• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

57 wins then getting James Worthy?  Godd@mn.  Definately some fishy sh%t going down in the lottery’s early years, throw the infamous Knicks draft in there.

This was before the lottery I am pretty sure.  They got the #1 pick from another team who made a bad trade like the Pistons had #2 after making the finals.  Just relying on another team being terrible.

I do remember the Orlando Magic winning 41 games Shaq's rookie season and then getting lucky as ***** in the lottery and getting the #1 pick the next year where they passed on Chris Webber to take Penny Hardaway.  They were the only team without a losing record that missed the playoffs that year.

One thing is for certain: 10 years from now we all gonna be in our reclining chairs moving goalposts, digging into our agenda trenches, arguing, and taking victory laps about how the guys we love and hate in this draft turn out 😆

My college player intelligence is super limited, international non-existant, so I always look forward to the Jay Bilas commentary and comparisons on draft night.  Pelton’s Top 2 were mine all along: Sheppard projects as an average-defending Mark Price lite.  I have no idea of Clingan’s offensive ceiling, likely not creative or modernized, but defensively he seems to be Gobert lite.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

I always want the best combination of positional size, passing, and defensive versatility, whoever he may be. Shooting is key, obviously, but it’s fleeting by nature: the other three qualities show up every night.  

I wouldn’t call any of the top 6 Celtics pure, full variance range shooters.  Porzingis close, Tatum developed pretty close, but they’re no Hauser or Pritchard.  They got them mfers up tho.

Edited by benhillboy