• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

13 hours ago, KB21 said:

FWIW, Anton Watson wore Zach Edey’s ass out in the pick and roll.  He really highlights Edey’s inability to defend the PNR.  

Edey cooked Clingan in Nat Championship game.. Just sayin...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Edey cooked Clingan in Nat Championship game.. Just sayin...

He actually didn’t.  UConn had a gameplan to focus on stopping his teammates, and Clingan pretty much shut him down n the 2nd half.  

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Focus on stopping his teammates = guarding Edey one on one as much as possible not an actual game plan to focus on them.  Edey then scored 37 points but his mediocre to sub mediocre teammates couldn’t do anything when they weren’t left open.  Let’s not confuse that Edey ran over Clingan for huge points on great efficiency.  The fact that Castle could shut down his under talented counterpart is not a credit to Clingan so much as a reflection of UConn’s much deeper talent.

Yall, it’s 2024. We got everything on the internet lol

Judge for yourself 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

"I’ve watched quite a few UConn games the past couple of years and his finishing ability at the rim reminds me of Clint Capela"

download.jpg.768ce90f5d0257c08718af22e29873e2.jpg

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t draft Jakob Poetl or Meyers Leonard please. No Clingan! 

Agreed for me this is pretty simple when all is said and done honestly.  As they all sit right now  Sarr can do everything that both edey and clingan can do.  One of them might be a little better than Sarr at 1 or 2 things that can come with experience for Sarr.   But Sarr can do things right now and going forward that neither of them will ever be able to do with his athleticism, handles, and skill set.

You take the guy with the absolute peak upside to be a superstar at 1 and hope you can get him to reach it.  You don't settle for a guy with mediocre upside and talent that you can get in most drafts from most big men.   Sarr with his ceiling has legit superstar potential the other dudes can't reach im relying on my coaches and his work ethic to get me there.   If he doesn't reach it i can live with it because we tried for a true game changer and franchise changer that is something i can live with.  Much much easier than taking a dude expected to raise our floor but not be a franchise changing player with limited upside and then him not hitting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, AHF said:

Focus on stopping his teammates = guarding Edey one on one as much as possible not an actual game plan to focus on them.  Edey then scored 37 points but his mediocre to sub mediocre teammates couldn’t do anything when they weren’t left open.  Let’s not confuse that Edey ran over Clingan for huge points on great efficiency.  The fact that Castle could shut down his under talented counterpart is not a credit to Clingan so much as a reflection of UConn’s much deeper talent.

I've said this repeatedly.  Purdue doesn't make the NIT without Edey. You can't say that about Clingan and UConn.  Edey put both their centers in foul trouble that game.  UConn committed 18 fouls. Other than Edey, the rest of Purdue shot 5 total foul shots. It was that bad. Edey roasted Clingan and pretty much everyone else he faced the last 2 years.  Honesty matters.

On to Sarr.
Perth came in second during the regular season. You can make the argument they're still top 4 without Sarr.  Team leaders statistically, that's his impact.  He was the top scorer once. The last game of the season (17) in a loss. He was the top rebounder twice (9) in a loss, (12) in a win. 

image.thumb.png.ac26130f713aea159b471616d6ce9351.png

What follows is his +/- from the last 5 games he played at Perth. -17, -10, -1, -1, -15.
image.thumb.png.a31abc5cbc91d8ea3057075868444f45.png

Will he get better, sure.  But taking him or Risacher is playing roulette. With the 8th pick, maybe, with the top pick....OMFG no.

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I've said this repeatedly.  Purdue doesn't make the NIT without Edey. You can't say that about Clingan and UConn.  Edey put both their centers in foul trouble that game.  UConn committed 18 fouls. Other than Edey, the rest of Purdue shot 5 total foul shots. It was that bad. Edey roasted Clingan and pretty much everyone else he faced the last 2 years.  Honesty matters.

On to Sarr.
Perth came in second during the regular season. You can make the argument they're still top 4 without Sarr.  Team leaders statistically, that's his impact.  He was the top scorer once. The last game of the season (17) in a loss. He was the top rebounder twice (9) in a loss, (12) in a win. 

What follows is his +/- from the last 5 games he played at Perth. -17, -10, -1, -1, -15.

Will he get better, sure.  But taking him or Risacher is playing roulette. With the 8th pick, maybe, with the top pick....OMFG no.

I'd rather play roulette.  Give me the Hawks developmental staff and the player with the most upside.  It's still Sarr imho.  That ain't falling in love with just video, it's just that his skillset and potential is higher than Clingan/Edey.  

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, thecampster said:

On to Sarr.

No one said this shit about Wemby when he was getting the kind of minutes Sarr has gotten when he played for ASVEL and their per 36 numbers were very similar.