• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

From the few videos I've watched. I don't see the comp.

And, no shade to Harrison Barnes by the way.  From what you've seen, do you like him over Sarr?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sarr still at #1 for me.

Hawks need to get bigger. I envision Sarr as JJ's backup year one. Start OO (we need to see if he can be a fulltime starter). 

Sign Big Val (MLE) to backup OO. Bruno 3rd string.

Trade CC and see if we can get another late pick and draft Tristan da Silva, 6'-9" SF hoping he can be our Jaime Jacquez and back up Hunter, a senior who should contribute innediately and we can plug and play.

Saw comparisons to young Gallo and Deni Avdijah from Wiz.

I agree.  Take Sarr and let him backup JJ/OO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

I agree.  Take Sarr and let him backup JJ/OO.

Has the #1 pick ever been a backup as a rookie? 

Hawks aren't good enough for that......

If he cant beat out OO/Capela at center he doesn't deserve to be the #1 pick... lol

If that's the case, just draft Risacher and let him replace Dre as the starting 3... 😀

With that said, he'll get PLENTY of min if he were to back up OO, because he might foul out every game playing starters min....... :sad:

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks aren't good enough for that......

If he cant beat out OO/Capela at center he doesn't deserve to be the #1 pick... lol

If that's the case, just draft Risacher and let him replace Dre as the starting 3... 😀

if you are trying to get an immediate starter in the draft, you are doing it wrong.  There are 96 minutes between the 4 and 5 to be covered on a game to game basis.  I have no issue with Sarr playing behind OO and JJ and even with them for a few minutes game.  I also not one of the old school fans who believe that only traditional bigs are centers.  

Edited by KB21
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, terrell said:

Anthony Edwards came of the bench for Minny in his first 17 games.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Most of the time top picks are joining teams that are tanking and want another top pick so of course the rookies start. 

But that said, there are others who didn't start as rookies like James Worthy, Mark Aguirre, Markelle Fultz, Andrei Bargnani, and Kwame Brown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, AHF said:

Most of the time top picks are joining teams that are tanking and want another top pick so of course the rookies start. 

But that said, there are others who didn't start as rookies like James Worthy, Mark Aguirre, Markelle Fultz, Andrei Bargnani, and Kwame Brown.

Worthy?  Surprising af.  A little before my time, I’m guessing Wilkes, Thompson, or Cooper was ahead of him.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Number 2?!

giphy-downsized-medium.gif.1db0cf88d2255133c67f9104252045ab.gif

Jonathan Givony said this back in April.  I think he has had Risacher at number 1 on his big board for a while.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Worthy?  Surprising af.  A little before my time, I’m guessing Wilkes, Thompson, or Cooper was ahead of him.

It was Wilkes.  He and Nixon were the starting wings.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's fine if Sarr is gonna avg 32 min a game as a rookie like Antman...

But  coming off the bench for the whole season for the #1 pick is crazy to me..

Its not like we're a top team...

I'd move JJ to the 3 and Sarr to the 4 just to start him.. lol

I want this kid to make All NBA rookie team and  rising stars etc..

Sick of watching these games with NO Hawks in sight...

When was the last time we had a player make the rookie team?

Trae?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dnice said:

^yeah, it was Trae last.  Too many injury setbacks,, no room to leap and time spent in College Park... No one had he minutes even to make 2nd team.

Yeah most of our guys couldn't even play SL because they were already in the "Hawkspital".. smdh

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sure but let’s be real…Sarr is going to start at some point. Whether it be after 10 games or 20 games…whoever we take at number 1 will be a starter. 
it’s not going to be tough for a number 1 pick to be starter on our team.

im not saying just give the #1 pick the starting position but some of you act like this is the NFL…in the later rounds at the end of the 1st in the nfl your rookie may not start but in the nba if you’re a lottery team is very likely that your rookie is starting unless he’s picked 10-14 then maybe they don’t play significant minutes.

who ever we take that person will be playing significant minutes. Sometimes the best way to grow is to get thrown in the fire. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sure but let’s be real…Sarr is going to start at some point. Whether it be after 10 games or 20 games…whoever we take at number 1 will be a starter. 
it’s not going to be tough for a number 1 pick to be starter on our team.

im not saying just give the #1 pick the starting position but some of you act like this is the NFL…in the later rounds at the end of the 1st in the nfl your rookie may not start but in the nba if you’re a lottery team is very likely that your rookie is starting unless he’s picked 10-14 then maybe they don’t play significant minutes.

who ever we take that person will be playing significant minutes. Sometimes the best way to grow is to get thrown in the fire. 

Honestly, this is the most likely scenario for this year.  I have a hard time seeing Sarr, Risacher, or anyone else we draft not getting significant minutes for most of the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1