• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

Alright i think i have built my offseason and tried to match salaries where needed while using the exception.  I might have missed somewhere on the cap but if need be we can move a different player in a trade to make the salaries work within reason. 

I tried to go big and also pair guys with other guys who could play off their weaknesses and help them grow.

Trade 1 - Trade Murray + Capela for KAT  The salaries are both pretty close at 37 mil and 38 mil. 

Trade 2 - Sac 1st + 1 other salary match minor thing for Caruso at SG can use trade exception as well if need be if im correct on this? If not please correct me on how to fix it.

Draft we take Sarr at 1.

PG - Trae Young / Bufkin / Defensive Vet
SG - Caruso / Bogi / Bufkin
SF - JJ / Hunter
PF - Sarr/KAT/Onyeka/Gueye
C - KAT/Onyeka/Sarr

Those 4 bigs can rotate as needed to keep fresh and see who meshes well with other lineups.  Can throw JJ in there as well at the 4 if need be in some sets.

I paired Sarr a defensive anchor at the 4 with 2 tall well shooting and rebounding bigs next to him in JJ and KAT.  Onyeka and Sarr are your defensive monsters when you need a full stop

Caruso can play offball and be the defensive force you need next to trae as can Bufkin. 

You can go a all defensive lineup of

PG - Bufkin
SF - Caruso
SF - Hunter/Jalen 
PF - Sarr
C - Onyeka

and still have enough offense there to not sweat it to much.    My hope is that KAT with his shooting ability allows Sarr to come along at a ok place and learn from KAT who is a elite offensive 4 or 5.   While also possibly morphing into a generational upside ball handling point foward at 7'1 with elite defense. 

Might not be everyones cup of tea but it's how i would like to build a team that i think can be balanced, be big, and provide multiple types of lineups for every scenario while covering everyone else's strengths and weaknesses.

Any recommendations on how to make it fit better or with the cap or trades would be welcomed loved and appreciated 😄

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Alright i think i have built my offseason and tried to match salaries where needed while using the exception.  I might have missed somewhere on the cap but if need be we can move a different player in a trade to make the salaries work within reason. 

I tried to go big and also pair guys with other guys who could play off their weaknesses and help them grow.

Trade 1 - Trade Murray + Capela for KAT  The salaries are both pretty close at 37 mil and 38 mil. 

Trade 2 - Sac 1st + 1 other salary match minor thing for Caruso at SG can use trade exception as well if need be if im correct on this? If not please correct me on how to fix it.

Draft we take Sarr at 1.

PG - Trae Young / Bufkin / Defensive Vet
SG - Caruso / Bogi / Bufkin
SF - JJ / Hunter
PF - Sarr/KAT/Onyeka/Gueye
C - KAT/Onyeka/Sarr

Those 4 bigs can rotate as needed to keep fresh and see who meshes well with other lineups.  Can throw JJ in there as well at the 4 if need be in some sets.

I paired Sarr a defensive anchor at the 4 with 2 tall well shooting and rebounding bigs next to him in JJ and KAT.  Onyeka and Sarr are your defensive monsters when you need a full stop

Caruso can play offball and be the defensive force you need next to trae as can Bufkin. 

You can go a all defensive lineup of

PG - Bufkin
SF - Caruso
SF - Hunter/Jalen 
PF - Sarr
C - Onyeka

and still have enough offense there to not sweat it to much.    My hope is that KAT with his shooting ability allows Sarr to come along at a ok place and learn from KAT who is a elite offensive 4 or 5.   While also possibly morphing into a generational upside ball handling point foward at 7'1 with elite defense. 

Might not be everyones cup of tea but it's how i would like to build a team that i think can be balanced, be big, and provide multiple types of lineups for every scenario while covering everyone else's strengths and weaknesses.

Any recommendations on how to make it fit better or with the cap or trades would be welcomed loved and appreciated 😄

I like the thinking.  I'd say the problem is getting KAT without giving up a haul of picks or Jalen.   Minny doesn't need or i imagine want Capela.   But if we can figure it out you've created a good team.  

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I like the thinking.  I'd say the problem is getting KAT without giving up a haul of picks or Jalen.   Minny doesn't need or i imagine want Capela.   But if we can figure it out you've created a good team.  

Believe it or not this kat idea was from a minny fan because of his contract lol.  For some reason people believe his value will be a bit down because the price of his contract which is a possibility but i don't know how much so.  Murray has really good value on his contract.  The difference in value in the 2 who knows but im open to adding a little something else if need be if we can afford it.

Question. 

Are we not talking enough about the non-shooting wings here (Castle or Holland)? Both arguably have huge two way star potential IF they learn how to shoot and can offer something we desperately need (POA defense).

If we have any confidence our coaching staff can do anything, we have shown the ability for guys to make improvements to their shooting mechanics. I wouldn’t pick either at 1 but I think they could be in play in a trade down scenario along with a big. 

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Wait..so he's not against going to the Hawks at one?  Mine ears doeth betrayeth me!

IMG_5316.gif

There's been way too much smoke emanating from everywhere concerning the Hawks lately, including this board. Reputable media outlets have stated the Hawks have been really tight lipped about the Draft. Unfortunately, that silence left an information void that has been filled with hot takes and rumors. The Draft can't get here fast enough.

• Like 3

Something I'm really wondering about is this.  The Spurs have been all over Risacher.

I wonder how much of Atlanta's interest in Risacher is because Landry comes from the Spurs and thinks like they do as far as team building.  Or how much of it is Atlanta is trying to drum up trade interest in the pick?

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The other thing is that Hawks assistant Bryan George was an assistant coach with ASVEL when Risacher was there along with Wemby.  

The Spurs being desperate for Risacher makes a ton of sense.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Something I'm really wondering about is this.  The Spurs have been all over Risacher.

I wonder how much of Atlanta's interest in Risacher is because Landry comes from the Spurs and thinks like they do as far as team building.  Or how much of it is Atlanta is trying to drum up trade interest in the pick?

Should be interest around the league in keeping the Spurs away from him.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The fly in the ointment in any trade down scenario is Houston.  Do they trade the pick to Memphis or Portland, who would take Clingan at 3 if the order goes Risacher 1 and Sarr 2?  Or does Houston stand pat and take Reed Sheppard 3?  Because if the Hawks traded out of the #1 pick and also didn't get Clingan in the trade down, that would be a frigging disaster.

I think they just take who they want at 1 if they can't guarantee the player would be there