• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Draft Over: What's Next?

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, JustSomeGuy said:

If we can get that for Capela and no picks we would be dumb to not take it. Looney would be a solid rotational big/backup and mentor. Moody is a scoring wing with upside and GP gives us a 3&D wing defender

I love GP2 but he should walk around with a training table strapped to his back.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, hawkman said:

Giddey has other issues besides his shooting. No way the Hawks trade for him.

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Just not worth the potential bad optics.

It was investigated and he was cleared. What else do you want? You want to criticize a guy for his basketball then fine, but to continue to disparage and demean someone for allegations that proved to be meritless and defamatory is not cool at all. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's not good enough to bother dealing with the potential bad optics, press, etc.

Period.

And, if we're being honest, this is more of a situation where the child didn't want to go through with the process.  In our country that's considered "cleared" but it doesn't scream "innocence" to me.   

I don't know if he would help our team, I don't have any strong opinions on him as a player, but there would no controversy whatsoever, he was cleared. OKC did not even suspend him or ask him to sit, and there was no issue. NBA concluded it's investigation, it's over. There would no issue with "optics", you're wrong on this one buddy. 

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I don't know if he would help our team, I don't have any strong opinions on him as a player, but there would no controversy whatsoever, he was cleared. OKC did not even suspend him or ask him to sit, and there was no issue. NBA concluded it's investigation, it's over. There would no issue with "optics", you're wrong on this one buddy. 

Agree to disagree on this one, bk.

And, let's agree, I'm never wrong. 😇 

• Like 2

Giddey’s FT and 3 point shooting would scare off a lot of people, which is understandable.  His positional versatility is stout af though with considerable time at the 2, 3, and “4” in his career.  He can do a bit of everything, just nothing well outside of hitting the glass on both ends.  

Pretty good, not great defender.  He’s probably the worst career starting player I’ve seen with a stock per minute in his career.  That’s Giannis level stat production and an indicator that he can get considerably better with the right coaching and fit.  There’s just no room for him to be on the ball as much as he would like in OKC with Jalen ascending, and you’d definitely want Wallace or Joe spacing the floor over him.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

OKC did not even suspend him or ask him to sit, and there was no issue. NBA concluded it's investigation, it's over. There would no issue with "optics", you're wrong on this one buddy. 

So OKC and the NBA buried the case and prolly paid girl’s family off instead of court. What’s your point, dude was gross and tried to get with a kid, wether proven guilty or not he needs to stay away from kids.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

It was investigated and he was cleared. What else do you want? You want to criticize a guy for his basketball then fine, but to continue to disparage and demean someone for allegations that proved to be meritless and defamatory is not cool at all. 

I in no way criticized, disparaged, or demeaned Giddey, nor did I go into detail about his situation. I actually like his all around game despite his shooting issues, but he has the type of baggage this team absolutely cannot afford to take on. All it takes is for one person to change their mind about what happened and when those things happened and those "meritless allegations" become front page news. 

43 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So OKC and the NBA buried the case and prolly paid girl’s family off instead of court. What’s your point, dude was gross and tried to get with a kid, wether proven guilty or not he needs to stay away from kids.

So it's all a conspiracy! Right. Or maybe they did an investigation and found the allegations were without merit. Maybe one day you will be accused of crime you didn't commit, and have more empathy. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

I in no way criticized, disparaged, or demeaned Giddey, nor did I go into detail about his situation. I actually like his all around game despite his shooting issues, but he has the type of baggage this team absolutely cannot afford to take on. All it takes is for one person to change their mind about what happened and when those things happened and those "meritless allegations" become front page news. 

An investigation was completed. It is not an ongoing investigation. What else do you want? It's like people here want him to be guilty. Players get accused of stuff all the time, everyone is looking for a pay off or an opportunity to sue. That's why they do an investigation to examine the merit of the claims. He's been cleared. If like Spud you think the NBA is part of some conspiracy to protect a role player, I don't know what else to tell you. 

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

An investigation was completed. It is not an ongoing investigation. What else do you want? It's like people here want him to be guilty. Players get accused of stuff all the time, everyone is looking for a pay off or an opportunity to sue. That's why they do an investigation to examine the merit of the claims. He's been cleared. If like Spud you think the NBA is part of some conspiracy to protect a role player, I don't know what else to tell you. 

Nothing. I don't care enough about Giddey to derail this thread any further.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So it's all a conspiracy! Right. Or maybe they did an investigation and found the allegations were without merit. Maybe one day you will be accused of crime you didn't commit, and have more empathy. 

It was reported that the family refused to cooperate, thus there was no "investigation" other than taking his word for it. 

As @hawkman said, he didn't bring up details about the situation.  He merely suggested it wasn't worth it to pursue the player.  And he's not wrong.  You decided to delve into this further while the rest of us chose to talk around it to avoid the inevitable derailing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1 for 4 and 8 is my dream

I’m not passing on Sarr but that way we could get my 2 others but it wouldn’t make sense for us to get #4 Rob Dill #8 Holland.

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1 for 4 and 8 is my dream

I don’t want Wemby/Sarr to be Mr. Rob/Fundy

• Premium Member

I think today is 'Propose Dumb Trades for  Hawks Day' (as seen around the interwebs)

1. Hawks should use the #1 pick to dump Trae's salary

2. Trae and JJ to Magic for WCJ, Black, Howard, 24 1st, 25 Denver 1st, 26 1st, 27 swap.

3. Murray and #1 for Ingram

4. Okongwu and #1 for Jarrett Allen (in a 3way with NOP and Cavs)

:blanky: :blanky: :blanky:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think today is 'Propose Dumb Trades for  Hawks Day':

1. Hawks should use the #1 pick to dump Trae's salary

2. Trae and JJ to Magic for WCJ, Black, Howard, 24 1st, 25 Denver 1st, 26 1st, 27 swap.

3. Murray and #1 for Ingram

4. Okongwu and #1 for Jarrett Allen (in a 3way with NOP and Cavs)

:blanky: :blanky: :blanky:

Ooo this is fun.. how about #1 and Murray for Quentin Grimes

or Trae Young and #1 for Austin Reeves

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ooo this is fun.. how about #1 and Murray for Quentin Grimes

or Trae Young and #1 for Austin Reeves

Whoa, whoa, how many future 1sts are we including to get Reaves back tho?  7? 

• Haha 3