• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: What's Next? 2024-25 Season Outlook.

JayBirdHawk

Whoa @kg01 and @JayBirdHawk y’all know way more about the Knicks inner workings than you should, I’ll stand down 😄

All I know is on the floor, and the fit with KAT and Brunson isn’t ideal on either end.  And I’m sure OG is gonna hate his shot attempts.  ESPN banking on Stephen A rants after every little loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/28/2024 at 9:16 AM, JeffS17 said:

I think losing DiVencenzo is pretty painful for NY in this trade.  Also traded a guy whos known for being tough for a guy known for being soft.  I don't love this for either roster, but I know the Wolves had to salary shed so I've been waiting on that shoe to drop.  Knicks have a bunch of really good players on good contracts which allowed this type of deal to happen-- crazy how transformed that team is due to nepotism and cronyism over the past 2 years.  And the fact they're in NY which gave them immense leverage in the OG trade (he wanted to be in NY).

I agree with most of this except Divencienzo.  I actually like the kid but he’s a bum IMO 😆

Josj Hart the same, like you said they’re just tough as nails and have that crucial college experience over most one-and-dones.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Whoa @kg01 and @JayBirdHawk y’all know way more about the Knicks inner workings than you should, I’ll stand down 😄

All I know is on the floor, and the fit with KAT and Brunson isn’t ideal on either end.  And I’m sure OG is gonna hate his shot attempts.  ESPN banking on Stephen A rants after every little loss.

OG had issue with his shot attempts from his Toronto days, he'll have the same in NY. He also can't stay healthy.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I'm glad you finally recognize my superiority.  It's about time.  🤓

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OG had issue with his shot attempts from his Toronto days, he'll have the same in NY. He also can't stay healthy.

Bbbbut, da Knix is bak!!!!!!!  They got CAT!!!!!  

Sorry, my phone got stuck on a BSPN filter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hawks gon' Hawk. Ya'll know what Hawks culture is?  Talking about Hawks Culture 😅

I'm not sure that I have any real feelings about this Kat trade.  Part of me believes it's just all just for show man.  Like, maybe the NBA just decides whose time it is...like they decide what is and isn't tampering, or what is or isn't a foul, or that the NBA draft is [redacted]

YARN | Let's here it for New York, | Jay-Z Ft Alicia Keys - Empire State Of  Mind | Video clips by quotes | ec86b251 | 紗

• Like 2

Do you guys think that if JJ goes down again, we are in better shape to replace him than we were last season?

Looking at the roster, we have added size across the board, but I don't know if we have an actual backup 4 that is ready to step up in his absence.

Our options are what; Hunter, Gueye, Barlow, Roddy, Risacher, Vit, and Nance?

Nance and Hunter are the best options at the 4 but neither are natural fits at the position. We'd be too big or too small to run our normal stuff.

Vit and Risacher both have skillsets that mimic a lot of what JJ does well but they are both undersized.

Geuye, Roddy, Barlow are the most natural fits at the 4 but are fringe roster talents, and Geuye can't stay healthy.

Trae doesn't have much depth behind him either. Im a little anxious about us surviving key injuries.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Do you guys think that if JJ goes down again, we are in better shape to replace him than we were last season?

Looking at the roster, we have added size across the board, but I don't know if we have an actual backup 4 that is ready to step up in his absence.

Our options are what; Hunter, Gueye, Barlow, Roddy, Risacher, Vit, and Nance?

Nance and Hunter are the best options at the 4 but neither are natural fits at the position. We'd be too big or too small to run our normal stuff.

Vit and Risacher both have skillsets that mimic a lot of what JJ does well but they are both undersized.

Geuye, Roddy, Barlow are the most natural fits at the 4 but are fringe roster talents, and Geuye can't stay healthy.

Trae doesn't have much depth behind him either. Im a little anxious about us surviving key injuries.

I am hoping Nance can be the top guy at that spot.  He ended up getting the vast majority of his recent minutes at C but that was also because of NO's roster.  For us, he will probably be needed as much or more at PF.  The guy is 6'8'' and 31 years old with a history of playing PF so I'm reasonably optimistic he should be able to do that.

• Like 3