Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sarr over Edey/Clingan be similar to JJJ over Bagley/Bamba.  

More like Marvin over CP3 and Deron. 

Edited by NBASupes

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Bruh.. Marvin had terrible defensive scouting profiles: https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marvin-Williams-59/

REMEMBER, DEFENSE WILL MAKE A PROSPECT INCREDIBLY MORE LIKELY TO TRANSLATE TO THE NBA

Don't be throwing random comps out there... It shows you know absolutely nothing about scouting and the game

Lmao, Marvin was way better on offense than someone like Chriss and Chriss is superior offensively to Sarr. Sarr got a chance but if he's drafted to the Hawks, his bust potential may equal Shelden. He's off the charts on my bust list. Last time I had someone this high, it was Payne and he was a clear bust in summer league 

Edited by NBASupes

You know @NBASupes, in order to give yourself a fighting chance in the NBA as a wing or post player.. you better be above average on defense.. 

Or else you end up as another Ayton.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lmao, Marvin was way better on offense than someone like Chriss and Chriss is superior to Sarr. Sarr got a chance but if he's drafted to the Hawks, his bust potential may equal Shelden. 

Sheldon had cinder blocks for feet... Like some others in this draft.

You clearly do not remember things for as convicted that you seem.

https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/shelden-williams-18/#:~:text=Shelden Williams NBA Draft Scouting Report&text=Listed at 6-9 in,somewhere around 7-2).

Does this ring a bell:

Offensively he is a bit robotic in his movements, not being the most fluid player in the world and often looking a bit mechanical in certain things he does. He often relies too much on his strength to score around the paint, not having too much finesse to his game. Most of his points come off layups, dunks, free throws and short jump-hook shots around the basket. Its unlikely that he will be able to maintain the same scoring production at the NBA level where everyone is bigger, more athletic and often just as strong as he is. The lack of legit size and skill in NCAA is a concern when you try to project him to the NBA, as he is truly a man amongst boys. At times will try to force his way to the hoop using his brute strength, either traveling in the process or being called for an offensive foul.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

You know @NBASupes, in order to give yourself a fighting chance in the NBA as a wing or post player.. you better be above average on defense.. 

Or else you end up as another Ayton.

Sheldon had cinder blocks for feet... Like some others in this draft.

You clearly do not remember things for as convicted that you seem.

He did which is why he busted so fast. Sarr is ass on offense. Even his supporters who aren't delusional are saying he's at best a PnP player and yet he's a below average shooter at best. This is not positive. You can't tell, just wait till year 4 or 5 when he's being talked as a top 5 pick in a situation that's win now. 

I don't want to draft an obvious bust. I don't and I was livid with Payne and Shelden. Why do I want to support someone I know will fail in what WE currently have. You can't sell him as a defensive player if the role is currently blocked by JJ and Gueye is likely better than Sarr right now and even he still needs time in College Park and we got him in the 2nd round. We didn't get him at 1st overall.

I will never be in support of drafting an obvious bust. Ever!

@NBASupes

Edey:

But his game is all about strength and reach. He uses his powerful body to gain position and length to release over the top. And even without the quickest feet, he's a deterrent around the basket with how high his arms extend vertically.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116119-zach-edey-scouting-report-pro-comps-and-predictions-for-2024-nba-prospect

Sheldon:

Most of his points come off layups, dunks, free throws and short jump-hook shots around the basket.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He did which is why he busted so fast. Sarr is ass on offense. Even his supporters who aren't delusional are saying he's at best a PnP player and yet he's a below average shooter at best. This is not positive. You can't tell, just wait till year 4 or 5 when he's being talked as a top 5 pick in a situation that's win now. 

I don't want to draft an obvious bust. I don't and I was livid with Payne and Shelden. Why do I want to support someone I know will fail in what WE currently have. You can't sell him as a defensive player if the role is currently blocked by JJ and Gueye is likely better than Sarr right now and even he still needs time in College Park and we got him in the 2nd round. We didn't get him at 1st overall.

Why is his Per 36 over 20 ppg if he is so ass, @NBASupes. As a raw undeveloped prospect at that...

Edey Per 36 is 28 as a 4 year college player at Age 22

Your arguments don't hold water.. In fact they leak profusely under statistical analysis

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

@NBASupes

Edey:

But his game is all about strength and reach. He uses his powerful body to gain position and length to release over the top. And even without the quickest feet, he's a deterrent around the basket with how high his arms extend vertically.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116119-zach-edey-scouting-report-pro-comps-and-predictions-for-2024-nba-prospect

Sheldon:

Most of his points come off layups, dunks, free throws and short jump-hook shots around the basket.

Why is his Per 36 over 20 ppg if he is so ass, @NBASupes

This is a terrible take and one of the reasons I continue to say Edey is the most polarizing prospect in the draft. I literally got a scouting report created on Edey. If you decide to use that BS over my scouting report, we got nothing to talk about on Edey. Absolutely nothing. I am not going to waste time talking to someone miscategorizing Edey. 

Sheldon failed because of every reason I saw when I labeled him a 2nd rounder and late 1st rounder at best. 

He is not big enough to be a bully in the NBA. While he's a good defender in college, it was as a undersized center. He's smaller than Bruno, he was never going to work defensively in the NBA. Even though he was a plus rebounder in college and in the NBA. It was his own skill that could possibly transfer over. 

I saw Shelden and Culver as the same types. You can't play bully ball when you aren't that big for a NBA player at your position. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

@NBASupes

Edey:

Sheldon:

Why is his Per 36 over 20 ppg if he is so ass, @NBASupes. As a raw undeveloped prospect at that...

Edey Per 36 is 28 as a 4 year college player at Age 22

Your arguments don't hold water.. In fact they leak profusely under statistical analysis

Perfect comparison!   Sheldon and Edey.  

• Haha 1

If you know anything about Edey's game, 90% of the work he does is before he ever gets a touch. If you don't see him as a movement player. We have nothing to talk about. If you don't see him as one of the best movement players in this draft, some may see Risacher or Knecht as it, we don't have anything to talk about. If all you think he is, is just strength and size, we have nothing to talk about. We clearly aren't seeing him the same. Nothing else to it. Don't tell me Edey is something that he's not. I've watched over 30+ games, possession by possession, some multiple times. I've watched all of his international games dating back to the u19s. I know his game like the back of a book. You can't lie to me and tell me what he is or isn't. 

Posted (edited)

Zach Edey and Patrick Mahomes are the two players I've seen with the most miscategorized scouting reports I've ever seen. Add Lamar Jackson as well. Those three. 

Edited by NBASupes

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ahh yes we know what the player is “AT BEST” because of one shooting szn at 19 years old 

• Thanks 3