• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

58 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Well if it's true thar Sarr does not want to be here then screw him. I wanted him #1 but not if he is going to be a d*ck about it.

Clingan it is then.

Mobley also didn't want to go to the Cavs but they took him anyways and tried to make it work with him at 4

• Like 1

It’s easy to say “just take Sarr anyway”, but if he’s not going to go along with the developmental plan the Hawks will have for him, it’s better to just move on.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It’s easy to say “just take Sarr anyway”, but if he’s not going to go along with the developmental plan the Hawks will have for him, it’s better to just move on.  

But we also don't know that he won't go along with it once he's in the building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But we also don't know that he won't go along with it once he's in the building.

If his agent isn’t allowing the Hawks to have access to him to be able to determine that, you would essentially be drafting him blindly.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That’s not how it works

its in the best interest for that player to do good on their rookie contract or they risk their entire career.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly. He has every incentive to accept any team that drafts him.

washington is the source for trying to get him to drop.. why does Washington want him so bad.. makes you think

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If his agent isn’t allowing the Hawks to have access to him to be able to determine that, you would essentially be drafting him blindly.  

Blind? Really? In this day and age?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

History shows us players in the nba accept their teams and just play.

look at Donovan Mitchell.. went to probably his least desired location but played extremely well.

dont fall for the trap set by large market media

Heck, even if he comes in and still doesn’t want to be here long term after a season, it would still be in his best interest to play along so he could be moved. Hali didn’t want to go to a team with an established lead guard like Sacramento but played nicely for 18 months until the Kings traded him for a good return. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

He didn’t? Where did he wanna go, Philly?

I still haven’t seen any proof of him not wanting to be here. It’s all talk. 🗣️ 

If we end up not working him out in person Id say that gives credence to the rumors. Its looking like we are not going to work him out.

Edited by swanlee

19 minutes ago, swanlee said:

If we end up not working him out in person Id say that gives credence to the rumors. Its looking like we are not going to work him out.

Not really. Players have not worked out with teams and teams still pick them anyways.

• Thanks 1

I can't see any player actively trying to lose out on 10s of millions of dollars by not trying hard to reach the 2nd contract escalators or w/e they're called lol. 

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've said it before, I will say it again: they won't let a prospect dictate to them if they will draft them or not. They had OO higher than Haliburton back in that draft for those curious.

Sounded great until the 2nd part

200w.gif.a9fdac02dcebb5366bef8624a3f286c9.gif

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I'm just shocked that you of all people are caving in to this Gen Z behavior. Can you get back to your curmudgeon ways? 

FWIW, I haven't bought in to the rumors of him not wanting us to pick him anyway (not saying they're not true). I'll believe it when I see it. I don't have to believe media reports put out by people with an agenda. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ShayD said:

If the Magic can win games with Franz(28% from 3) at the 3 and Paolo(33% from 3) at the 4 then hawks can with with JJ at 3 and Sarr at the 4. Imagine if the Magic had Trae as their PG, they would easily get past the first round

Magic had the lowest ranked offense in the playoffs…. they were good because of their defense and it’s not all about %’s….volume is a big reason too. Especially in Quin’s system where he wants a high volume of 3’s.  

Edited by GThawks3