• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: What's Next? 2024-25 Season Outlook.

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't say I never gave you anything 😎

I would never 😄. When I request these I’m basically asking either you or @Diesel for the few ESPN Hawks-related Insider pieces (with Zach Lowe gone a whole lot less), you’re the ones usually posting them.    Preciate it.

The rankings look spot on to me.  I’d go a little lower on the market appeal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I would never 😄. When I request these I’m basically asking either you or @Diesel for the few ESPN Hawks-related Insider pieces (with Zach Lowe gone a whole lot less), you’re the ones usually posting them.    Preciate it.

The rankings look spot on to me.  I’d go a little lower on the market appeal.

😃 I don't do ESPN Insider....

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

😃 I don't do ESPN Insider....

Oh I must have you mixed up with someone else, apologies to whoever.  Still you post a great amount of national pieces  that I wouldn’t see otherwise.  You’re on social media where they post summaries of Insider articles so in fact you do 😆

You’re the expert, does 12th in money sound about right to you?  And does it even matter with Ressy?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Oh I must have you mixed up with someone else, apologies to whoever.  Still you post a great amount of national pieces  that I wouldn’t see otherwise.  You’re on social media where they post summaries of Insider articles so in fact you do 😆

You’re the expert, does 12th in money sound about right to you?  And does it even matter with Ressy?

12th in money? -  Maybe but unlikely.  We are 19th in money for this season.  It's about projecting salary if they assume they have extended the current players on the squad, but we know Messy Ressy will make sure he stays under the tax.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:er:

Imagine Trae saying "yeah we love running plays for Bogi and OO against sorry ass teams to build their confidence" lol... I do understand what Jaylen is saying here, but he is not tactful at all.  He's in the camp of "thinks hes a leader but is not a leader" for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Imagine Trae saying "yeah we love running plays for Bogi and OO against sorry ass teams to build their confidence" lol... I do understand what Jaylen is saying here, but he is not tactful at all.  He's in the camp of "thinks hes a leader but is not a leader" for me.

True Jaylen isn’t the most tactful.  But he isn’t exactly wrong.  Pritchard and Hauser, already high level role players, project to get considerably better with Mazzula hell-bent on making them more than serviceable defenders.  I think it was more of him giving them some shine than the Pistons shade.  A single loss to the Pistons this season though and he’s gonna look quite silly.

Edited by benhillboy

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

12th in money? -  Maybe but unlikely.  We are 19th in money for this season.  It's about projecting salary if they assume they have extended the current players on the squad, but we know Messy Ressy will make sure he stays under the tax.

So basically, hard ball with Jalen and his agent coming soon…

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

So basically, hard ball with Jalen and his agent coming soon…

Not necessarily hardball......this is how early extensions are supposed to work if it's not an automatic rookie max extension.  Get to a number that both parties can live with knowing what his market will be next year from another team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not necessarily hardball......this is how early extensions are supposed to work if it's not an automatic rookie max extension.  Get to a number that both parties can live with knowing what his market will be next year from another team.

What qualifies a player for an automatic rookie extension max and why not Jalen?  Sorry for these elementary ass questions 😆

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

What qualifies a player for an automatic rookie extension max and why not Jalen?  Sorry for these elementary ass questions 😆

Why not automatically max a guy who has massive injury red flags and one season of good play to his name?  Are we really asking this?

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Why not automatically max a guy who has massive injury red flags and one season of good play to his name?  Are we really asking this?

I wasn’t asking in terms of he “deserves” it.  From Jay’s original post I was asking about other factors like draft slot, service time, etc.  I posted his LEBRON contract value, or course I’m not a proponent of a blind max and I like Jalen a lot.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Rookies who typically start from day 1 and improve over their successive seasons. Jaylen spent most of year 1 in GL, got inconsistent minutes under Nate in year 2, Quin unleashed him for the 2nd half of year 2 when he joined. Finally got the starting gig in year 3 but was injury riddles. He has to show he can stay healthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rookies who typically start from day 1 and improve over their successive seasons. Jaylen spent most of year 1 in GL, got inconsistent minutes under Nate in year 2, Quin unleashed him for the 2nd half of year 2 when he joined. Finally got the starting gig in year 3 but was injury riddles. He has to show he can stay healthy.

Ok gotcha so it’s totally up to the team with no baseline requirements from the player.  I thought there were some players association, draft slot type stipulations and what not.

How is a player’s “market” set?

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Ok gotcha so it’s totally up to the team with no baseline requirements from the player.  I thought there were some players association, draft slot type stipulations and what not.

How is a player’s “market” set?

This is an article about this past offseason extension eligible signees from March

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10114415-contract-extension-predictions-for-2024-nba-rookie-scale-players

• Thanks 1

This is an article about this past offseason extension eligible signees from March

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10114415-contract-extension-predictions-for-2024-nba-rookie-scale-players

Good looking, that answered all my dumb questions 😆

Kuminga looks like the barometer for Jalen (didn’t know Kuminga had a stout .567 eFG).  Hawks obviously want a injury risk discount.

Edited by benhillboy