• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Draft Over: What's Next?

JayBirdHawk

Well as the roster is today this is what I would do

PG: Trae Young, Delon Wright, Kobe Bufkin,

SG: Bogdan Bogdanovich, Dyson Daniels, Garrison Mathews 

SF: DeAndre Hunter, Zaccharie Risacher, Naji Marshall

PF: Jalen Johnson, Larry Nance Jr., Mouhammed Gueye

C - ?, Onyeka Okongwu, Mo Bamba

I have clear that we should add some veterans to the team as Wright and Marshall, I think we need a stretch 5 as Bamba and do not know which Center we could get for Capela expiring contract, at this point I still want Hunter here.

Two way contracts:

Vit Krecji, Seth Lundy, Dylan Windler, Nikola Đurišić

Here’s how I see the lineup shaking out (with Players I hope we can trade for and newcomers):

SG: Dyson Daniels, Bogdan Bogdanovich, Garrison Mathews 

SF: Zaccharie Risacher, DeAndre Hunter, Vit

C - Jarrett Allen, Onyeka Okongwu

This is an instant top 10 defense in my opinion. Trae would have to work his magic offensively with the starters and we’d need Risacher and Jalen to really get it going offensively BUT the two key components of this lineup of starters and bench players is that we have a really good defense (predicted) and a really good bench led by Bogi & Hunter.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

hace 19 minutos, JTB dijo:

Here’s how I see the lineup shaking out (with Players I hope we can trade for and newcomers):

This is an instant top 10 defense in my opinion. Trae would have to work his magic offensively with the starters and we’d need Risacher and Jalen to really get it going offensively BUT the two key components of this lineup of starters and bench players is that we have a really good defense (predicted) and a really good bench led by Bogi & Hunter.

Lakers are pursuing Jarrett Allen with Hachimur, Hood-Schofino and 2 1st rd picks.

I cannot see how we can get Allen with just Capela, we would need Hunter and a first rd pick package. Then we need to convert Capela on a wing

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Lakers are pursuing Jarrett Allen with Hachimur, Hood-Schofino and 2 1st rd picks.

I cannot see how we can get Allen with just Capela, we would need Hunter and a first rd pick package. Then we need to convert Capela on a wing

Link?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the Kings are trying to make a major trade - and they need our help …

Trade 1: Capela for Harrison Barnes + unprotecting the 2025 pick (I think we can absorb Barnes into the Murray TE and then create a new one for $22M)

trade 2: Worst of unprotected lakers and kings pick for Walker Kessler 

trae / bufkin / ???

daniels / Bogi / Mathews

hunter / risacher / vit

jj / barnes / gueye

Oo / Kessler / nance

We are def lacking a backup 4. Nance is not it. Bogi / Hunter / Barnes could be cap casualties next year. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

Trade 1: Capela for Harrison Barnes + unprotecting the 2025 pick (I think we can absorb Barnes into the Murray TE and then create a new one for $22M)

trae / bufkin / ???

daniels / Bogi / Mathews

hunter / risacher / vit

jj / barnes / gueye

Oo / Kessler / nance

We are def lacking a backup 4. Nance is not it. Bogi / Hunter / Barnes could be cap casualties next year. 

Nance has played 20mpg every season so far, don't think you can get away with putting him 3rd string. And since we used the TE to acquire him, I don't believe we can reroute him either.

I like the idea of Harrison Barnes, Kings fans say his defense has regressed badly though. 

2 hours ago, JTB said:

I wouldn't try blocking Kobe with Delon. I think the team is trusting him with the reigns of being the backup PG.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Nance has played 20mpg every season so far, don't think you can get away with putting him 3rd string. And since we used the TE to acquire him, I don't believe we can reroute him either.

I like the idea of Harrison Barnes, Kings fans say his defense has regressed badly though. 

fair. His defense is good enough off the bench for me. Wouldn’t want him sharing the bulk of his minutes with Trae though. 

maybe flip nance for something different then? 

Edited by h4wkfan

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, aali34 said:

We can trade him by himself, just can't add another player with him for about 2 months.

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, gurpilo said:

The addition of Nance should not be underestimated, he is a quality veteran that will add toughness and useful minutes, his advance stats are really good. He can shot the 3 with good percentages as well something that is really useful for Atlanta. 

With all this youth movement I think we should add a veteran guard an Forward to the rotation, Delon Wright or my dream Deanthony Melton (probably really expensive for us) and Naji Marshall, Crowder or Bullock, I know Marshall is probably not a veteran but definately a really good defender that could really help.

He has no future with the team but he should be the quality rotation player we badly missed last year behind JJ in this his age 32 season.  When I talked about paying someone $10M to give us some depth last year this is basically the kind of player that could/should have been.

• Like 1

This is going to be a big season for Trae (depending on what we end up with). We’re finally getting a collection of good defenders, but they’re going to be offensively challenged to say the least. Trae is going to have to really put in some work to squeeze more points out of the team. I have a feeling he’s going to take more shots at a lower efficiency, and his assists will go down because he won’t have enough players that can convert his dimes to points. 

I worry that weight will eventually wear on him and we could see something similar to the Miami series come playoff time. 

I expect JJ will continue to grow, and Bogi is still around but I don’t think that will be enough. 
Maybe we get lucky and French Vanilla is better than expected. Hunter can’t be counted on for anything more than popping off once every three weeks or so. 

We need a center that can be a force offensively when needed, but IDK of anyone available that’d work. I look at the top 25 centers and try to think of who may be available and it gets depressing. Ayton is not it. I don’t expect us to beat anyone bidding on Allen. Brook Lopez maybe? IDK, that’s about the best I’ve got. 

• Like 3

On 6/29/2024 at 10:21 PM, bird_dirt said:

This is going to be a big season for Trae (depending on what we end up with). We’re finally getting a collection of good defenders, but they’re going to be offensively challenged to say the least. Trae is going to have to really put in some work to squeeze more points out of the team. I have a feeling he’s going to take more shots at a lower efficiency, and his assists will go down because he won’t have enough players that can convert his dimes to points. 

I worry that weight will eventually wear on him and we could see something similar to the Miami series come playoff time. 

I expect JJ will continue to grow, and Bogi is still around but I don’t think that will be enough. 
Maybe we get lucky and French Vanilla is better than expected. Hunter can’t be counted on for anything more than popping off once every three weeks or so. 

We need a center that can be a force offensively when needed, but IDK of anyone available that’d work. I look at the top 25 centers and try to think of who may be available and it gets depressing. Ayton is not it. I don’t expect us to beat anyone bidding on Allen. Brook Lopez maybe? IDK, that’s about the best I’ve got. 

Everyone here seems to think "just let Trae cook" is our answer to everything. I completely disagree. If people here think Trae taking a milllion shots a game is our pathway to success, I don't even know what to say. Teams are going to completely smother him. We are in for a long season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/29/2024 at 7:10 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

We can trade him by himself, just can't add another player with him for about 2 months.

The trade is not official yet. And with the rumors of Sacramento seeking Brandon Ingram, there could be time this week for the teams to expand the trade to include Sacramento, as well as possibly a 4th team to take Capela/Nance. And John Hollinger speculated that the reason for pushing back Bruno's guarantee date may have been specifically to provide time to find a team to which we could re-route Nance.

On 6/29/2024 at 3:28 PM, h4wkfan said:

trae / bufkin / ???

daniels / Bogi / Mathews

hunter / risacher / vit

jj / barnes / gueye

Oo / Kessler / nance

We need to gather as many assets as possible  for a rebuild. That team isn't very competitive. Draft picks and young upside prospects. How do we manage Trae with this kind of squad.  I predict he will want out.

On 6/29/2024 at 7:21 PM, bird_dirt said:

I suspect teams will be very physical with Trae . He has no one to help him offensively. The beatings will take a toll on him physically. I really don't think Trae will be here long, he will demand a trade.

We are in a rebuild which will take some time especially since we don't have our draft picks. Let's hope their is a market for Trae that will help kick start this new rebuild. 

On 6/28/2024 at 2:37 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Loving the International flavour of the team.

Jrue, White,Brown,and Tatum. This is what it took to win the championship.  Do we have anyone with this kind of pedigree? Being young and tall isn't enough. Question is can you play. 

If you had to build a team to compete for a championship would you take any of these guys?

Maybe someone develops into an Allstars level player but it takes time. 

We didn't get an Edwards, Banchero  or Wemby with our #1. A generational talent . This is going to take time, development and wise use of the salary cap and trades/free agency to turn this around. And that's not making any mistakes which is unrealistic.  Patience will be needed. We were almost there before and it all blew up.

• Like 1