• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: What's Next? 2024-25 Season Outlook.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Hawks never get what they want but of course, KAT wanted to go to NY. Atlanta sadly just doesn't have the pull. 

Ownership and front office matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

12th in money? -  Maybe but unlikely.  We are 19th in money for this season.  It's about projecting salary if they assume they have extended the current players on the squad, but we know Messy Ressy will make sure he stays under the tax.

12th in money means the 12th lowest payroll not the 12th highest, right?  That would make sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ownership and front office matter.

That Spurs trade will forever never make sense for the Hawks and Travis tried to tell them fools. 

I just hoped we get Ayton at some point this year. Hawks want to make it work with OO but I just don't see it. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Is it too much to ask the Hawks to be a part of this deal to either add a quality player, or to off load a guy like Capela or Hunter?

image.png.58f59548496df3098e4a629d834dfb5b.png

They need a team to dump salary to not one to dump more salary on them.  But maybe I’m missing something.

• Premium Member

I think losing DiVencenzo is pretty painful for NY in this trade.  Also traded a guy whos known for being tough for a guy known for being soft.  I don't love this for either roster, but I know the Wolves had to salary shed so I've been waiting on that shoe to drop.  Knicks have a bunch of really good players on good contracts which allowed this type of deal to happen-- crazy how transformed that team is due to nepotism and cronyism over the past 2 years.  And the fact they're in NY which gave them immense leverage in the OG trade (he wanted to be in NY).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

but I know the Wolves had to salary shed so 

Having resigned Edwards and Naz last offseason, this was the expectation. Last trade deadline @Sothron said something to the effect of Minny wanting Murray but with Minny playing well they wanted to hold until the offseason.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Having resigned Edwards and Naz last offseason, this was the expectation. Last trade deadline @Sothron said something to the effect of Minny wanting Murray but with Minny playing well they wanted to hold until the offseason.

We had a chance to get KAT but Ressler won't pay the LT which killed the talks. Again. We have the sixth or seventh richest owner in the NBA and he won't pay the LT. I expect a certain #11 to be out the door at some point over this. Ressler never bought the Hawks as a long term investment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

Would you have liked to have KAT as a member of the Atlanta Hawks?  Yes, I would.

Would you be willing to pay him at his current salary?  No, I would not.

Just the belief of one old man, KAT is a star NBA player who is paid double what he's actually worth.  Glad he's now in NY and not here.  When any one player takes this much of the total payroll, this leaves so much less for everyone else, or his team is going to pay a huge penalty tax.

:ahf:

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That Spurs trade will forever never make sense for the Hawks and Travis tried to tell them fools. 

I just hoped we get Ayton at some point this year. Hawks want to make it work with OO but I just don't see it. 

The Hawks need to turn over their entire center rotation from top to bottom imo.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

The Hawks would be wise to turn over their entire center rotation from top to bottom imo.....

Hard to do that when SA controls your next 3 picks.  Doesn’t make sense to trade for anything but value at this point, imo.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Hawks never get what they want but of course, KAT wanted to go to NY. Atlanta sadly just doesn't have the pull. 

I probably wouldnt put that on "Atlanta".

If his former agent worked here, he would want to come.

As @JayBirdHawk said, front office and mgt matter. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We can't dictate anything as a FO with an owner that everyone knows won't pay the LT. 

I fully expect this to reach a head when Trae wants out eventually because Ressler won't literally pay to have a real contender around him. And who could blame a guy for leaving at that point to go to another team to possibly win a title?

The first time we see this regime manipulate the media will be when they use them to besmirch him on the way out the door. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The first time we see this regime manipulate the media will be when they use them to besmirch him on the way out the door. 

Like how the NY media suddenly made DD this awful guy that didn't want to be a Knick because he was going to lose his starting job?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

I probably wouldnt put that on "Atlanta".

If his former agent worked here, he would want to come.

As @JayBirdHawk said, front office and mgt matter. 

Has Dolan not been the most vilified owner of the past 15 years?  Is Leon Rose proven?

I think KAT sees an opportunity to play with a familiar coach with a chance to improve his defensive image for a real East contender.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Has Dolan not been the most vilified owner of the past 15 years?  Is Leon Rose proven?

I think KAT sees an opportunity to play with a familiar coach with a chance to improve his defensive image for a real East contender.

As you may have or have not noticed, Dolan has been 'in the background' when it comes to the actual basketball side of things since Leon Rose was hired. 

Leon Rose's connection as an agent has been critical to having direct ties to both OG and KAT.  Leon was KAT's agent, his son is OG's agent. Leon Rose is Jalen Brunson's godfather and he hired Jalen's dad. Do I need to say more?

It's all about connections and having people trust them. IT MATTERS!!!

It has already been reported that KAT did not request a trade and he and his team are stunned.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As you may have or have not noticed, Dolan has been 'in the background' when it comes to the actual basketball side of things since Leon Rose was hired. 

Leon Rose's connection as an agent has been critical to having direct ties to both OG and KAT.  Leon was KAT's agent, his son is OG's agent. Leon Rose is Jalen Brunson's godfather and he hired Jalen's dad. Do I need to say more?

It's all about connections and having people trust them. IT MATTERS!!!

It has already been reported that KAT did not request a trade and he and his team are stunned.

Lol, this is cap but i know KAT cares about his image 

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Do your homework on why those guys are in NY, babes.  Three letters ... CAA.