• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

“Clingan the most interesting name to track right now. Some think he's at least in the convo for Hawks, Wizards but not sure anyone buys it.”

There’s still hope for Sarr 🙏

Again, what is the point to misdirection with Clingan?  I’m just not sure many teams are going to be jumping for him after watching Minnesota / Dallas (and Gobert is better than Clingan’s best reasonable projection).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Again, what is the point to misdirection with Clingan?  I’m just not sure many teams are going to be jumping for him after watching Minnesota / Dallas (and Gobert is better than Clingan’s best reasonable projection).

Unless hawks intel still says wizards #1 is Clingan. Force Washington to trade to #1 to secure their guy. Hawks still get Sarr at #2. 

wizards could be doing same thing with their rumblings around Sarr trying to convince the world they’d love to get Sarr to hope hawks draft Clingan. 

Or neither. Wizards get their guy by staying out and we get Clingan at 1 🤮 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Unless hawks intel still says wizards #1 is Clingan. Force Washington to trade to #1 to secure their guy. Hawks still get Sarr at #2. 

wizards could be doing same thing with their rumblings around Sarr trying to convince the world they’d love to get Sarr to hope hawks draft Clingan. 

So you play poker ♣️ I see :applause:

4 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Gross. Ewww 

IMB_20190908024452_1Vdp.gif

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

Only thing I can think of is they want to make it seem like a three horse race with Sarr, Risacher, and Clingan.  Any team wanting one of those guys will have to trade up to get them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Here is what is confusing me about all the Clingan buzz.  If you are the Hawks and like Clingan, you should be creating buzz on Sarr and/or Risacher.  The worst case scenario is the Shellhead scenario where everyone knows you want Donovan and so no one will trade up for Sarr or Risacher.  (I’m not comparing Williams as a bust to Clingan - I’m pointing out the negative of showing your hand).  The other thing is that there is no point to signaling that you like Clingan if you don’t unless you think someone is going to trade up to take him #1 but that seems like a rea long shot.

Because why would you devalue Sarr/Risacher and any haul you would get?  As I've stated over and over, not drafting Sarr is malpractice in my opinion but if you care gonna do it, this ain't the way.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 6/17/2024 at 12:57 AM, givemesome1ce1 said:

Im not turned down by a big who does modern big things. I think some people are projecting Sarr to be way better offensively than what he is right now. Plus if it turns out he is better as a PF than as a center, than the whole roster construction of the hawks changes completely. You want Sarr to come off the bench for Jalen for years and or Jalen to run his knees and ankles out at the three? Sarr is not Wemby where he is a generational talent on defense and plays better as a center.

You can argue that Clingan could be a better fit for the team because we need a floor raiser for the defense and despite how much crap Capela gets, the Capela archetype has always been incredibly useful for this team. 

Clingan is Koncak.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So you are telling me the Hawks have determined the Clingan is the pick although they have not completed workouts with the top prospects???? Why not complete the due diligence process? Something smells :thinking:

Sarr is the pic.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

first mock draft I’m aware of that has Clingan at 1…could be a giant smoke screen or another wave of momentum for Clingan 

The Hawks’ defense has always been bad since they drafted Trae Young. Last season, Atlanta finished No. 27 in defensive efficiency. Rim protection was a distinct weakness, with the Hawks finished No. 26 in blocks per game. Clingan is the draft’s best shot-blocker, and arguably its most impactful overall defender. 

Finally someone gets it...

• Sad 1

If they take Clingan, which it looks like they will, I’m fine with that.  However, you better hope that Alex Sarr doesn’t hit in his swing skills (perimeter shooting, movement passing, off the dribble game on offense).  Because if he does, taking Clingan over him will be questioned in perpetuity.  

In three years, the Hawks will be wanting a big who is in the Alex Sarr archetype of bigs who can give them a versatile defender that will allow them to do more than just drop.  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

When's the last time 1 and 2 swapped?   It doesn't make any sense.  How does that conversation go?

As soon as you tell them you're willing to trade to 2 so they can take Sarr then they realize that you don't really want Sarr anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When I told ya'll his reps wanted him in Washington, Sarr Stanley's of Hawks nation was like you are lying Supes. Liar. Lmao

Ya'll can clown me for wanting Edey with the 1st pick and it won't happen but Sarr wasn't happening either. 

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

When's the last time 1 and 2 swapped?   It doesn't make any sense.  How does that conversation go?

As soon as you tell them you're willing to trade to 2 so they can take Sarr then they realize that you don't really want Sarr anyway. 

Ya but you’re willing to do it for spite. Like take my intrusive basketball thoughts into consideration here and indulge me if you will. Last night I was thinking LeQueen has been a thorn on our assets all his career. Why not get the intel of where he’s being drafted and at what pick to the Suns and Lakers and trade for a pick just above that and draft the Queen’s son. As Burd always says, don’t let a player not wanting to come to your team stop 🛑 you from drafting them.

Lebron then cries to the union about why. Union says, Hawks did nothing immoral or break any rules.

We send the kid to our G league where Ressler can make money off of him while we hold him hostage in our farm system for as long as possible. Just in time for no reunion for him and his dad.

Hey, Father’s Day was Sunday, it’s ova now.

Morning intrusive Spud 🥔 💭 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sarr Stanley's of Hawks nation was like you are lying Supes. Liar. Lmao

Again you said 277 things about each franchise and all the prospects they wanted. It’s like saying I’m going to Baskin Robbins and probably getting a flavor but it would be any of 30/31. Comon guy.

Plus, ain’t happened yet. 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I told ya'll his reps wanted him in Washington, Sarr Stanley's of Hawks nation was like you are lying Supes. Liar. Lmao

Ya'll can clown me for wanting Edey with the 1st pick and it won't happen but Sarr wasn't happening either. 

This report also says that we haven't worked him out and unless my memory is failing you confirmed he had worked out for us so I'd say something needs to be taken with a grain of salt in all of this.  (Which is not me voicing any confidence that the Hawks will actually draft Sarr.)

I am hoping that Risacher being connected with us is about driving up his trade value because his limited history of plus shooting, his lack of playmaking and passing last season, and his measurables scare me.  Obviously if we draft him I'll be rooting for him to exceed my projection and become a star.

• Like 3