• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Draft Over: What's Next?

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think today is 'Propose Dumb Trades for  Hawks Day':

1. Hawks should use the #1 pick to dump Trae's salary

2. Trae and JJ to Magic for WCJ, Black, Howard, 24 1st, 25 Denver 1st, 26 1st, 27 swap.

3. Murray and #1 for Ingram

4. Okongwu and #1 for Jarrett Allen (in a 3way with NOP and Cavs)

:blanky: :blanky: :blanky:

Just to be clear, these aren't trades you've made up but are ones you've seen online, correct?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just to be clear, these aren't trades you've made up but are ones you've seen online, correct?

I've seen online. My mind can't make up such things :smile3: (edited post to be clear)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As a Hawks fan I have no interest in any Grizz or Bulls player. Portland is a different story. I would do :

Blazers get: #1 + filler (Trent Forrest; 500k)

Hawks get : Shaedon Sharpe + #7 (6.3 mill)

If the #1 pick is slated to earn 10.5 mill and #7 would get 5.5 mill it would be about a 5 mill difference which evens out salaries but I’m not sure. @JayBirdHawk the student of the great pupil Bab the OG Fanatic of the Hawks, would you kindly chime in on this if I may? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

As a Hawks fan I have no interest in any Grizz or Bulls player. Portland is a different story. I would do :

Blazers get: #1 + filler (Trent Forrest; 500k)

Hawks get : Shaedon Sharpe + #7 (6.3 mill)

If the #1 pick is slated to earn 10.5 mill and #7 would get 5.5 mill it would be about a 5 mill difference which evens out salaries but I’m not sure. @JayBirdHawk the student of the great pupil Bab the OG Fanatic of the Hawks, would you kindly chime in on this if I may? 

Isn't Sharpe basically an American version of Rissach.... Resea .... uh, the French guy? 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just don't see it man.  His shot is so slow and he's not even a good free throw shooter.  He's going to space the floor like Jonas Valančiūnas "spaces the floor", at best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Isn't Sharpe basically an American version of Rissach.... Resea .... uh, the French guy? 

Is he? I honestly can’t comment on Risacher just because of the Luka craze. Every year folks wanna target the next finals prototype. Risacher might be more of a Nikola Tskitishvili than a Luka Nikola Vucekick(me in the balls now).. 

Sharpe is a lil monster bro. 2 way dude I think his game is mad strong. Just my 2 cents on dude.

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

All Squawk posters know, if a player is not a good free throw shooter, then he's on my blacklist!!

😝

💯 gramps! Now I’m curious between Sarr, Risacher and Clingan (obviously not him now I know) who shot the highest ft%? Guessing Risacher out of the three.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

My whole thing is this way we have 2 shots at it. We get our future 3/2 in Sharpe, to basically replace Hunter and be what Hunter isn’t AND, we still get 3 picks higher(than where we were slated at 10)  on a player  like (Holland etc.) that fall into that juicy 6-12 range.

Two chances cuz let’s face it, our luck in the draft hasn’t been great outside of Trae for a minute. 

At the same time, with our luck we do this and Sarr turns into Giannis in 1.5 years. 😢 

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

💯 gramps! Now I’m curious between Sarr, Risacher and Clingan (obviously not him now I know) who shot the highest ft%? Guessing Risacher out of the three.

For you and @Gray Mule, last I saw FT%, Sarr was tops at over 70%. Risacher was second at around 68%, and I don’t know Clingan’s but I’m sure it was below 68%. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

1 for 4 and 8 is my dream

This is very risky but I know one of the picks for you at 4 or 8 is Edey which is likely at 8.

As you and everyone else knows by now I’m good with Edey but who do you have at #4 ?

The biggest risk in trading the #1 pick is missing out on Sarr or Clingan and then being surprised if a team does take Edey higher then his prediction which all could very well happen.

im not worried about the media, I know Edey is high on some teams big board outside of Atlanta just like there are reports about a ton of lottery teams wanting Clingan aka the shooting Rudy Gobert.

Anyways who’s the 4th pick? Edey clearly is your 8th pick in this scenario.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Are there any old schoolers in our office that drooled over Mark Eaton? If so, we are fcked!

Hell no but I was in Dallas on business when we picked Koncak.  Lol

• Sad 2