates. I think a few will be in that 13-17 range tho … including castle. 

Fair enough.  My expectations are lower for his rookie season (as far scoring).

Good summer league matchup between Edey vs Kessler tonight.

Edey got the best of him, and had a chance to be the hero, but missed the put back dunk.

LMAO ... and then after Utah intentionally fouls the Memphis guard to prevent a tying 3 point shot, this dude taps back in the intentional FT miss to tie the game, after the first FT make.

Just towered over Kessler and another dude, to get that tap in bucket.

Overtime!

• Like 1

Kessler had some nice blocks on Edey, but think it's fair to say Edey won the matchup overall.  Pretty impressive given that was his first taste of pro ball going against someone who has 2 seasons' worth of regular minutes under his belt.

image.png.6365bb5eb3182e1a9343f39de139c5b3.png

image.png.9774df6fd05dd95dc1be38b84beab14d.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

Kessler had some nice blocks on Edey, but think it's fair to say Edey won the matchup overall.  Pretty impressive given that was his first taste of pro ball going against someone who has 2 seasons' worth of regular minutes under his belt.

image.png.6365bb5eb3182e1a9343f39de139c5b3.png

image.png.9774df6fd05dd95dc1be38b84beab14d.png

Makes 15/14/4 look pretty easy.

• Like 4

• Moderators

This was a good matchup for Edey obviously held back by not being fed at all.  No FTA is very telling.  I’m more interested to see what happens when someone spreads the floor on him.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

I have dogged @NBASupes for months and said Zach Edey will be trash but I’m not gonna lie..this summer league appearance may have changed my mind. A few more of these and ill be wowed.

Welcome aboard!!!

• Like 2