• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

7 hours ago, hawkman said:

He better be money at the rim if he's shooting ~50% from the FT line. It's going to be hard to keep him on the floor in tight games if he doesn't improve that percentage. Teams will foul him on purpose during crunch time.

Depending on the situation we could just put OO in the games during crunch time.

7 hours ago, hawkman said:

He better be money at the rim if he's shooting ~50% from the FT line. It's going to be hard to keep him on the floor in tight games if he doesn't improve that percentage. Teams will foul him on purpose during crunch time.

Yikes!  Sounds like another Capela at the foul line.  

🥲

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

I have to admit.  The more I watch, the more I'm becoming intrigued.  

Credit for the block at the end, but in the NBA those first (2) looks would be considered wide open.

18 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Credit for the block at the end, but in the NBA those first (2) looks would be considered wide open.

He clearly affected their decision to not shoot the ball.  He’s also not so deep in his drop that he can’t use his length there.  

Yes.  He will be tested more in the NBA.  

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He clearly affected their decision to not shoot the ball.  He’s also not so deep in his drop that he can’t use his length there.  

Yes.  He will be tested more in the NBA.  

He affected college guards who lack confidence. He is leaning towards the basket, he even jumps towards it against the first drive. His recovery to get back to balance was slow. NBA guards are going to work him if he plays defense like that. Trae did this to Wemby in his first matchup. These tall giants have long strides and when they cheat to beat a quicker guard to his spot a shifty ball handler will find open space to get a clean shot off.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Zaccharie Risacher: 'I won't be disappointed if I'm not No. 1'

i_89_2f_82_zaccharie-risacher.png?w=190
Touted for his physical gifts and shot-making, Risacher is projected to go 1st overall to the Atlanta Hawks. “I won’t be disappointed if I’m not number 1,” the 19-year-old said. “I’d be very happy if I could be, but my priority is to find a team that aims to develop me and build something serious where I can evolve.” “I honestly don’t have a preference. I want a club that wants to develop me as a player and integrate me into a team that has ambitions,” he said about his draft preference. “Having an impact on an NBA team would be the best for me. I have the ambition to learn quickly and quickly help the team win.”

via BasketNews
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Maybe it’s a smokescreen and the spurs are just playing him up because he’s connected to Wemby. Because he didn’t even play there did he?

They played together with ASVEL.  

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Zaccharie Risacher: 'I won't be disappointed if I'm not No. 1'

i_89_2f_82_zaccharie-risacher.png?w=190
Touted for his physical gifts and shot-making, Risacher is projected to go 1st overall to the Atlanta Hawks. “I won’t be disappointed if I’m not number 1,” the 19-year-old said. “I’d be very happy if I could be, but my priority is to find a team that aims to develop me and build something serious where I can evolve.” “I honestly don’t have a preference. I want a club that wants to develop me as a player and integrate me into a team that has ambitions,” he said about his draft preference. “Having an impact on an NBA team would be the best for me. I have the ambition to learn quickly and quickly help the team win.”

via BasketNews

Damn.  The Hawks will lap that type of attitude up.  

• Haha 2

So, here's what I'm thinking whether I actually agree with it or not.

• If the Hawks keep the pick, they will likely choose between Alexandre Sarr and Zaccharie Risacher.
  • Trading down is a very viable option, and they would take Donovan Clingan in a trade down.  
  • I think they like Donovan Clingan, but I'm not sure if they like him enough to take him over either Alexandre Sarr or Zaccharie Risacher.
  • Like 1