• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: What's Next? 2024-25 Season Outlook.

JayBirdHawk

5 hours ago, AtLaS said:

I think we are a 50+ win team if we added Ayton to this squad. 

As it stands right now, offense will struggle a bit because of Capela clogging the paint and we lost a key scorer.  If we can replace Capela with Ayton this will offset any loss there and actually make us a lot more efficient than last year IMO

Ayton was the big move we should have been made but seems like that door is closing or has closed.

i find it odd Portland is willing to keep Ayton though they drafted Clingan. Still very confused on that front cause regardless of how anyone feels about Ayton he’s definitely a starter in the nba and Clingan is arguably the most nba ready rookie and theyre both centers so I have no clue what Portland is thinking unless they are going to do the opposite of the hawks and go double Center like we went double point guard in the starting lineup.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ayton was the big move we should have been made but seems like that door is closing or has closed.

i find it odd Portland is willing to keep Ayton though they drafted Clingan. Still very confused on that front cause regardless of how anyone feels about Ayton he’s definitely a starter in the nba and Clingan is arguably the most nba ready rookie and theyre both centers so I have no clue what Portland is thinking unless they are going to do the opposite of the hawks and go double Center like we went double point guard in the starting lineup.

Wow guess I answered my own after doing some research. Totally missed this ….kind of hard to believe but Billups seem serious about pairing Ayton and Clingan for a size advantage.

image.thumb.png.ab7fd6fd5b619844ecaa72cbdc081546.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

Wow guess I answered my own after doing some research. Totally missed this ….kind of hard to believe but Billups seem serious about pairing Ayton and Clingan for a size advantage.

image.thumb.png.ab7fd6fd5b619844ecaa72cbdc081546.png

I think the deal still may happen.  Probably in September when the trade restrictions are removed from the players we just traded for. It makes no sense for us to have 4 centers on the roster.  

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think the deal still may happen.  Probably in September when the trade restrictions are removed from the players we just traded for. It makes no sense for us to have 4 centers on the roster.  

You have more faith than I do. 

i believe we are done this summer. The wing positions were addressed and I believe the FO still has love for Capela despite his shortcomings offensively. There’s more than likely big hope that OO continues developing his 3pt shot because once that happens his jump shot can make up for the physical aspect he just doesn’t possess from a height and strength standpoint.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Jalen in the lab

This is awesome, love watching guys work on their game in settings like this. Thanks for posting

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JTB said:

You have more faith than I do. 

i believe we are done this summer. The wing positions were addressed and I believe the FO still has love for Capela despite his shortcomings offensively. There’s more than likely big hope that OO continues developing his 3pt shot because once that happens his jump shot can make up for the physical aspect he just doesn’t possess from a height and strength standpoint.

My only issue with OO is his rebounding. I just think he's better off the bench.  Give me Ayton and we have something cooking with this team. Offense and defense throughout.

Probably won't happen though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thoughts?

I’d take those numbers all day (assuming they aren’t inflated due to injuries).  Add Bogi | Bufkin | Daniels | Risacher 

That’s a lot to work with if the players buy in… It appears this group will buy in. 

Basketball will be more entertaining this year.  

• Like 1

hace 7 horas, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Thoughts?

Same numbers as last year, they have JJ even regressing a bit. I think numbers are probably fine for Hunter and OO, I think JJ should improve these numbers.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We are good but lacking depth at PG.  Counting on Kobe but he's basically a rookie

We are ok at SG with Dyson and Bogi but neither are a complete player

We are thin at SF if Quin doesn't believe in Hunter and we have a 19 year old rookie

PF is good with JJ and Nance

C really isn't bad with Capela and OO.  Lots of teams work with less

So I still think we are shaky at the 2 and 3 just like the last few seasons.  We are counting on big contributions from Dyson and Zacc.   That's not a lock.  

• Thanks 1

If Hunter and OO have career years then the Hawks could be pretty good. I think that JJ will be a borderline all star. Ice Trae being ice Trae and Boogie being Boogie 45 to 50 wins.

• Confused 1