• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Draft Over: What's Next?

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

None at all. Lacks toughness, soft, doesn't embrace physicality in the paint not to mention, is extremely reactive which is great for rim protection but terrible for paint protection. Add the fact that he lacks mentality, bulk, strength. I have zero faith that he will ever become better than poor at paint pro. Look at OO and he was miles ahead and terrible at it as a prospect. 

JJ has good rim pro but no paint pro

OO is excellent at rim pro and poor at paint pro

CC even washed is good at both paint and rim pro. CC used to be excellent at both. That ECF year was the CC showcase. 

As much as I loved Al, even he was just average at paint pro

Sap offered none. Nor did Smoove

Onyeka and jalen defensive numbers were pretty solid all season long when they played together especially considering how poor our POA defense was. Now pair those guys with a 7 footer roaming as well 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

People laughed when I said the Hawks must trade for Gobert. 

They laughed when I said Murray and Trae wouldn't work during trade talks. 

Keep laughing because we doing nothing but crying as a franchise.

You didn't answer his question. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

People laughed when I said the Hawks must trade for Gobert. 

They laughed when I said Murray and Trae wouldn't work during trade talks. 

Keep laughing because we doing nothing but crying as a franchise.

Your problem is you view Sarr or anyone in this draft as someone to build the franchise around. That is not what this draft is. This is a build WITH draft. Imagine An elite defensive prospect sitting there for a team that is amongst the league worst defensively and you just writing it off. We have a need, he fits a need. How hard does it get. If you weren’t infatuated with that bum in Purdue this wouldn’t even be a conversation 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Every player supes likes can come in and play immediately and every player he doesn’t like needs to wait 3 years to play LOL 

Risacher is not Jaden mcdaniels on defense. Far from it, good defender but not great. On offense he is a one trick pony. Catch and shoot threes that’s it. Good off ball mover but all he can do on offense is shoot. His handle is not good and he creates zero looks with the ball in his hands, for himself or others. Even in his best game the other day he had zero assists and 5 turnovers. Plus just like Sarr he needs to fill out his frame. Slender as heck at the moment. So as much as you guys complain about sarr guarding bigs, Risacher isn’t guarding any big wings right now either. Tatum would bully him 

I don't hate Sarr.

Jaden McDaniels current is far better than young Jaden McDaniels on D. 

He can attack closeouts. 

Good in transition 

He can PDS. Saying he can't dribble is wrong.

He can hit contested shots

Excellent mover off the ball.

He does lack self creation and his handles are standard for a big wing.

He's a better passer than the numbers indicate but he's not a playmaker. 

Agree with the frame but his shoulders aren't too narrow. Should get to 215

Risacher would get worked at times by the stars but he would battle and make it tough as well. He has good use of hands which will help more in the NBA. I think he would do well and he's 6'10. 

He's not much better than you are saying but he's better than what you are saying because you are missing the feel, BBIQ, his understanding of knowing what he is and his role. Lively just proved how valuable knowing your role is and just focusing on doing what you do and for a big wing, I think it works. That discipline and it matters and he also has a good mentality. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Your problem is you view Sarr or anyone in this draft as someone to build the franchise around. That is not what this draft is. This is a build WITH draft. Imagine An elite defensive prospect sitting there for a team that is amongst the league worst defensively and you just writing it off. We have a need, he fits a need. How hard does it get. If you weren’t infatuated with that bum in Purdue this wouldn’t even be a conversation 

I don't believe that. I believe exactly what you just said. Drafting the best player to build with Trae Young.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So you should like sarr then lol. Especially if Trae is still here 

Okay I didn’t think about this and now I need it 

He doesn't fit any of Trae's strengths 

And his strengths don't cover for Trae's weakness. 

So naw

Just now, Mikey said:

Ahhh yes his defensive versatility doesn’t compliment Trae. His ability to space the floor doesn’t benefit Trae. His ability to rim run doesn’t benefit Trae. His catch radius and play finishing doesn’t compliment Trae. He has clear compliments to Trae AND THE ENTIRE team but because he can’t screen rn guess he’s undraftable. You can teach someone to screen. Lively just learned in a few months. Rudy credited Quin for this himself. You can’t teach edey or anyone else how to do half the things sarr can do. 

No. Trae has improved as a man defender and a switch defender. He's not even our easiest defender to expose on switches anymore. That said, he will always be the most abused defender we have off the ball because of his lack of tools and measurables. We need a drop defender who can excel as a free safety like Gobert, Gasol, Jokic, etc who have the mental acuity and the physical abilities to keep attackers out the paint or make it tough when they beat Trae on cutting actions or just abuse him with their size along. Trae wasn't the worst defensive player in the NBA in defensive rating but one of the most improved defenders on the team for no reason. He vastly got better from Quin but he can't fix what God didn't give him. 

Defensive versatility matters. If he's playing the 3, it would matter. But Dre has elite defensive versatility and how did it benefit us? We can't win without him but he doesn't equal wins either. 

He has no ability to space for the floor at this stage.

Not when you can't handle physicality and you are terrible at layups. They will contest all of his shots and he will be awful. He's too weak to be an effective rim runner. He shot 50% with layup in Australia against backup bad bigs. That's insanity!

No, it's not all that impressive. OO has the same catch radius and he unlike Sarr is tough, strong, mentally built for it and he embraces contact and he's not impressive at it. Sarr is would a worse Marquese Chriss at it. Chriss was a better athlete too. 

He has no compliments to Trae. 

Lively was great at it in Duke and HS. Sarr was bad at it at OTE and in Australia. 

Lively metrics as a PnR roll big was only behind Edey last year and this year, he clearly transitioned to the NBA as expected. Lively is more like Risacher where he's ready for a specific role. Sure, he can't play with everyone and everything but he fits here. 

Sarr is gonna be terrible based on your expectations of him. Ass

If you saw him for what he is, I would agree. 

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No. Trae has improved as a man defender and a switch defender. He's not even our easiest defender to expose on switches anymore. That said, he will always be the most abused defender we have off the ball because of his lack of tools and measurables. We need a drop defender who can excel as a free safety like Gobert, Gasol, Jokic, etc who have the mental acuity and the physical abilities to keep attackers out the paint or make it tough when they beat Trae on cutting actions or just abuse him with their size along. Trae wasn't the worst defensive player in the NBA in defensive rating but one of the most improved defenders on the team for no reason. He vastly got better from Quin but he can't fix what God didn't give him. 

Defensive versatility matters. If he's playing the 3, it would matter. But Dre has elite defensive versatility and how did it benefit us? We can't win without him but he doesn't equal wins either. 

He has no ability to space for the floor at this stage.

Not when you can't handle physicality and you are terrible at layups. They will contest all of his shots and he will be awful. He's too weak to be an effective rim runner. He shot 50% with layup in Australia against backup bad bigs. That's insanity!

No, it's not all that impressive. OO has the same catch radius and he unlike Sarr is tough, strong, mentally built for it and he embraces contact and he's not impressive at it. Sarr is would a worse Marquese Chriss at it. Chriss was a better athlete too. 

He has no compliments to Trae. 

Lively was great at it in Duke and HS. Sarr was bad at it at OTE and in Australia. 

Lively metrics as a PnR roll big was only behind Edey last year and this year, he clearly transitioned to the NBA as expected. Lively is more like Risacher where he's ready for a specific role. Sure, he can't play with everyone and everything but he fits here. 

Sarr is gonna be terrible based on your expectations of him. Ass

If you saw him for what he is, I would agree. 

More bad takes on Sarr.  

Edited by KB21
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

More bad takes on Sarr.  

Why is it a bad take and bring facts? Don't KB the post with rubbish and opinions. Post data. No Ceilings has the data. Synergy has the data. Post data. Prove me wrong. 

The difference between me and KB is I back my shit up and if I can't like Dre Hunter against @TheNorthCydeRises and say I see the game how I see the game and if you can't see the game like I do, we just aren't gonna be on the same page. Because @TheNorthCydeRises will bring the data and when it's Dre, it's usually not good.

Don't tell me my post is bad. Reply to the post and prove me wrong. I've read all of the data, I've watched the games. If I Am taking a strong stance in 2024. Its because I did the homework. please come correct

• Like 1