• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter's Place

Dragitoff

Hawks need a replacement for 0017 and/or Capela.  M. Gueye might replace one of them.  Keep Bruno for #3 and trade both for a starting 5.  Draft Sarr for a replacement for Hunter.  

Trading 0017, Capela, Hunter and Murray means we expect Kobe Bufkin to step up big time.  

If the Hawks get their starting center when they trade all these players, the question becomes, what other players do we expect in return?  Also, who would we have as our starting center?   Perhaps we get some future 1st and 2nd round picks in some of our deals.

:smug:

• Confused 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks need a replacement for 0017 and/or Capela. 

I'm not certain either gets moved but I think OO only gets moved in a big trade.  He is under team control for years on a solid contract.  Capela being in the last year of his deal is less of a cornerstone for the future.

M. Gueye might replace one of them. 

I think Gueye is a forward and will not play a single minute at center.

Draft Sarr for a replacement for Hunter.  

While Sarr could play some minutes at SF depending on who he would be guarding, I don't think the will primarily play that position as a rookie and definitely don't see him there long-term.  Hunter is the only guy currently on the roster who can defend big wings.  I don't think that will be Sarr's role.

Trading 0017, Capela, Hunter and Murray means we expect Kobe Bufkin to step up big time.  

Trading DJM and not getting a SG back in return means we expect Kobe to step up big time.  If we flip him (or anyone else) for a 2 and have Bogi still on the roster, I think that signals a limited role for Kobe.

If the Hawks get their starting center when they trade all these players, the question becomes, what other players do we expect in return?  Also, who would we have as our starting center?   Perhaps we get some future 1st and 2nd round picks in some of our deals.

Those are big questions.  I will say I am extremely skeptical all those guys get moved.  I am really only counting on the front office moving DJM or Trae while recognizing very few people from the current roster are "off limits" if another team comes calling.  It just seems most offers we get are terrible trades where the GM is trying to rip the Hawks off which tends to lead to inaction.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not certain either gets moved but I think OO only gets moved in a big trade.  He is under team control for years on a solid contract.  Capela being in the last year of his deal is less of a cornerstone for the future.

I think Gueye is a forward and will not play a single minute at center.

While Sarr could play some minutes at SF depending on who he would be guarding, I don't think the will primarily play that position as a rookie and definitely don't see him there long-term.  Hunter is the only guy currently on the roster who can defend big wings.  I don't think that will be Sarr's role.

Trading DJM and not getting a SG back in return means we expect Kobe to step up big time.  If we flip him (or anyone else) for a 2 and have Bogi still on the roster, I think that signals a limited role for Kobe.

Those are big questions.  I will say I am extremely skeptical all those guys get moved.  I am really only counting on the front office moving DJM or Trae while recognizing very few people from the current roster are "off limits" if another team comes calling.  It just seems most offers we get are terrible trades where the GM is trying to rip the Hawks off which tends to lead to inaction.

I think it's possible we get an upgrade at SF, start Bogi with Kobe/Hunter off the bench.  

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think it's possible we get an upgrade at SF, start Bogi with Kobe/Hunter off the bench.  

I could definitely see that happening.  I'm just saying that there are scenarios where we trade all those players that show we expect Kobe to step up and others that don't.  Kobe is either a SG or a combo guard.  If we aren't trading Trae, he will have limited minutes at PG at best (if any).  If we trade for a starting SG and keep Bogi, that indicates a season in a limited role for Kobe.  

If we trade DJM and get back a frontcourt player, then I expect Kobe would be the first off the bench to replace Bogi.  (One possible framework would be for someone who would start over Hunter.)

• Moderators
On 5/23/2024 at 3:57 PM, AHF said:

I could definitely see that happening.  I'm just saying that there are scenarios where we trade all those players that show we expect Kobe to step up and others that don't.  Kobe is either a SG or a combo guard.  If we aren't trading Trae, he will have limited minutes at PG at best (if any).  If we trade for a starting SG and keep Bogi, that indicates a season in a limited role for Kobe.  

If we trade DJM and get back a frontcourt player, then I expect Kobe would be the first off the bench to replace Bogi.  (One possible framework would be for someone who would start over Hunter.)

As Supes said, Kobe is a strange pick when you have Trae as your centerpiece.  But also it's hard for me to imagine Kobe going from CP straight to starter for a team trying win now.   I hope he can do it but if he can he probably would have been a really valuable player last year off the bench. 

Future pieces?  Falcons have a new QB.  Draft a QB.  Hawks have two guards.  Draft a guard.

Kobe was thought to be a good fit and have the proper amount of talent for the job.  Last season he spent a lot of time being out, injured, or with the Skyhawks.  He's had just enough NBA experience to be an exciting possibility.  I remember him being mentioned several times when other teams were wanting to trade with the Hawks.  "Just throw in Bufkin and we have a deal."  Didn't ever happen but I got the idea that he could be a valuable piece.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

They say the Pistons, Cavs and Pacers have interest in Hunter. What can we get?

Would we take Okoro back in a S&T for Hunter?  I think Hunter's offensive game is better than Okoro but if Okoro can guard quicker guards better than Hunter, it's a conversation to be had in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Would we take Okoro back in a S&T for Hunter?  I think Hunter's offensive game is better than Okoro but if Okoro can guard quicker guards better than Hunter, it's a conversation to be had in my opinion. 

Do you think Okoro would be cheaper?  If so, I might be up for this.

1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

I'd think so, but with today's NBA, who knows?  They're handing out silly contracts left and right. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

Okoro's qualifying offer for next is $11.8 million. How much is he looking for? 

Thought I saw a blurb about 4yr/$80 mil. but can't find it.

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Okoro's qualifying offer for next is $11.8 million. How much is he looking for? 

Thought I saw a blurb about 4yr/$80 mil. but can't find it.

No clue what he's expecting or what is a reasonable salary. The question was asked who we'd be interested in if they want Hunter.  They've got limited assets unless it's part of a larger deal.  I don't see the Hawks interested in Caris Levert or some of their other role players.  I think they want to keep Strus to help with shooting they need.  Okoro was the only real possibility that came to mind.  He's a guy that plays defense and can shoot a little bit, but doesn't need to score to impact the game.  We need a lot of those guys. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/14/2024 at 2:11 PM, AHF said:

Hunter is much more valuable than Wiggins.  I think Hunter would return some value if trades even if it would be disappointing.  I think GS would have to attach a valuable pick to Wiggins to get anyone to bite.

Wiggins has been catastrophic since he missed time due to his personal issues last year

• Moderators
9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If it’s true we want Risacher then Hunter is likely gone.

Most likely but we could sure use some depth at the wing.  Holding Hunter no matter who we draft wouldn't be the worst thing, imo.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Most likely but we could sure use some depth at the wing.  Holding Hunter no matter who we draft wouldn't be the worst thing, imo.

If we moved Hunter to someone like Detroit who can essentially absorb his contract, the best we could hope in return might be someone like Quentin Grimes and some future draft consideration (highly protected 1st).  I like Grimes but unless we fill the rest of the roster with capable wing defenders, that doesn't move the needle for me.