• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Also again at the 1:00 mark, that zip pass but the quick style recognition, bigs usually seem to delay for .01, he seems like he is very aware of the defense and how it’s scheming. This alone tells me he :

1. is great at defense himself

2. Has an extremely high BBIQ for a BIG AND a 19 year old.

3. He studies film 🎞️ 

4. Mad 😡 fast 💨 twitch muscle and brain 🧠 

• Like 1

I'm amazed that some can look at this dude's film and come to the conclusion that they wouldn't draft him because he doesn't play center in a traditional way.  

• Like 4

Rudy Gobert quietly has become a master at screens, powering the Jazz offense (sltrib.com)

Snyder pointed out screening as something he could work on during the 2016 offseason. He already was tough to fight through given his immense 7-foot-1 frame, and his base was wide enough to give perimeter defenders problems.

What Snyder wanted him to do was learn to make reads, particularly determining whether the guy he was screening was going over or under. He wanted Gobert to learn timing to limit his fouls on offense. And he wanted, at some point, for Gobert to start making a second read on his own post defender — if he could get a clear path to the basket by making a quick roll out of his screen.

As seriously as he takes his defensive responsibilities, Gobert took to learning all he could about the thankless work of screening. He led the NBA the very next season in screen assists — screens that lead directly to baskets.

Wait.  So Rudy Gobert learned to become a better screener?  After being coached on it by Quin Snyder?  Really?  But Alex Sarr is doomed to always being a "bad" screener.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sarr is the guy.  I get the reservations some have which seem to be more about timeline and readiness than anything else (i.e., his numbers don't jump off the page in a bench role in a lesser pro league at age 18) but you can't pass on this guy for someone who may have a higher floor and may be more prepared to contribute next season but is likely to end up as a JAG.

Don't screw this up, Hawks.

He's the guy for the Wizards or Blazers, but not for us. Easy pass.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Unless you’re a highly skilled player, you can’t get away with average length for your height and position.

No thanks.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Imagine picking a slightly taller version of Kevin Huerter without the passing ability #1 overall..

I'd take Buzelis, Castle, or Holland over this dude...

I think he falls out of the top 3(if we dont do anything stupid..smh)

Edited by terrell

Posted (edited)

6'9.75 with shoes with a 6'9.5 wingspan. He's nearly identical to Jalen McDaniels who my comp for him on D. Weights more and better standing reach but McDaniels is longer by a couple of inches. Risacher is .25 inches taller. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, KB21 said:

I'm amazed that some can look at this dude's film and come to the conclusion that they wouldn't draft him because he doesn't play center in a traditional way.  

Sarr is an absolute freak.  We are going to regret so bad IF we pass on him.  How could anyone possibly not see it watching his film.  He's doing all this shit at 18?

He was already shooting 30% from 3pt as an 18 year old in a pro league.  And also with passing skills?  And he's 7'1" with a 37" vert?  And that film of him guarding in space?  He's also a 71% FT shooter already.  

It's just dumb to argue any other player at this point.  I don't agree this is a weak draft at all.

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Confirms my fears about him.    Small hands are a big deal in basketball and most don't understand that.  DEFINITELY don't take him now.

195 lbs?  He was listed at 210.  This dude is a much bigger project than Sarr.  Since they are both potential guys, why wouldn't you just take the highest potential in Sarr, who's 4 inches taller, a better FT shooter, a better defender and 4 inches taller.

Hopefully the Risacher talk for #1 goes away now.  Dude ain't near ready.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Durant weighed 215 lbs at the combine.  Risacher is 20 lbs lighter than him?!!!

WTF.  Please erase this dude from our board immediately.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, terrell said:

Unless you’re a highly skilled player, you can’t get away with average length for your height and position.

No thanks.....

6'9"? how tall do you want him to be? 6'9" is outstanding height for a wing.

1 hour ago, AtLaS said:

Confirms my fears about him.    Small hands are a big deal in basketball and most don't understand that.  DEFINITELY don't take him now.

195 lbs?  He was listed at 210.  This dude is a much bigger project than Sarr.  Since they are both potential guys, why wouldn't you just take the highest potential in Sarr, who's 4 inches taller, a better FT shooter, a better defender and 4 inches taller.

Hopefully the Risacher talk for #1 goes away now.  Dude ain't near ready.

Eh, besides height and length, skill is what matters. Not saying Risacher should be our pick, but these measurables shouldn't move the needle too much either way. 

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

6'9"? how tall do you want him to be? 6'9" is outstanding height for a wing.

I believe he's talking about his wingspan when he's referring to length.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1