• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I’m thinking they will draft Risacher… I think Kyle and Landry are developing a love affair.

I also think he has superstar potential.. but what do I know

You’re entitled to your opinion. I wish I could see superstar but just can’t. I think it’s easy to say he’s going to be better than Sarr offensively overall (at least right now)…but if you can explain,  what makes him a potential superstar in your eyes? 

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

Which wings develop these skills really goes to the heart of the wing superstars versus wing role players.  Guys like Kawhi, George, Butler, etc. were not big scorers with their tools developed when they were drafted.  Their creation skills came on line a few years into their careers.  It is a really big deal to get that right in your scouting but obviously a tough call to make since they were obviously not viewed as likely to develop to the extent that they did when they were drafted (late lottery for George, outside of the lottery for Kawhi, and even late in the first for Butler).

Damn this is a very true fact however it’s also a very scary one because you don’t know what the hell you’re getting.

i do think Sarr gives some guarantees in terms of defense impact the moment he steps in the league. I suppose Risachers shooting ability can give some guarantees…I have seen him more aggressive than sarr though he’s much lighter 

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Watching this now, Sarr is a 5 with tremendous ability defensively.  Sam Vecenie is great at talent evaluation.  Sarr would fit with Jalen REALLY well.  Beyond that, he looks like the best player in this draft.

He is easily outmuscled by stronger players.....Most of his blocks are help blocks.  He'll get less of those vs NBA talent.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, thecampster said:

He is easily outmuscled by stronger players.....Most of his blocks are help blocks.  He'll get less of those vs NBA talent.

Disagree.  He's 19 years old and will most certainly get stronger.  His speed, length, agility, and instincts on defense will make him a real threat as a help defender at the NBA level.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Disagree.  He's 19 years old and will most certainly get stronger.  He's speed, length, instincts on defense will make him a real threat as a help defender at the NBA level.

Sarr will block far more shots than Edey will.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Disagree.  He's 19 years old and will most certainly get stronger.  His speed, length, agility, and instincts on defense will make him a real threat as a help defender at the NBA level.

1000%.  Saar has already beefed up 8 lbs in less than a year.  He was 216 at Perth last year, measured at 224 at the combine.  The dude will be 240-250 in 2 years and MUCH stronger.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

1000%.  Saar has already beefed up 8 lbs in less than a year.  He was 216 at Perth last year, measured at 224 at the combine.  The dude will be 240-250 in 2 years and MUCH stronger.

He'll put on some weight in the next couple of years, but he doesn't even have to get that heavy.  He can get substantially stronger without having to gain a lot of weight.  Strength and weight aren't directly correlated.  As he gets into a real strength training program with weights and high quality nutrition, he'll add lean muscle mass with strength while keeping the body fat low.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

You realize he played a backup role for Perth? All of his stats are against backup g-league level talent.

2 hours ago, AtLaS said:

And he won't move near as well because of it. You don't put on 30lbs and get better laterally.

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

And he won't move near as well because of it. You don't put on 30lbs and get better laterally.

He will ALWAYS move better than Edey.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You realize he played a backup role for Perth? All of his stats are against backup g-league level talent.

Don't see where that matters.

31 minutes ago, thecampster said:

See combine! That extra weight is already playing a role.

May be true but camp…he’s going to have to put on more weight either way. He don’t have to get Giannis muscular but he need to be strong.

i don’t think the extra weight he has now is playing too much of a heavy role on his lateral quickness but that’s just my opinion. He’s still on the smallish thin mint side to me.

37 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He will ALWAYS move better than Edey.  

Edey is going to be doing the pushing around once he gets into the league. Like him or not he’s going to be a problem for opponents.

if he gets with a Trae type we are literally talking automatic buckets 

Edited by JTB

Risacher does not look spectacular in any way to me. French Vanilla is a basic bitch. His offense is good, but I haven’t seen anything that particularly exciting. And scoring points is all I see him doing anywhere above average. 

I will be pissed if they take him at one. I was pissed we didn’t keep Luka. I like Trae, but I still wish we would’ve kept Luka. I hated we didn’t keep him then, and I will hate the Risacher pick 10x more if we take him. 

• Like 2