• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think should go 1st overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I believe that every one of the top picks in this year's draft are going to be good NBA players. 

This just isn't a reasonable expectation for any draft, imo.  Drafts are always a mix of players including some taken high in the first round who just are flops and not just flops relative to their draft position.  The best back to back drafts in NBA history were 1984 and 1985.  In those, you had Sam Bowie (I'll accept an argument that he was a good player but couldn't overcome injuries), Melvin Turpin, Lancaster Gordon, Leon Wood, Joe Kleine, Keith Lee, Kenny Green, and Alfrederick Holmes among the top 14 picks (today's lottery).  While I can see an argument that teams should have optimism that their picks will end up as good players, I think a realistic view would say that among the top players in any draft class there are going to be some duds.  

Good news is that I don't think Risacher will be one of them.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm happy with our pick and I like ZR, and I've come a long way since draft night.  I just hope ZR ends up better than Sarr.  But Sarr has by far the highest potential in this draft but he isn't polished yet.  The dude could be a top 5 player if he puts it all together.  You just cant teach 7'1", 40" vertical with shooting potential.

• Like 4

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

I'm happy with our pick and I like ZR, and I've come a long way since draft night.  I just hope ZR ends up better than Sarr.  But Sarr has by far the highest potential in this draft but he isn't polished yet.  The dude could be a top 5 player if he puts it all together.  You just cant teach 7'1", 40" vertical with shooting potential.

I think ZR is going to be a great pick for us.  6'10" Kyle Korvers don't grow on trees either.  

I think Sarr is going to be what everyone dreamed Bagley was.  I'm pretty high on him too. 

• Like 3