• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Draft Over: What's Next?

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Be honest.  The #1 reason folks want atl to draft this guy is to listen to Nique pronounce(sic) his name...

:Nique: "Researcher!"

:Nique: "Reacher!"

:Nique: "Re-aschteter!"

:Bob: "Well done, Nique."

:Nique: "Ya know, I was born in France." 

This, This, all this!!!!!

laughing-michael-jordan.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

I get it with Sarr for some of you

7ft+ 

Traits like a mfer

Very Athletic 

World class lateral quickness

Extremely reactive as a defender

Good motor

Confident kid

I can see why you taken a liking to him on surface. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Moderators

By way of explanation on direction to not blast people for past bad calls.  This is direction to focus on basketball discussion and not posters.  It doesn't mean people can't revisit prior issues.

If you want to revisit past threads, feel free do that.  If you want to attack another poster due to being wrong in the past, let's drop it and just explain why they are wrong now.  

The difference is one goes back to the prior discussion and does a substantive post-mortum disconnected from a poster.  The other is purely focused on the poster.  We aren't here to discuss posters but basketball.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

If you want to revisit past threads, feel free do that.  If you want to attack another poster due to being wrong in the past, let's drop it and just explain why they are wrong now.  

The difference is one goes back to the prior discussion and does a substantive post-mortum disconnected from a poster.  The other is purely focused on the poster.  We aren't here to discuss posters but basketball.

Yeah, under advice of counsel, I'll just drop it and will resist the urge to snark my way into oblivion the next few weeks and months.

Besides,I still owe the world an Outsiders update..... 

:alien:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, deester11 said:

I agree.  HOWEVAH..for my last take on Sarr with regards to Supes and the "Fit" for the Hawks.  It boils down to this for me:

• Young would help ease Sarr's transition on offense. Sarr has never played with a point guard of that caliber and he would get easy/great looks on the floor.
  • Johnson, Okongwu, and Sarr can switch and guard multiple positions.  Atlanta has never had that with Trae Young and those three would help hide Trae's shortcomings on the defensive end (although he is better, he will always have size/defense limitations). It's not the cleanest fit, but it can work
  • I acknowledge the work needed to expand his offensive game, but this is inevitable for most of the players in this class.  Again, my gamble on his upside, athleticism, defense is predicated on the rest of the roster, but he makes the most sense to me UNLESS, they move down and add significant pieces.  The players in this draft (other than Sarr) scream COMPLEMENTARY.  The Hawks need more than that.

Sarr also lessens the need to acquire elite POA perimeter defenders.  The combo of Sarr and Okongwu can cover enough space to "cover" for the mistakes of the perimeter defenders.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My expectations for him a far lower than yours especially offensively. You just think he can’t do anything. Defensively you say we need something but but the team and Quin have literally showed you otherwise. We don’t need a drop defender when that’s not our base defense. We need someone that can play at the level, switch, and play drop. A mix of the three and if you watch the games he’s improved his drop. He’s even talked about it being a point of emphasis to get better and coaches worked with him to do so cause he was closing to the guard too high. These are words directly from the player and his coaches. 

saying he can’t space is just a flat out lie and the most infuriating thing you say. His percentages are low but he clearly has the indicators that he can be a good shooter and the threat of shooting is far more important than actually shooting. Myles turner is the poster boy for stretch 5 and he’s had multiple nba seasons shooting 33% from 3. Nobody says he’s a bad shooter. Why because we know he CAN shoot. The threat is more important than the make/miss aspect. Our spacing immediately improves day 1 with him in for Clint. 

Mavs fans all beginning of szn complained about lively screening. And again this is one of the easiest things to teach especially as he fills his frame out. Gobert credited Quin himself but I’m sure he can’t teach Sarr cause he’s soft or something right? 

if you can’t see how a player that can space the floor and offers scheme versatility defensively while not even scratching the surface as an offensive player yet compliments Trae idk what to tell you. But you already made your mind up long ago edey was the hawks savior and now when we moved up and won’t even touch him (weren’t going to anyways) you’re coping 

First off, thank you Mikey for the reply. I respect the hell out of it. I have to do a cert and then see some houses. I'll reply tonight but thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Why is it a bad take and bring facts? Don't KB the post with rubbish and opinions. Post data. No Ceilings has the data. Synergy has the data. Post data. Prove me wrong. 

Data says sarr is better offensively than you give him credit for 

IMG_3026.jpeg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I agree.  HOWEVAH..for my last take on Sarr with regards to Supes and the "Fit" for the Hawks.  It boils down to this for me:

• Young would help ease Sarr's transition on offense. Sarr has never played with a point guard of that caliber and he would get easy/great looks on the floor.
  • Johnson, Okongwu, and Sarr can switch and guard multiple positions.  Atlanta has never had that with Trae Young and those three would help hide Trae's shortcomings on the defensive end (although he is better, he will always have size/defense limitations). It's not the cleanest fit, but it can work
  • I acknowledge the work needed to expand his offensive game, but this is inevitable for most of the players in this class.  Again, my gamble on his upside, athleticism, defense is predicated on the rest of the roster, but he makes the most sense to me UNLESS, they move down and add significant pieces.  The players in this draft (other than Sarr) scream COMPLEMENTARY.  The Hawks need more than that.

I can't respond right now but I'll get to this tonight. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Data says sarr is better offensively than you give him credit for 

IMG_3026.jpeg

This is fine for a big wing, this is bad for a 4. This is awful for a 5. When you look at his charts and watch his film, he really shines just think of him as a big wing. Obviously the offense is way too raw but the defense and the offensive potential is there 

18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sarr also lessens the need to acquire elite POA perimeter defenders.  The combo of Sarr and Okongwu can cover enough space to "cover" for the mistakes of the perimeter defenders.  

Who's going to rebound? lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Who's going to rebound? lol

Sarr will be a great rebounder in the NBA.  Okongwu is a good rebounder.  Johnson is a good rebounder.  I'm not concerned in the least that we won't have to just camp someone down on the block to get rebounds.  

• Like 4