• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Draft Over: What's Next?

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Risacher is not Jaden mcdaniels on defense. Far from it, good defender but not great. On offense he is a one trick pony. Catch and shoot threes that’s it. Good off ball mover but all he can do on offense is shoot. His handle is not good and he creates zero looks with the ball in his hands, for himself or others. Even in his best game the other day he had zero assists and 5 turnovers. Plus just like Sarr he needs to fill out his frame. Slender as heck at the moment. So as much as you guys complain about sarr guarding bigs, Risacher isn’t guarding any big wings right now either. Tatum would bully him 

No handle and cant pass?

That sounds way too familiar.

No thanks. lol

Edited by terrell

22 hours ago, KB21 said:

He does an above average job of defending big wings.  However, he's very much below average when it comes to defending fours and twos.  

He 2s and 4s ARE wings in todays NBA. He doesn’t defend either well, or traditional 3s.

He also doesn’t rebound, doesn’t pass, doesn’t disrupt, doesnt play passing lanes. 

What Dre is, is a decent team defender. He’s not a stopper. He’s not even a glue guy. He’s a poor man’s Harrison Barnes except Harrison plays winning basketball. 

57 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I hate the NBA is smoothing the cap.  The Hawks could have had big money to spend, but this makes it better in a way. 

Having money to spend doesn’t matter anymore because star players don’t make it to free agency anymore. It’s way too lucrative for them to resign and force trades 

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I hate the NBA is smoothing the cap.  The Hawks could have had big money to spend, but this makes it better in a way. 

Extend Jalen.  Just give him Cam Johnson money.  

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, marco102 said:

So would every other team and most players would get overpayed like the great cap explosion of 2016 like we did with Bazemore. 

So naah....I'm good.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So would every other team and most players would get overpayed like the great cap explosion of 2016 like we did with Bazemore. 

So naah....I'm good.

Yeah that's why I said its better in a way.

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

35 days and counting!

I much prefer this to the Shellhead year where literally everybody knew what we were gonna do ... and were laughing at us.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Extend Jalen.  Just give him Cam Johnson money.  

He's getting somewhere between Jaden McDaniels money and Jerami Grant money, IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sarr or Claxton.. There will be plenty of big lugs like Capela out there.. like Valančiūnas or Steven Adams.

Hawks need size on the wing and front court... BUT MORE SO THEY NEED SHOT BLOCKING AND BASKET DETERRANCE AND POA DEFENSE.

If they somehow manage to upgrade those areas I will have bigger expectations

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Sarr or Claxton.. There will be plenty of big lugs like Capela out there.. like Valančiūnas or Steven Adams.

Hawks need size on the wing and front court... BUT MORE SO THEY NEED SHOT BLOCKING AND BASKET DETERRANCE AND POA DEFENSE.

If they somehow manage to upgrade those areas I will have bigger expectations

I’m not disagreeing, but we also need paint defense and rebounding.  We’d go from Mitchell Robinson and Randle one night to Giannis and Lopez the next.  
Sarr may not provide everything we need.  

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I’m not disagreeing, but we also need paint defense and rebounding.  We’d go from Mitchell Robinson and Randle one night to Giannis and Lopez the next.  

Not everything, but he’s a good start. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

What I mean is we get Sarr and someone bigger as a tandem.

Model off the Grizzlies did with JJJ and Adams

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Yeah, we have to get a big lumbering slow ass big to defend the two post up possessions we will see on average.  

Edited by KB21
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah, we have to get a big lumbering slow ass big to defend the two post up possessions we will see on average.  

Mitchell Robinson, for example, does much more than that.

You have a blindspot when it comes to the bigs discussion.  Literally no one wants a lumbering big. But we do need more size.

Well, one person really, really wants a lumbering big, but my counsel tells me not to talk about him so I'll just trail off ....... 

• Like 1