• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Every player is a reach at #1 in this draft.  I think Risacher projects to be a solid defender so he fits the 3 & D that teams covet.  The other wings at the top of this draft are probably better than him at other things, but can’t shoot at his level.  

I see Risacher as solid and nothing more. Not that he has to be not if the Hawks make the right trades. But yuck to him at one. I just don't see it or don't wanna see it.  Sarr and Clingan are objectively easy choices and one I'm less OK with than the other but he makes sense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I see Risacher as solid and nothing more. Not that he has to be not if the Hawks make the right trades. But yuck to him at one. I just don't see it or don't wanna see it.  Sarr and Clingan are objectively easy choices and one I'm less OK with than the other but he makes sense.

Honestly, I can't make a strong case for Risacher at #1.  He's just a guy that I wish was a little more athletic, a little longer, and a little better at his all-around skills.  The only thing I can say is that, in theory, he fits seamlessly alongside Okongwu and Johnson.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Now that we know he’s smaller and less athletic than we thought, I’d move Knecht over Risacher. 

Yeah I just cant see it with Risacher.. (Im still trying.. lol)

And the Spurs want to trade up to #1 for him?(not buying it)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah I just cant see it with Risacher.. (Im still trying.. lol)

And the Spurs want to trade up to #1 for him?(not buying it)

Obvious smokescreen from the Spurs.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Obvious smokescreen from the Spurs.

Yeah I think I like the other frenchman's upside (Tidjane Salaun) better tbh....

And the Spurs can get him at 8.. lol

Edited by terrell

"Sources also say Clingan not only worked out, but made an impression while doing so, fueling rumors of a potential trade down where they could target the big man and add another draft asset".

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I believe we lost more games due to lack of frontcourt size/depth highlighted by JJ, OO, and Bey’s extended absences and CC’s annual half a season conditioning ramp up.

We had a roster full of “wings”, though I agree perimeter defense was sub par. But what made it worse was lack of backline size to finish defensive possessions with contests and defensive rebounds.

We know we need to improve the SG position next to Trae. Im not certain that Richser does that. He seems more like a replacement for Hunter if anything.

Bingo!

5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Wings as I define them are players at the 2/and small3 position. The guys you listed made up our forward rotation as 4s/bigger3’s. And due to injuries as you mentioned, they almost strictly had to cover at the 4 spot the entire season while other, smaller players like the Matthews played the 3.

Your point about their impact I 100% agree with. We lacked playable size and depth at forward and moreso PF to be specific.

Bingo! Bingo!!

It's hard to see Atlanta not doing the SA trade but Houston has to be more reasonable and I believe they will be around draft time. At the end of the day, an asset is an asset. 

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's hard to see Atlanta not doing the SA trade but Houston has to be more reasonable and I believe they will be around draft time. At the end of the day, an asset is an asset. 

Are you able to share details of the potential SA trade ?

if not completely understand 

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Tell that to the people who turned our last extra draft asset into cam reddish lol

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, deester11 said:

If the goal is to just get a solid player, I’d rather just take Clingan. At least he offers some positional value as the most pro ready player and fits a team need.

While it wouldn’t be a sexy pick. In an uncertain draft with a lot of bust potential coming out with a player who fits the teams timeline to competing isn’t the worst outcome. Drafting a player who can’t compete and adds little value otherwise, is.