• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

Hawks development coach and video coordinator Bryan George coached Zaccharie Risacher from 21-23 when Risacher was playing for ASVEL.  ASVEL loaned Risacher to JL Bourg this year.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

What is the list I don’t have ESPN+

Hawks - Risacher

Wizards - Sarr

Rockets - Sheppard 

Spurs - Castle

Pistons - Buzelis

Hornets - Dillingham

Blazers - Clingan

Spurs - Salaun

Grizzlies - Knecht

Jazz - Topic

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

6'10" and only 193 is pretty concerning imo.  Can we get like one guy that has some muscle and plays physical?  Right now it's just Saddiq, Hunter got muscle but he doesn't play like it.  193 lbs is crazy scrawny for a 6'10" guy.

happy dance GIF by Thoka Maer

I've dubbed them thin mints

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Hawks - Risacher

Wizards - Sarr

Rockets - Sheppard 

Spurs - Castle

Pistons - Buzelis

Hornets - Dillingham

Blazers - Clingan

Spurs - Salaun

Grizzlies - Knecht

Jazz - Topic

Is he basing that off intel?  He's had Risacher at the top of his board for a while.

• Premium Member

I'll be happy with either of them.  We should be picking at #10 and either Sarr or Risacher will be a massive improvement over the pool of players we were discussing a month ago.

I’m thinking they will draft Risacher… I think Kyle and Landry are developing a love affair.

I also think he has superstar potential.. but what do I know

Edited by theheroatl

42 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I’m thinking they will draft Risacher… I think Kyle and Landry are developing a love affair.

I also think he has superstar potential.. but what do I know

Grant Shirley had a tweet the other day about this.  He mentioned that Quin will really like the fact that Risacher plays 0.5 basketball.  That means he makes decisions quick and doesn’t hesitate.  Quin is big on advantage basketball and wants his players to be decisive and attack before the defense is set.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

I hope not and just don’t see superstar potential with his lack of creation and averaging less than 1 apg. I like him but definitely not at #1. 

Yeah, if he can't create or pass at a high level...I don't see the appeal at #1.  Not to say that he can't develop those skills.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Yeah, if he can't create or pass at a high level...I don't see the appeal at #1.  Not to say that he can't develop those skills.

Which wings develop these skills really goes to the heart of the wing superstars versus wing role players.  Guys like Kawhi, George, Butler, etc. were not big scorers with their tools developed when they were drafted.  Their creation skills came on line a few years into their careers.  It is a really big deal to get that right in your scouting but obviously a tough call to make since they were obviously not viewed as likely to develop to the extent that they did when they were drafted (late lottery for George, outside of the lottery for Kawhi, and even late in the first for Butler).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HawksNWaffles said:

Nah Fam that's weak sauce 😂 compared to what I would do 

When I saw the goofy 🤪 pics I swear I thought it was your post 😆 Buuuurd with the pump fake and got me good I went flyin by 😆 

• Haha 1