• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Cause if the Summer League don't tell you he was the number one overall pick, what will?

1FC46F46-6366-4473-93B1-67FE1004540F.gif

We will know during the season right?  Let's watch.  He is going to turn some heads I believe.   He and Trae would have made a good pic and roll team.  He will be at the free throw line alot. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

We will know during the season right?  Let's watch.  He is going to turn some heads I believe.   He and Trae would have made a good pic and roll team.  He will be at the free throw line alot. 

Would be the most Hawk thing ever if he becomes a beast. I ain't hating on him anymore...for now.  And SL ain't why. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, deester11 said:

Cause if the Summer League don't tell you he was the number one overall pick, what will?

1FC46F46-6366-4473-93B1-67FE1004540F.gif

There are things to glean. 

1) his rebounding translates.

2) his screen setting was solid.  1+2, the big body has benefits and he knows how to use it.

3) the few post ups they ran for him were easy baskets vs a solid defensive center.

4) his rim protection was solid

5) his finishing off the pnr needs work.

6) he did struggle with getting caught in no man's land in switch coverage.

7) Pippen Jr proved why he's not in the NBA as a rotation player. Dude is selfish and a poor decision maker.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

There are things to glean. 

1) his rebounding translates.

2) his screen setting was solid.  1+2, the big body has benefits and he knows how to use it.

3) the few post ups they ran for him were easy baskets vs a solid defensive center.

4) his rim protection was solid

5) his finishing off the pnr needs work.

6) he did struggle with getting caught in no man's land in switch coverage.

7) Pippen Jr proved why he's not in the NBA as a rotation player. Dude is selfish and a poor decision maker.

And yet 75% of these guys won't sniff the court. Not taking anything away from what he can be, but unless Sarr, Risacher, Sheppard, or Castle wet the bed, he still wasn't the number one overall pick...TO ME. I do think he will be better than advertised though. 

• Premium Member
On 7/9/2024 at 8:48 PM, deester11 said:

Would be the most Hawk thing ever if he becomes a beast. I ain't hating on him anymore...for now.  And SL ain't why. 

Another Pau Gasol deal.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I wish we had done the 1 for 4 and 8 and gotten either Clingan or Edey. But they went for who they felt was the best player in the draft and is a valued big wing prototype. 

• Like 3

On 7/9/2024 at 5:24 PM, thecampster said:

If anyone taped this game, go to the 4:04 left in the 1st mark. 

Yes, I’m sure many of us taped the game. I wonder if the time stamps are the same on VHS as they are on Beta Max. 😅

• Haha 1