• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

• Premium Member

Ht./Wt.: 6-9, 204 pounds | JL Bourg (France)

Risacher ended his season in France on a high note, playing his best basketball in front of scouts and executives from the Hawks, Wizards and Rockets last month. He is one of the best catch-and-shoot wings in the draft and has extended his game off the bounce and as a facilitator. In a series against Monaco, Risacher averaged 14.5 points and 7.3 rebounds in 30 minutes per game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-mock-draft-80-zaccharie-risacher-takes-over-no-1-spot-plus-our-latest-intel-and-projections-for-every-pick-141517144.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKKqqzSFds1ufG84P17FdXd43Qpy5gEswgdj0c92Nf5W9X4OLi0lchPZhDoj-MJ2n5KbzbvTwJVmEauDy0vCPE_lHm51lGOokmgT3vbeb39mPNDfBSaovHrLgZnmWVdLUu0K18iqq5n6pdD2vhdUXApT8ozxkF3saWMkRprtXAVD

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The "needs to work on dribbling" thing scares me. That was Marvin. Great shooting form but no handles, no creativity, and no way create space. 

He gives me vibes that he is going to be a nice rotation player who maxes out as the #3 guy on your team similar to Trey Murphy.  That is a nice piece to have.  But I don't think he will be the best player from this draft.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:...never gets old.

I wanna know the name of the Pistons GM at the time that swindled us with that fake offer to Jon, and as usual we bit. 😢 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wanna know the name of the Pistons GM at the time that swindled us with that fake offer to Jon, and as usual we bit. 😢 

Jack McCloskey.  He agreed to pay $2.5M when Koncak's agent was asking for $2M.  The Hawks then came back with a crazy long-term deal.  Can't blame Koncak.  He didn't even ask for that kind of deal.  Still a huge waste of resources for Atlanta.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Risacher is my least favorite of the top prospects.  I'll take Sarr, Clingan or Edey over him.

His potential is a 3/D guy.  And why is he so bad at FTs?  That makes me skeptical of his shooting.  He also averaged like .9 assists or something.  That is abhorrent.  Players rarely get better at playmaking.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Risacher is my least favorite of the top prospects.  I'll take Sarr, Clingan or Edey over him.

His potential is a 3/D guy.  And why is he so bad at FTs?  That makes me skeptical of his shooting.  He also averaged like .9 assists or something.  That is abhorrent.  Players rarely get better at playmaking.

He's not my least favorite, but his FT% and lack of any other balls skills besides outside shooting is a problem. How can he attack the basket if he has loose handles and is a questionable FT shooter? That pretty much caps him at being a spot up shooter. Kind of reminds me of a shorter Michael Porter Jr. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

This dude gonna be an apple 🍎 turnover machine watch.

40 minutes ago, hawkman said:

loose handles and is a questionable FT shooter?

Recipe for disaster in the NBA. He’s gonna Mario Hezonia his way right outta the league in a few years.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Ressler never learns.  Smh.

The optics of trading the #1 pick, even in this draft, would be horrible for a team that has never won the lottery before and whose last #1 overall pick decided to go play for another league instead of playing for the team. smh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hawkman said:

He's not my least favorite, but his FT% and lack of any other balls skills besides outside shooting is a problem. How can he attack the basket if he has loose handles and is a questionable FT shooter? That pretty much caps him at being a spot up shooter. Kind of reminds me of a shorter Michael Porter Jr. 

How would you compare him to someone like Klay Thompson?

A skill set that was about his shooting,off ball movement and defense, but not much else in terms of ball handling and athleticism.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's what they said about Dre coming out, and he still cant dribble or pass well...:sad:

Btw, this kid kinda looks like a young Landry Fields..

www.politico.thumb.png.c05c898c931ec44ed902e8c9ba132884.png

Of course he's gonna be the pick....😀

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Klay now? Klay before could man up D. I don’t think many prospects in this draft are as good. He’s like a glorified Vit to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A skill set that was about his shooting,off ball movement and defense, but not much else in terms of ball handling and athleticism.

Pre-injury Thompson was a scorer. He didn't struggle from the FT line at all and could take over a game even without Curry.  Watching Zach struggle to get separation against decent defense overseas and the FT% is a little concerning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great interview from Alex Sarr’s coach in Pearth: 

The basic gist I got from this interview is that Sarr is gonna be a project. Whether or not the Hawks want to invest in this remains to be determined.

• Thanks 2