• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

8 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Another reason to love Trae Young. He has always wanted to be here from the beginning and has delivered. Let him walk away and we will wallow in unentertaining mediocrity indefinitely. 

THATS the problem.  Do you want the "Ice Trae" entertainment

or do you want a championship.  Folks on this board know my opinion on the deal.

be446f3f3977b31eb6eeb44c131878b1.jpg

or

0-season-KATLH-1958.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:

Pfft super simple fix here throw Jalen at the 3 and roll with both of them  JJ and the 3 Saar at the 4 and Onyeka at the 5.   3 very tall, long and strong defenders that can handle the ball a good bit and be lob threats around trae is no issue at all imo.   Jalen honestly plays alot like a 3 imo anyways.   He has alot of lebrons type of skill set and lebron was at his best as a 3.   Not saying he will be lebron ofcourse but his do everything skill set and athleticism molds very well to a SF position at his size and height.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Threezus said:

Pfft super simple fix here throw Jalen at the 3 and roll with both of them  JJ and the 3 Saar at the 4 and Onyeka at the 5.   3 very tall, long and strong defenders that can handle the ball a good bit and be lob threats around trae is no issue at all imo.   Jalen honestly plays alot like a 3 imo anyways.   He has alot of lebrons type of skill set and lebron was at his best as a 3.   Not saying he will be lebron ofcourse but his do everything skill set and athleticism molds very well to a SF position at his size and height.

Nah Jalen shoots like 3 wide open 3’s a game. There is no spacing that lineup. Jalen’s never played the 3 

• Like 1

• Moderators

A JJ, Sarr, OO frontcourt is really exciting but it is a 12 mpg lineup at most to start next season, imo.  It is one that gets more or less run depending on matchups and especially how Sarr is playing.

• Like 4

Just now, AHF said:

A JJ, Sarr, OO frontcourt is really exciting but it is a 12 mpg lineup at most to start next season, imo.  It is one that gets more or less run depending on matchups and especially how Sarr is playing.

12 minutes together and maybe 12ish minutes when JJ or OO/cap/random C are off seems easily doable. 

But, that ship seems to be sailing off past the horizon. 

2 hours ago, ShayD said:

If the Magic can win games with Franz(28% from 3) at the 3 and Paolo(33% from 3) at the 4 then hawks can with with JJ at 3 and Sarr at the 4. Imagine if the Magic had Trae as their PG, they would easily get past the first round

A few facts:

Hawks lost all 3 games Trae played in versus the Cavs by an average of 17 points.

Hawks won the one he missed by 11.

The Magic outscored the Cavs through the 7 game series.

The Magic philosophy is built on size and defense.

Jalen Suggs has a higher TS% in the playoffs than Trae.

And a little conjecture:

Magic would’ve even entertain a player like Trae.

Edited by benhillboy

14 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

A few facts:

Hawks lost all 3 games Trae played in versus the Cavs by an average of 17 points.

And a little conjecture:

They absolutely would, especially if Suggs is his backcourt mate. Sugg is not a PG, I have no idea why they are being compared to each other

How many SGs has Trae played with that have been able to complement him on defense and not require much usage? The only one I can think of is Delon and he was a really good fit with Trae and it's criminal the FO didn't both to bring him back.

Edited by ShayD
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, aali34 said:

I'm hoping Sarr not liking ATL is coming from his agent and not him. Turns me off if so.

Clingan sounds like a someone who wants to win and these reports sound like Sarr wants to be a star. Reminds me of Reddish, Ayton, and Bagley, their egos blinded them in seeing what kind of player they actually were and its gonna cost them(Ayton not as much). 

I'm growing on Clingan as a prospect, surprised at nimble he moves despite not being quick. Looks like a watered down mix of Sabonis and Gobert.

To summarize: Sarr aint got Hawks DNA.  Clingan got Hawks DNA

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, ShayD said:

They absolutely would, especially if Suggs is his backcourt mate. Sugg is not a PG, I have no idea why they are being compared to each other

How many SGs has Trae played with that have been able to complement him on defense and not require much usage? The only one I can think of is Delon and he was a really good fit with Trae and it's criminal the FO didn't both to bring him back.

Bring back Wright and Huerter… Rum and coke… do it.  

• Like 1

Well if it's true thar Sarr does not want to be here then screw him. I wanted him #1 but not if he is going to be a d*ck about it.

Clingan it is then.

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Tatum didn’t want to go to Boston.  Who cares what the teenager wants?

He didn’t? Where did he wanna go, Philly?

29 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Well if it's true thar Sarr does not want to be here then screw him. I wanted him #1 but not if he is going to be a d*ck about it.

I still haven’t seen any proof of him not wanting to be here. It’s all talk. 🗣️ 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Suns

Steph Curry didn’t want him to go the GSW.

Oh man I just remembered who my prospects were in that draft. A pair of Jackson’s.. no not Tito and Mike but rather Josh and Justin. 🤮 

image.gif.8c30fbbd90505f6aa414b36bfdeb1892.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

A few facts:

And a little conjecture:

LOL!   Yeah.  No one wants one of the three elite shot creators in the NBA.  

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh man I just remembered who my prospects were in that draft. A pair of Jackson’s.. no not Tito and Mike but rather Josh and Justin. 🤮 

image.gif.8c30fbbd90505f6aa414b36bfdeb1892.gif

I thought that was Marlon lol?

• Haha 1