• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks gonna Hawk....

Reading this board and insider info on what the Hawks are thinking is pissing me off.  We finally have a chance to draft someone who could be generational like Sarr and are looking at all these other options.  I pray it's all just smoke.  If we actually pass on him we are going to regret so badly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have no doubts he'll get there.  The question really is he going to be a floor spacer like Brook Lopez or like Valančiūnas and how long will it take for him to get there

• Premium Member

Per Spurs fans - Why Sarr won't end up in SAS:

His camp has reportedly let it be known they want him to be the #1 option, so that's not happening with Wemby there.

Sarr's camp was miffed at Wemby responding with 'Risacher' when asked about the best French prospect in this class.

Wemby's agency and Sarr's are reportedly not on good terms so the fit is wonky on and off the court.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

His camp has reportedly let it be known they want him to be the #1 option, so that's not happening with Wemby there.

Sarr's camp was miffed at Wemby responding with 'Risacher' when asked about the best French prospect in this class.

Wemby's agency and Sarr's are reportedly not on good terms so the fit is wonky on and off the court.

If true, that's pretty interesting.  Per this vid, it seems Wemby has a different take than scouts do on Risacher as a player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If the essence of this is true and Sarr is already making demands about being a first option, I would not be surprised if we go with Risacher.  Landry has preached Hawks DNA too many times to go with a guy with an entitled attitude in a draft theres not really a clear #1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah.  I’m not buying into this random report.  I’ve heard Sarr on enough interviews to not believe that he’s telling teams he wants to be the #1 scoring option.  

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Reading this board and insider info on what the Hawks are thinking is pissing me off.  We finally have a chance to draft someone who could be generational like Sarr and are looking at all these other options.  I pray it's all just smoke.  If we actually pass on him we are going to regret so badly.

See here:  

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

See here:  

Not sure what you are trying to prove here.  Of course there are tall athletic guys who have busted before.  There are also short athletic guys who have busted, there are wings who have busted.  Nobody is immune.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

If the essence of this is true and Sarr is already making demands about being a first option, I would not be surprised if we go with Risacher.  Landry has preached Hawks DNA too many times to go with a guy with an entitled attitude in a draft theres not really a clear #1

Some of that could be his agents, not actually him. 

• Like 1

Dude is putting on a clinic defensively, he is guarding the entire floor, manning up guards/bigs full court, on PNR's and still elite helpside on D.  We have needed a guy like this forever.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Some of that could be his agents, not actually him. 

Agents are just an extension of the player and represent their wants/demands.  If his agent is going rogue and not representing him accurately, he should fire him.