• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I believe he's talking about his wingspan when he's referring to length.  

9ft standing reach. I dont think length will be an issue for him. My concern is his low assists numbers. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

9ft standing reach. I dont think length will be an issue for him. My concern is his low assists numbers. 

His shooting isn't a given for me either since this season was basically his first with strong %s.  On a per minute basis, there is a lack of assists, pedestrian rebounding, doesn't get to the line, etc.  I don't think any of this damns him as a player but it does suggest a lower ceiling to me than you would want at #1 even in this draft.  He looks to me to be a solid 3&D player which is absolutely something every team wants more of on their roster but just not the ceiling I'd want.

On the shooting, here are his total FTA and FT% by year and team:

2021-22 ASVEL Euroleague - 0 FTA, N/A FT%

2021-22 ASVEL LNB Pro A - 0 FTA, N/A FT%

2022-23 ASVEL Euroleague - 5 FTA (18 games), 60% FT%

2022-23 ASVEL LNBA Pro A - 7 FTA (16 games), 57.1% FT%

2023-24 Bourg Eurocup - 41 FTA (17 games), 65.9% FT%

2023-24 Bourg LNB Pro A - 100 FTA (30 games), 74% FT%

That is not a great track record.  At least he was going to the line closer to 3 times a game this year but he has only once shot over 70% in the last 3 years.   By way of contrast, Nikola Topic this year averaged roughly 4.5 attempts per game and converted at a roughly 87% rate from the line.

Risacher's 3pt% is pretty good overall but is inconsistent across leagues:  38.9%, 29.2%, 56.1%, 35.2% (one great number, one good number, one bad number, one terrible number).  

• Like 1

I've been following the Hawk since the Hubie Brown days, 1978 or so.  Longer than most of yall probably been alive.  Let the Hawks draft Clingan and some of yall gonna get a two for one in the deal. Clingan and me not posting on this board any longer.  

They draft Clingan after trading Luka away? You could've had Luka and/or Sarr and you give us Trae and Clingan?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952kg1huvn1dixporki3ij

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Durant weighed 215 lbs at the combine.  Risacher is 20 lbs lighter than him?!!!

WTF.  Please erase this dude from our board immediately.

Durant couldn’t bench a feather 🪶 😆 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Durant couldn’t bench a feather 🪶 😆 

I'm just shocked Risacher is only 195.  Didn't expect that.  Hopefully that ends the discussion for the Hawks at #1.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

I've been following the Hawk since the Hubie Brown days, 1978 or so.  Longer than most of yall probably been alive.  Let the Hawks draft Clingan and some of yall gonna get a two for one in the deal. Clingan and me not posting on this board any longer.  

They draft Clingan after trading Luka away? You could've had Luka and/or Sarr and you give us Trae and Clingan?

Well I have followed since 72, won season tickets in 1979 and will wave bye-bye if/when you leave.

(did not join here until recently however)

Edited by mountainjim
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Someone called him a shorter Poku? 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If Clingan is considered for #1 we are doomed

Considered isn't a problem.  Actually picked there is a mistake.  He isn't the guy I want but trade down if you are taking him.

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Including a bust in the same sentence with Luka is wild. 

29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm expecting Clingan to be the pick.  I think it's a mistake long-term, but I'm expecting them to take him #1 over Sarr.  

In three years, the Hawks will be sitting there with this dinosaur big in Clingan while whichever team has Sarr will have a modern big that can defend multiple positions and space the floor.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1