• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Draft Over: What's Next?

JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Data says sarr is better offensively than you give him credit for 

IMG_3026.jpeg

Yep, and there is significant equity in his ability to shoot, and there is also some equity with him as a shot creator.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

The difference between me and KB is I back my shit up and if I can't like Dre Hunter against @TheNorthCydeRises and say I see the game how I see the game and if you can't see the game like I do, we just aren't gonna be on the same page. Because @TheNorthCydeRises will bring the data and when it's Dre, it's usually not good.

Yeah. Dre's defensive data usually is not good. I've never seen a so-called good defender like Dre have so many negative defensive metrics.

He's a solid on ball defender but not a defensive difference maker. And that's what we need on this team. A defensive difference maker.

KB says that putting Dre at the 2 is a bad idea because he doesn't defend guards well.

cIf that's the case, why do we covet him like he's so critical to the team. Just find some other dude to replace him.

But yes, I agree Supes. Dre's defensive data is bad.  Offensively, he had a solid year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sarr will be a great rebounder in the NBA.  Okongwu is a good rebounder.  Johnson is a good rebounder.  I'm not concerned in the least that we won't have to just camp someone down on the block to get rebounds.  

I give you JJ. He's a good reb for his position.. But OO is an avg reb at best imo.. Ive seen other teams get Offensvive reb galore when he's out there.. No clue about Sarr... But I haven't seen anyone brag about his rebounding potential..

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah. Dre's defensive data usually is not good. I've never seen a so-called good defender like Dre have so many negative defensive metrics.

He's a solid on ball defender but not a defensive difference maker. And that's what we need on this team. A defensive difference maker.

KB says that putting Dre at the 2 is a bad idea because he doesn't defend guards well.

cIf that's the case, why do we covet him like he's so critical to the team. Just find some other dude to replace him.

But yes, I agree Supes. Dre's defensive data is bad.  Offensively, he had a solid year.

He does an above average job of defending big wings.  However, he's very much below average when it comes to defending fours and twos.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I give you JJ. But OO is an avg reb at best imo.. Ive seen other teams get Offensvive reb galore when he's out there..

That's usually because when OO is out there, he is asked to do more defensively than just hang out at the rim.  His defensive responsibilities take him out of ideal rebounding position at times.  Same thing with Sarr this year with Perth.  He had immense defensive responsibilities, and a lot of the time, that took him out of rebounding position.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is fine for a big wing, this is bad for a 4. This is awful for a 5. When you look at his charts and watch his film, he really shines just think of him as a big wing. Obviously the offense is way too raw but the defense and the offensive potential is there 

And offensively he is a big wing lol. You guys are so fixated on placing a label on him as a big wing vs a 4 vs a 5. Offensively and defensively his skill sets are for different archetypes. And unlike JC it’s the skill set you want 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My expectations for him a far lower than yours especially offensively. You just think he can’t do anything. Defensively you say we need something but but the team and Quin have literally showed you otherwise. We don’t need a drop defender when that’s not our base defense. We need someone that can play at the level, switch, and play drop. A mix of the three and if you watch the games he’s improved his drop. He’s even talked about it being a point of emphasis to get better and coaches worked with him to do so cause he was closing to the guard too high. These are words directly from the player and his coaches. 

saying he can’t space is just a flat out lie and the most infuriating thing you say. His percentages are low but he clearly has the indicators that he can be a good shooter and the threat of shooting is far more important than actually shooting. Myles turner is the poster boy for stretch 5 and he’s had multiple nba seasons shooting 33% from 3. Nobody says he’s a bad shooter. Why because we know he CAN shoot. The threat is more important than the make/miss aspect. Our spacing immediately improves day 1 with him in for Clint. 

Mavs fans all beginning of szn complained about lively screening. And again this is one of the easiest things to teach especially as he fills his frame out. Gobert credited Quin himself but I’m sure he can’t teach Sarr cause he’s soft or something right? 

if you can’t see how a player that can space the floor and offers scheme versatility defensively while not even scratching the surface as an offensive player yet compliments Trae idk what to tell you. But you already made your mind up long ago edey was the hawks savior and now when we moved up and won’t even touch him (weren’t going to anyways) you’re coping 

You brought it with this post.  Combined, conceptualized, contexted and wrapped up.  Kudos Mikey.

IMB_20191105111742_C20k.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

And offensively he is a big wing lol. You guys are so fixated on placing a label on him as a big wing vs a 4 vs a 5. Offensively and defensively his skill sets are for different archetypes. And unlike JC it’s the skill set you want 

Actually, he's a big wing period. JC offense was fine. It was his defense that was the issue. If you could combine JC offense with Sarr defense. He would unquestionably be the #1 prospect and i would run up to the podium for Landry and Adam to make the pick. If Sarr was offensively JC and Sarr on D. I would have never wanted JC traded ever but then again, no one would trade JC if he was Sarr on defense. 

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I think this is all Trae wants. 

We all want this, BUT

This is not a good team as constructed.....

We're not a 19 year old away from doing anything remarkable either.......

Without multiple moves, this team will be fighting for another playin spot next season IMO.........................

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

We all want this, BUT

Without multiple moves, this team will be fighting for another playin spot next season IMO.........................

That's the point with this draft.  On its own merit it doesn't matter who you draft if you don't get the other pieces.  You need vision. I ain't confident the FO is capable. Yet.  If ever.

Edited by deester11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

That's the point with this draft.  On its own merit or doesn't matter who you draft if you don't get the other pieces.  You need vision. I ain't confident the FO is capable. Yet.  If ever.

I have confidence in the basketball staff.  I don't have confidence that Ressler will let them do their job.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

As for Supes..come on in out the cold.  Get you a hot plate.  You welcome at the table...ha 

IMG_4271.gif

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I have confidence in the basketball staff.  I don't have confidence that Ressler will let them do their job.  

Yep.  This.

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, deester11 said:

That's the point with this draft.  On its own merit or doesn't matter who you draft if you don't get the other pieces.  You need vision. I ain't confident the FO is capable. Yet.  If ever.

With Trae remaining we not only have to make “multiple moves” but we need to WIN each and every one of them, not salary dump, and be willing to pay the tax to contend within the next 2 years...................

A rebuild that stalls at year 4 and gets worse at 5 and substantially worse at year 6, isn’t being saved by a 19 year old  player in a bad draft,  even if he shows promise.

It takes time to equate to winning basketball at this level, and Trae contract-wise and personally-wise isn’t on Sarr’s long-view schedule.

A lot of tough decisions for the F.O. going forward IMO..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Risacher is not Jaden mcdaniels on defense. Far from it, good defender but not great. On offense he is a one trick pony. Catch and shoot threes that’s it. Good off ball mover but all he can do on offense is shoot. His handle is not good and he creates zero looks with the ball in his hands, for himself or others. Even in his best game the other day he had zero assists and 5 turnovers. Plus just like Sarr he needs to fill out his frame. Slender as heck at the moment. So as much as you guys complain about sarr guarding bigs, Risacher isn’t guarding any big wings right now either. Tatum would bully him 

Two words:

French

Vanilla 

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, terrell said:

We all want this, BUT

This is why moving one of Trae or DJM is essential and the most important move for the team as far as impact on the 2024-25 team.

• Like 2