Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll can clown me for wanting Edey with the 1st pick ... 

Thanks but I didn't need your permission..

Also, didn't yall tell us Sarr had already secretly worked out for Atlanta?  

• Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

When's the last time 1 and 2 swapped?   It doesn't make any sense.  How does that conversation go?

As soon as you tell them you're willing to trade to 2 so they can take Sarr then they realize that you don't really want Sarr anyway. 

"We want and will take Sarr. But 2+another asset is worth more to us, so if you want him for yourself......"

It's not that crazy lol. It's just like any other "player" trade. They like DJM(and if Landry wasnt such a dolt) and they could argue they want to keep him, unless a deal is there that is a better use of the asset. Same thing for Sarr/#1. 

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

When's the last time 1 and 2 swapped?   It doesn't make any sense.  How does that conversation go?

As soon as you tell them you're willing to trade to 2 so they can take Sarr then they realize that you don't really want Sarr anyway. 

There are more than two teams in the league.  All of the other teams could make a better offer than Washington to move up.  If Washington wants to ensure none of the other teams outbid them for #1, they trade up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

It's like a game of chicken between two 8 year olds probably. 

Here's how you do it.  While Bill Duffy is steering him away from Atlanta and wants Washington, you get him to tell the Wizards that the Hawks are prepared to draft him.  Why would he do that?  If he can help facilitate the trade, it would help his client go #1 instead of #2 to their preferred destination.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

When I told ya'll his reps wanted him in Washington, Sarr Stanley's of Hawks nation was like you are lying Supes. Liar. Lmao

Ya'll can clown me for wanting Edey with the 1st pick and it won't happen but Sarr wasn't happening either. 

Y'all nsiders need to get your stories straight then.

I think it was @Mikey who said he had already worked out and was due a 2nd one.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Ya'll can clown me for wanting Edey with the 1st pick and it won't happen but Sarr wasn't happening either. 

You understand there is still a chance that Sarr goes #1, whereas it is ZERO such possibility for Edey though right.

• Thanks 1

When I told ya'll his reps wanted him in Washington, Sarr Stanley's of Hawks nation was like you are lying Supes. Liar. Lmao

If I’m Sarr, I want to play with Trae after seeing how much money he helped Collins make.  Washington is a mess.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Y'all nsiders need to get your stories straight then.

I think it was @Mikey who said he had already worked out and was due a 2nd one.

I definitely did not say he was due for a second and I told you all he wants Washington well before anybody 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You understand there is still a chance that Sarr goes #1, whereas it is ZERO such possibility for Edey though right.

You don't know that. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

If I’m Sarr, I want to play with Trae after seeing how much money he helped Collins make.  Washington is a mess.  

Washington won't be a mess if they draft Sarr.  We are about to blow this so badly. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I definitely did not say he was due for a second and I told you all he wants Washington well before anybody 

Did you say he was in for a workout already?

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You don't know that. 

You're right, I don't KNOW that Sarr will go #1. I do know that there is ZERO possibility that Edey goes #1

• Like 3

I quoted it, in what looks like a different thread. June 7th I told you all before anyone knew that he wants Washington. None of these insiders on this forum or the ones nationally had any clue what was going on but I told you all and it was met with comments saying I was pushing an agenda or that who cares what his agent wants. June freaking 7th 

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I remember you being early on the Zards thing.  But someone definitely said he'd worked out for Atlanta secretly already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Washington won't be a mess if they draft Sarr.  We are about to blow this so badly. 

I disagree here.  Fit matters.  Sarr goes to WAS and he'll become Skal Labissiere 2.0. 

WAS has been a decades-long mess with rare blips on the radar.  Quiet as it's kept, they're the Kangs of the East. 

• Like 1

NBA Central: The Atlanta Hawks have been unable to bring in Alex Starr for a workout, and Donovan Clingan is a real candidate to go No. 1, per @DraftExpress “The Hawks have been unable to bring Alex Sarr in for a workout to this point, but the door remains open for that to potentially pic.twitter.com/dtGhPCxYF7

Edited by thecampster
  • Haha 2