• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

lol, 15th pick.  This is how I know you're unserious, I honestly think you just enjoy being a contrarian sometimes going against consensus like it's a sport

Yep.  Sarr can defend better in the NBA RIGHT NOW than Edey will ever be able to defend.  It’s not even close either.   No one will EVER take Edey over Sarr.  

I think he legitimately decided to take the most off the wall view of a prospect in this draft and go all in on it.  

I have some news.  Edey wasn’t going to be considered at 10, much less 1.  

Quite frankly, I’ve grown tired of even discussing someone who is going to have such a small impact in the NBA as Edey.  I am only going to discuss prospects that are legitimate going forward.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You keep bringing up your miss on Reddish.  That has nothing to do with Sarr. 

You aren't going to like any big man. 

Why aren't we discussing the most likely picks?

It's like you can't get past the fact that the Hawks won't select Edey. Let it go man.  Any  big man we bring up you aren't going to like because for some reason you want Edey. It's nonsensical to me. 

Like, if any other team had the number 1 pick, you'd be like yeah they should take Sarr.

But you act like Trae is some trashcan that can't play with anyone.  He's literally made every big and wing he's played with better. Name one who's left the team and had more individual success without him.  Even Dejounte is putting up career numbers beside him. 

Let's not discuss Sarr.  Let's not discuss Edey. Let's talk about the other 2 or 3 more likely picks.

Also, it's not  so serious for you to lose sleep and all that. It's not the end of the world man. People are dying in wars and going hungry. Get some perspective.  If it's causing you to lose sleep, please step away man. I'm not saying that to be funny but for your health and safety. 

Because when ya'll talk about Sarr, it sounds like me with Reddish. It's either gonna be a lie or it's gonna be an excuse unless it's about his upside or talent. Lie maybe too strong, wishful thinking is the right word. 

The comp isn't direct, it's just how you feel about him. It's like me with Reddish. 

I love Edey w/ Trae

I like Clingan w/ Trae

We are discussing the picks that should be in consideration. The right choice which is all that matters.

That's your opinion, not mines. 

Depending on the team, it could be a good decision. If I was a team like Portland, I would take Sarr over Edey. I can send him to Rip-City. He obviously is not overtaking Grant. When he's ready, he will play behind Grant and when he's ready to start, I trade Grant. 

Trae isn't Jesus, he can't turn water into bread. Sarr is bad at what Trae does best. Why put him in that situation? All you will sell to me is that, well, everyone has their best years as bigs with Trae. But did those players help Trae is the question? Outside of CC and JC, nope!

Murray has his best year with Quin moreso than Trae. I don't know if I want to give Trae that credit considering their +/- and the terrible fit.

Let's discuss drafting the best player at #1. That's Zach Edey. That's what I am talking about. You can sell upside and everything else but how do we know his upside is limited in an optimal situation. If anything, it's vastly enhanced. 

You can do that, I stay here and continue doing what I am doing. Go to X if you want to save the world, my guy. 

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What do we know about SGA? 

Like Zach Edey, he's from Canada

Like Zach Edey, he's known for his elite work ethic

Like Zach Edey, he gets better, each and every season. 

I like the SGA post because like SGA should have probably been our pick the year we picked Trae. Edey should easily be our pick, this year.

Awesomeness.

now do Wiggins.  And Barrett.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol, 15th pick.  This is how I know you're unserious, I honestly think you just enjoy being a contrarian sometimes going against consensus like it's a sport

Why would I take someone who's bust potential is very high in the lottery? I don't want that guy anywhere near my rotation for at least a year. Why would I draft that player in the top 10? 

1 minute ago, Jdawgflow said:

Awesomeness.

now do Wiggins.  And Barrett.

Wiggins work ethic is bad and Barrett stop improving after HS. So no but I can do it with Steve Nash

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Wiggins work ethic is bad and Barrett stop improving after HS. So no but I can do it with Steve Nash

That’s my point.  Being Canadian doesn’t matter.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Jdawgflow said:

That’s my point.  Being Canadian doesn’t matter.

You removed the Steve Nash part. You gotta give your boy props, you walked right into that one

Edited by NBASupes

Wait..so now we're questioning Sarr's work ethic? What else...he cuts the corners off his pb&j. Wtf?? Come on Supes..you killing it.  The wrong way.

A 7-foot-1, 220 pound frame and 7-foot-5 wingspan is appealing to any NBA GM. Sarr’s ability to guard positions one through five and also protect the paint mirrors a mixture of Nic Claxton and Anthony Davis. His high-energy motor is reminiscent of a rainbow-haired Dennis Rodman. 

League scouts and front office execs are fascinated at the rate in which Sarr has improved offensively, possessing a versatile arsenal of playmaking ability for his size and off the charts athleticism.

All that to say – stock prices are rising for Sarr.

“I want to be known as someone that every time steps out on the court and plays really hard,” Sarr said. “This is my first role playing professional and I think I’m getting used to it. Getting used to what it takes, getting used to having a lot of games. I’m pretty happy with how it’s coming out so far and I’m hoping to keep it going.”

Sounds like we need more Sarr..not less.

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why would I take someone who's bust potential is very high in the lottery? I don't want that guy anywhere near my rotation for at least a year. Why would I draft that player in the top 10? 

Lol I think what youre actually doing is trying to convince everyone youre the smartest person in the room.  Today were idiots for liking Sarr, yeaterday were idiots for not wanting Edey, two years ago we were idiots for wanting to trade Cam, etc.

I like a lot of your analysis but the histrionics become hard to wade through so I tend to just ignore these ridiculously passionate takes that you give with so much certainty. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because when ya'll talk about Sarr, it sounds like me with Reddish. It's either gonna be a lie or it's gonna be an excuse unless it's about his upside or talent. Lie maybe too strong, wishful thinking is the right word. 

The comp isn't direct, it's just how you feel about him. It's like me with Reddish. 

I love Edey w/ Trae

I like Clingan w/ Trae

We are discussing the picks that should be in consideration. The right choice which is all that matters.

Depending on the team, it could be a good decision. If I was a team like Portland, I would take Sarr over Edey. I can send him to Rip-City. He obviously is not overtaking Grant. When he's ready, he will play behind Grant and when he's ready to start, I trade Grant. 

Trae isn't Jesus, he can't turn water into bread. Sarr is bad at what Trae does best. Why put him in that situation? All you will sell to me is that, well, everyone has their best years as bigs with Trae. But did those players help Trae is the question? Outside of CC and JC, nope!

Murray has his best year with Quin moreso than Trae. I don't know if I want to give Trae that credit considering their +/- and the terrible fit.

Let's discuss drafting the best player at #1. That's Zach Edey. That's what I am talking about. You can sell upside and everything else but how do we know his upside is limited in an optimal situation. If anything, it's vastly enhanced. 

You can do that, I stay here and continue doing what I am doing. Go to X if you want to save the world, my guy. 

Just because you missed on Reddish doesn’t mean that every young player that needs development is going to be Reddish.  

I didn’t miss on Reddish though.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

Wait..so now we're questioning Sarr's with ethic? What else...he cuts the corners off his pb&j. Wtf?? Come on Supes..you killing it.  The wrong way.

A 7-foot-1, 220 pound frame and 7-foot-5 wingspan is appealing to any NBA GM. Sarr’s ability to guard positions one through five and also protect the paint mirrors a mixture of Nic Claxton and Anthony Davis. His high-energy motor is reminiscent of a rainbow-haired Dennis Rodman. 

League scouts and front office execs are fascinated at the rate in which Sarr has improved offensively, possessing a versatile arsenal of playmaking ability for his size and off the charts athleticism.

All that to say – stock prices are rising for Sarr.

“I want to be known as someone that every time steps out on the court and plays really hard,” Sarr said. “This is my first role playing professional and I think I’m getting used to it. Getting used to what it takes, getting used to having a lot of games. I’m pretty happy with how it’s coming out so far and I’m hoping to keep it going.”

Sounds like we need more Sarr..not less.

Marvin Williams- This guy does it all, im thinking Shawn Marion, w/ an outside jumper (consistent one)

He reminds me of Mashburn. Of course I saw Rogers at Wake. He was a tweener, because he eventually let beef turn into flab and then couldn't guard anyone. Williams has the ability to put the ball on the floor, but also has very good mechanics on his jumpshot. Now, if he's Mashburn before the injuries, people forget that Jamal was good for 23-24 ppg effortlessly. I think he can be that, but he also has a lot more raw ability to be even better than that. I think he tops out as Mashburn, but if it's with better health, then that could be a guy who makes multiple all-star appearances.

Marvin Williams - a cross between Dwight Howard and Josh Smith.

Marvin Williams: Carmelo Anthony meets Lamar Odom (more agressive)

"I think Marvin's got superstar potential," one Eastern Conference executive said on condition of anonymity. "If you look at his stats, if he had played as much as the other guys, he probably would've been the leading scorer on the squad, the leading rebounder. With his body, he can be a more athletic Antoine Walker. He can be an all-star for years and years. I think he will be able to come in and help right away. He's too talented not to do it."

Ya'll gonna continue to post things I find to be insane. AD on defense? Come on, AD was a generational defensive big. He wasn't just a switch guy. https://tankathon.com/players/anthony-davis

Man, ya'll gonna continue to name, names and this guy will surely bust and I think extremely high on his defense but even the names on D is just wrong. His metrics are nothing close to AD on defense and he's not them. Even watching the film. His defensive game is completely different. 

This is Marvin all over again. 

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love Edey w/ Trae

I like Clingan w/ Trae

lol I'll stay right here, but will not speak on Edey anymore with you.  You are right. It's my fault for trying get you back to the good Supes that's discussing all  prospects with some good analysis and not just one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

lol I'll stay right here, but will not speak on Edey anymore with you.  You are right. It's my fault for trying get you back to the good Supes that's discussing all  prospects with some good analysis and not just one. 

Marco, thoughts on Sarr and Risacher?

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I didn't ask you to speak on him. Sometimes, I don't understand you guys. You don't have to post here if you don't want to. I just want the best player in the draft. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't ask you to speak on him. Sometimes, I don't understand you guys. You don't have to post here if you don't want to. I just want the best player in the draft. 

You don’t understand us and ALL of us don’t understand you

that is what we are getting at lol

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You removed the Steve Nash part. You gotta give your boy props, you walked right into that one

I thought Nash was great.  Still doesn’t matter if he was Canadian.  This is an interesting hill to make your stand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You're right.

Just now, marco102 said:

I honestly got to look more into Risacher. 

Sarr I think he will be the pick.  That's all I'll say.

Here’s you a good follow:

Ben was a part of The Stepien website before Zwicker and Derenthal were hired by Houston and OKC.  Here is his 113 player horizontal board with tiers.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Here’s you a good follow:

Ben was a part of The Stepien website before Zwicker and Derenthal were hired by Houston and OKC.  Here is his 113 player horizontal board with tiers.  

I follow Ben, there was a tweet he posted that I need to follow up on.  He's a really good follow. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He did which is why he busted so fast. Sarr is ass on offense. Even his supporters who aren't delusional are saying he's at best a PnP player and yet he's a below average shooter at best. This is not positive. You can't tell, just wait till year 4 or 5 when he's being talked as a top 5 pick in a situation that's win now. 

I don't want to draft an obvious bust. I don't and I was livid with Payne and Shelden. Why do I want to support someone I know will fail in what WE currently have. You can't sell him as a defensive player if the role is currently blocked by JJ and Gueye is likely better than Sarr right now and even he still needs time in College Park and we got him in the 2nd round. We didn't get him at 1st overall.

I will never be in support of drafting an obvious bust. Ever!

No one is saying he is a PnP and below average shooter AT BEST.  They are saying that is his floor. The reason so many people are projecting him at the top is because of his tremendous offensive upside. 

• Like 1