• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Draft Over: What's Next?

JayBirdHawk

Alright… here’s my take on a 2024 pipe dream offseason should the Hawks end up trading the #1 pick. In this scenario, the Hawks go into win now mode, trade out of the lottery, and build around Trae Young properly (more defense, motors/cutters, screeners, lob threats, and spacing). Should any of these positions not be addressed via draft, look to sign Malachi Flynn, Naji Marshall, or Daniel Theis.

5-TEAM TRADE:
ATL: #1, DJM, OO, Capela, Hunter, & AJG —> Herb, Suggs, Allen, #18, & #35
NOP: Ingram, Herb, Nance Jr. —> DJM, Hunter, & Capela
CLE: Garland & Allen —> Ingram, OO, & #8
ORL: Suggs & #18 —> Garland & #4
SAS: #4, #8, #35 —> Nance Jr., AJG, & #1

DRAFT:
#18: Tristan da Silva/Tyler Smith/Devin Carter
#35: Ulrich Chomche/Keshad Johnson/Ajay Mitchell

LINEUP:
Trae | Bufkin | #18/35/Flynn
Suggs | Bogi | Lundy
Herb | #18/35/Marshall | Vit
JJ | Bey | Gueye
Allen | #18/35/Theis | Fernando

Now that this is out in the universe, make it happen Resslers!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Alright… here’s my take on a 2024 pipe dream offseason should the Hawks end up trading the #1 pick. In this scenario, the Hawks go into win now mode, trade out of the lottery, and build around Trae Young properly (more defense, motors/cutters, screeners, lob threats, and spacing). Should any of these positions not be addressed via draft, look to sign Malachi Flynn, Naji Marshall, or Daniel Theis.

5-TEAM TRADE:

DRAFT:

LINEUP:
Suggs | Bogi | Lundy
JJ | Bey | Gueye

Appreciate the effort but I lost faith at the 5 teams.  That's unheard of.  Too many cooks in the kitchen for a 5-teamer to make it through.

I like your overall sentiment tho.  Moar size, moar defense, moar offensive variation.  Also like the idea of going after a Theis or Marshall.  I'd say Delon Wright would be my top choice for a guard add tho. 

7 hours ago, djjob23 said:

5-TEAM TRADE:

DRAFT:

LINEUP:
Suggs | Bogi | Lundy
JJ | Bey | Gueye

Suggs | #18 nets you Garland AND #4?

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Appreciate the effort but I lost faith at the 5 teams.  That's unheard of.  Too many cooks in the kitchen for a 5-teamer to make it through.

I like your overall sentiment tho.  Moar size, moar defense, moar offensive variation.  Also like the idea of going after a Theis or Marshall.  I'd say Delon Wright would be my top choice for a guard add tho. 

Hey… if this FO is even considering trading this franchises first #1 pick ever in the lottery… then anything’s possible! 5-team trades have happened before and my proposed one wouldn’t even be the biggest (August 2, 2005). The real question is… would any team not be happy with this trade?

giphy.gif

Would love to bring Delon Wright back, but wonder if there’d be enough minutes for him behind Trae and Suggs (he has left every team that has given him less than 20min a night). 

25 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Suggs | #18 nets you Garland AND #4?

It’s an overpay, but that’s what you have to do to get teams open to trading players not on the block. Suggs is a perfect fit in the backcourt with Trae. You could also potentially switch the #4 (move to CLE) and have #8 pick go to ORL instead.

2 hours ago, Afro said:

Daniel Theis isn't a thing anymore. I don't believe yall. He doesn't exist. 

7rnb2e.thumb.jpg.46b9b30b7d9f89f87b48c97cef46b289.jpg

Ok, ok, let's just dog Birdman outta the grave instead.  Same difference, right?

And all I'll say to you and the saucy young lady in the picture is, "cocaine is a helluva drug". 

😏

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ok, ok, let's just dog Birdman outta the grave instead.  Same difference, right?

And all I'll say to you and the saucy young lady in the picture is, "cocaine is a helluva drug". 

😏

She needs a new rip in her jeans 👖 everytime she rips folks. Like a tear 😢 tatt for an OG. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 8:03, djjob23 dijo:

5-TEAM TRADE:

DRAFT:

LINEUP:
Suggs | Bogi | Lundy
JJ | Bey | Gueye

This TRADE IS horrible for Atl, #1 DJM and OO for a buch if role players, that is really horrible 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

– via RealGM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Walter is a little surprising given how low he is going in some mocks.  Maybe an indication that he will go higher than some of the "experts project.

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Walter is a little surprising given how low he is going in some mocks.  Maybe an indication that he will go higher than some of the "experts project.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 11:46 AM, Spud2nique said:

As a Hawks fan I have no interest in any Grizz or Bulls player. Portland is a different story. I would do :

Blazers get: #1 + filler (Trent Forrest; 500k)

Hawks get : Shaedon Sharpe + #7 (6.3 mill)

If the #1 pick is slated to earn 10.5 mill and #7 would get 5.5 mill it would be about a 5 mill difference which evens out salaries but I’m not sure. @JayBirdHawk the student of the great pupil Bab the OG Fanatic of the Hawks, would you kindly chime in on this if I may? 

Again I keep hearing Spurs but the one that makes a bit more sense at least to me is the Blazers sittin at #7. If we have our guy (smokescreen or not, whether it’s CLINGAN or whomever) and they give us Shaedon Sharpe I’d consider it.

Sharpe is an above the rim threat as well as an overall good defender. Clingan is 7’3” and a rim protector. It seems to fit with Trae.

Shaedon Sharpe|#17

Position: G
Born: 05/30/03
Height: 6-6 / 1.98
Weight: 195 lbs. / 88.5 kg.
Salary: $6,313,800

SCOUTING REPORT

A prototypical wing with excellent size, length and athleticism for his position… Smooth bucket-getter who can score in a multitude of ways, off the dribble and with a variety of moves… High-level defender potential thanks to length and explosiveness and off-ball instincts… Willing to do the dirt work, too.. Will need to work on feel for the game after missing a season of action.

• Thanks 1

Getting 2 starters in Sharpe and Clingan. I might! 

Trae

Murray

Sharpe 

OO

Clingan

I don't wanna trade with the Spurs, Heat or the Lakers. I’d play with Portland though.

If I knew we were for certain drafting Risacher I would do this deal with Portland. If I knew we were taking Sarr, I’d have to think about it.