• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

Just now, terrell said:

Well since everyone knows we're not taking Edey #1, would you rather take Risacher and sign a BIg like Claxton?

It would be a massive mistake not to take Edey for us. I will keep bringing that point home till the chicken roost. 

We don't have cap space. That's first and foremost. Our FA market is bigs like Alex Len.

Would I take Risacher. Yes. He's my #2 prospect. Still think passing on #1 is a massive mistake but Risacher will help us win and he won't be a bust. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It would be a massive mistake not to take Edey for us. I will keep bringing that point home till the chicken roost. 

We don't have cap space. That's first and foremost. Our FA market is bigs like Alex Len.

Would I take Risacher. Yes. He's my #2 prospect. Still think passing on #1 is a massive mistake but Risacher will help us win and he won't be a bust. 

We have a trade exception right? We can use that to aquire a big..

Edited by terrell

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is how we use Sarr, but all that is moot unless the rest of the roster is addressed to have real depth and real NBA talent to round out the team.

Anything Zach Langley says on Sarr is wrong. I've seen all his tweets on Sarr and there all shit. 

No. I don't know how many times I got to tell ya'll but as limited as Lively is, he's an elite PnR roller, excellent screener and plays with toughness, isn't soft, likes contract and can finish through contact. He's a center, through and through. He's also an exceptional finisher. His numbers were rivaling Edey but with far limited volume. 

Sarr is like a poor man's Marquese Chriss offensively. He's shit if your idea of him is to be a 5 man offensively. He will be useless as a 5 in the NBA. He might be good at a 5 in the Gleague where all of the 5s are ass. 

Edited by NBASupes

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

We have a trade exception right?

Claxton will cost way more than that. Maybe someone like Jonas but if you are going to sign Jonas, draft Edey. On top of that, we will be in the LT. Just mentioning. Hawks said they willing to pay. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

96 mpg with two of JJ, OO, and AS on the floor at all times and maybe even some minutes with all three on the floor is exciting as hell.  The defense will be fixed immediately.  The offensive potential is unreal.  

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I agree 100% with the first paragraph. Look at OKC with Chet. It is night and day how he has closed down the paint and can so easily switch and close. He's even slighter than Sarr is in terms of bulk. None of that matters because his hands, reach and quickness makes up for his lack of strength.

I have never seen a 7'1" player move as fast as Sarr. He closes distance very well. He's a shot blocker and rim protector. You can put him in drop, you can let him switch, you can let him roam...you aren't worry about him.

I like Edey. But I want us to take Sarr because I think he can unlock our defense in a similar fashion like Chet has done with OKC.

I believe a trio of Jalen, Sarr, OO will be outstanding defensively year 1 but I still believe you have to get a POA defender at 2 to really make it work. Sarr doesn’t have any real film showing he can play in a drop defensive scheme but honestly if it’s Jalen, OO, Sarr in a switching defense there is no need to play a drop defense scheme. Again fix the POA at the 2 next to Trae to really make that front court trio flourish defensively. I’m all for that idea!

As far as the offense goes with those 3 in the front court , think it can be ok year 1 But to say it’s going to be elite is a big stretch. Jalen offense will be better next season no doubt but OO & Sarr has a lot developing to continue with but eventually overtime it will be good with the help of Hawks university.

I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Kobe start at the 2 with Bogi coming off the bench. I just want it all to fit at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Claxton will cost way more than that. Maybe someone like Jonas but if you are going to sign Jonas, draft Edey. On top of that, we will be in the LT. Just mentioning. Hawks said they willing to pay. 

Damn what is he asking for? Geez

How about Jarret Allen? 

We can fit him in using the exception.. lol

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

But if we could sign Jonas, we don’t have to draft Edey and could draft Sarr instead. 
OO-Jonas at 5

JJ- Sarr at 4

JJ and Sarr could also split a little extra time at 3 & 5 for limited time. 
Everyone wins. 

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is how we use Sarr, but all that is moot unless the rest of the roster is addressed to have real depth and real NBA talent to round out the team.

It’s not just about the depth though, it’s the fit as well. They have 3&D around Luka and kyrie then comes lively who was icing on the cake.

OO, SARR, JALEN is good defensively but is this enough shooting around Trae ?

find me a 3&D shooting guard to go with the other 4 and I’m happy. Jalen and Sarr can be the other ball handlers outside of Trae and Jalen is going to continue to be an outstanding secondary passer. We just have to get our 2 guard position right.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You need to get this message to the F.O. somehow, because I doubt your boy is even their radar at #1....

Do you think its even possible? I cant see it..

Its gonna be Sarr or Risacher IMO..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

How about Jarret Allen? 

Allen might be available. Not sure about the price but I know he's looking for a massive raise and Cleveland isn't interested in paying. I truly believe 3 is where Edey or Clingan will land in a trade for Mitchell. Likely Clingan since he can run DHOs and give Mobley more space to operate in the paint against 4s. Mobley needs space but you don't want a stretch five because you want someone who can protect the paint since you got Garland. Edey doesn't really give you that. He needs to be the big in the paint like CC or OO. 

All of the guys that will be available will be looking for massive raises. 

Allen cost will be critical. I have no clue what he will cost trade value wise but he fits the TPE.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

How about Jarret Allen? 

Allen might be available. Not sure about the price but I know he's looking for a massive raise and Cleveland isn't interested in paying. I truly believe 3 is where Edey or Clingan will land in a trade for Mitchell. Likely Clingan since he can run DHOs and give Mobley more space to operate in the paint against 4s. Mobley needs space but you don't want a stretch five because you want someone who can protect the paint since you got Garland. Edey doesn't really give you that. He needs to be the big in the paint like CC or OO. 

All of the guys that will be available will be looking for massive raises. 

Allen cost will be critical. I have no clue what he will cost trade value wise but he fits the TPE.

If this team drafts Edey number one, they'll deserve all the flames that will be coming.  No one. And I mean no one has Edey close to one. It's a flat out lie to say otherwise.  Supes..you my guy but you're killing it with these takes on dude at one. I hope they fire anyone remotely thinking of that dude at one. And I don't even hate the dude.  I like him. At 10 and beyond.

Edited by deester11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What do we do at center if we take Risacher?

while I don’t think Sarr is true center (I see him more of a PF)…but he can certainly fill in at center.

You take Risacher , that helps the wing play but our biggest need still isn’t addressed which is center and like you said we don’t have cap space and the trade market for centers just isn’t strong seem like.

3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

But if we could sign Jonas, we don’t have to draft Edey 
OO-Jonas at 5

Edey is way better than Jonas especially at this stage. This ain't prime Jonas, this is nearly washed Jonas who's soon likely to be washed Jonas. This would be a waste. Get someone that can help. Last year, we ended up with one of the worst center groups in the NBA. Replacing CC for Jonas is like the two blue shirts meme. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, deester11 said:

If this team drafts Edey number one, they'll deserve all the flames that will be coming.  No one. And I mean no one has Edey close to one. It's a flat out lie to say otherwise.  Supes..you my guy but you're killing it with these takes on dude at one. I hope they fire anyone remotely thinking of that dude at one. And I don't even hate the dude.  I like him. At 10 and beyond.

Flame away. At the end of the day. He's the best player in the draft. He's the best fit for Trae. He's coachable, has elite mental acuity, and he's an anomaly size and athletic wise. Elite off ball prospect at big man movement and low post movement. Elite Helper. Terrific rebounder. World class screener and box out big. Solid drop coverage big. Relentless. Consistent. Terrific motor. Never stop moving. Plays possession by possession and makes the best play for that possession. Give me the best impact player in this draft. PLEASE HATE, just keep that same energy. 

At the end of the day, the PnR is what we do. We were in the top 5 with shots in the paint and the bottom 5 in efficiency. Draft the best player. He helps to an extreme degree in all of that. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, terrell said:

How about Jarret Allen? 

Jarrett Allen is signed for 2 more years at $20 mil per, so yes he fits the JC TPE.

3way with Ingram to Cavs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JTB said:

I believe a trio of Jalen, Sarr, OO will be outstanding defensively year 1 but I still believe you have to get a POA defender at 2 to really make it work. Sarr doesn’t have any real film showing he can play in a drop defensive scheme but honestly if it’s Jalen, OO, Sarr in a switching defense there is no need to play a drop defense scheme. Again fix the POA at the 2 next to Trae to really make that front court trio flourish defensively. I’m all for that idea!

As far as the offense goes with those 3 in the front court , think it can be ok year 1 But to say it’s going to be elite is a big stretch. Jalen offense will be better next season no doubt but OO & Sarr has a lot developing to continue with but eventually overtime it will be good with the help of Hawks university.

I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Kobe start at the 2 with Bogi coming off the bench. I just want it all to fit at the end of the day.

Having those three will lessen the need for a POA defender at guard.  You can play a shooter there.  

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Flame away. At the end of the day. He's the best player in the draft. He's the best fit for Trae. He's coachable, has elite mental acuity, and he's an anomaly size and athletic wise. Elite off ball prospect at big man movement and low post movement. Elite Helper. Terrific rebounder. World class screener and box out big. Solid drop coverage big. Relentless. Consistent. Terrific motor. Never stop moving. Plays possession by possession and makes the best play for that possession. Give me the best impact player in this draft. PLEASE HATE, just keep that same energy. 

At the end of the day, the PnR is what we do. We were in the top 5 with shots in the paint and the bottom 5 in efficiency. Draft the best player. He helps to an extreme degree in all of that. 

Oh I'm hating big time. That dude ain't the best player by a long shot.  I'm going to back away...I've been in the hooch. Fk that guy.  Sarr or Rishawhatthehellever should be the pick.

IMG_2233.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jarrett Allen is signed for 2 more years at $20 mil per, so yes he fits the JC TPE.

3way with Ingram to Cavs.

Jarrett Allen, Sarr, and JJ would be absolutely insane