• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

25 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Great interview from Alex Sarr’s coach in Pearth: 

The basic gist I got from this interview is that Sarr is gonna be a project. Whether or not the Hawks want to invest in this remains to be determined.

Loved everything I heard from this.  I'm even more bullish now.  His coach clearly believes in him and is very credible.  Playing with elite guards will help him, being able to take the ball coast to coast, finishing, coachable, full confidence in himself, potential DPOY, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AtLaS said:

Loved everything I heard from this.  I'm even more bullish now.  His coach clearly believes in him and is very credible.  Playing with elite guards will help him, being able to take the ball coast to coast, finishing, coachable, full confidence in himself, potential DPOY, etc.  

I ain't even waffling...that should be the pick.  Which means Clingan will be the pick  

IMG_9044.gif

• Sad 1

• Moderators

I'm not seeing how Sarr is more of a project than Clingan.  Clingan can block some shots but needs to work on pretty much everything else.  At least Sarr is already handling the ball and shooting in games.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Screw those guys.   We aren't handing them another #1

Draft Sarr.  

Sorry bro but there's a reason I've talked about this deal a few times in the last week and trading down.  There's a few versions of this out there. Some just picks, some not.

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Screw those guys.   We aren't handing them another #1

Draft Sarr.  

If they want #1 so bad, at least get one of those picks back from them.. smh

4,8, and a future 1st or no deal.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

if we're considering clingan at #1 how in the world will he be there at #4.   Hawks going to hawk.  

Think the trade would be conditional on Clingan being available at 4.  

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Think the trade would be conditional on Clingan being available at 4.  

That's super risky.  So then we draft the Spurs guy with the hopes that Clingan would be there.  What if he's not and we get stuck with Risacher?  Teams will know that we intend to take Clingan at 4 which means teams who like Clingan will try to trade up to #3 and we miss out on all our guys.

Don't like it.  I want Sarr #1, but if we are doing SA another favor they better throw at LEAST one of our future picks back in addition to 4 and 8, and drop the pick swap in 26.

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

if we're considering clingan at #1 how in the world will he be there at #4.   Hawks going to hawk.  

This has more to do with there being no consensus best prospect this year.  For Clingan specifically, you would expect 2 of the 3 top picks to be Sarr and Risacher.  That only leaves one other player to go ahead of him for him to be there.

As of today, if we go down this path I'll be rooting for someone to take Clingan at 3 and disrupt our trade so we keep Sarr.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who are we taking at 4 and 8 though?

What if Clingan goes before 4? lol

Does the trade only happen if he's still on the board?

We might as well take my boy Knect at 8 if we seriously believe we're in ":win now" mode... lol

I wouldn't mind Castle either for POA defense.. But I doubt 2 young players will get signifigant min on this squad

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
Just now, terrell said:

Who are we taking at 4 and 8 though?

What if Clingan goes before 4? lol

Does the trade only happen if he's still on the board?

And there's little to no chance of getting both Clingan and Risacher at 4 and 8 assuming that's what they are thinking. 

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

This has more to do with there being no consensus best prospect this year.  For Clingan specifically, you would expect 2 of the 3 top picks to be Sarr and Risacher.  That only leaves one other player to go ahead of him for him to be there.

As of today, if we go down this path I'll be rooting for someone to take Clingan at 3 and disrupt our trade so we keep Sarr.

Not sure SA wants Sarr.  They probably want Risacher.  That's worst case scenario to me.  Then we miss out on everyone else and are stuck with Risacher.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AtLaS said:

Not sure SA wants Sarr.  They probably want Risacher.  That's worst case scenario to me.  Then we miss out on everyone else and are stuck with Risacher.  

Man.  You may be right given Wemby's comments talking so glowingly about Risacher.  Yeah, I'm not psyched about that.

• Like 1

The Hawks are in control of this draft and they want Donovan Clingan? All because the guy that traded Luka(Ressler) and the guy who is obsessed with Trent freaking Forrest(QS) likes Clingan? smh

He really thinks he can create the next Rudy Gobert? Good luck with that..

Im gonna support whatever we decide to do, but maaaaan... If this shit doesn't work out........................................................

6 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I heard @thecampster mention Dalton Knecht.  

That's MY guy.. lol

But still, giving up #1 is gonna hurt if he turns into a star.. And knowing this franchise, you know its probably gonna happen.....

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 1