• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you think is the safest pick in this draft?

JTB

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, one of the big characteristics that is being sold on Risacher is that he's a 6'10" supersized wing.  What if he's actually a 6'7" or 6'8" average sized wing?  Does losing 2 to 3 inches in expected height have an effect on your view of him as a prospect?

As a follow up to this, if he is closer to 6'8" than 6'10", then his advantage in height would be more apparent as a wing-guard instead of a pure wing, but I do wonder if he has the creation ability to truly be a guard.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

As a follow up to this, if he is closer to 6'8" than 6'10", then his advantage in height would be more apparent as a wing-guard instead of a pure wing, but I do wonder if he has the creation ability to truly be a guard.  

I'm not completely sold on his creation ability from anywhere on the wing even with reasonable development. 

As far as an absolute floor, I'd also shooting also isn't 100% certain as he doesn't have a long track record of plus shooting (basically this season is that track record).  There is just an unusually large amount of uncertainty with all these top prospects this year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not completely sold on his creation ability from anywhere on the wing even with reasonable development. 

As far as an absolute floor, I'd also shooting also isn't 100% certain as he doesn't have a long track record of plus shooting (basically this season is that track record).  There is just an unusually large amount of uncertainty with all these top prospects this year.

If he hits, I can really see a Trey Murphy type of player who is a 2/3 in the NBA (played more 3/4 at UVA).  Oddly enough, Trey Murphy and Evan Mobley, who I compare Sarr to, are two of my favorite guys in the NBA.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If he hits, I can really see a Trey Murphy type of player who is a 2/3 in the NBA (played more 3/4 at UVA).  Oddly enough, Trey Murphy and Evan Mobley, who I compare Sarr to, are two of my favorite guys in the NBA.

I see Murphy as a strong outcome for him as well.  I expect Sarr to operate more frequently from farther away from the basket than Mobley does, fwiw.  I'm also anticipating that Sarr won't hit the ground as quickly as Mobley did.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, one of the big characteristics that is being sold on Risacher is that he's a 6'10" supersized wing.  What if he's actually a 6'7" or 6'8" average sized wing?  Does losing 2 to 3 inches in expected height have an effect on your view of him as a prospect?

It should.

• Like 2

I don't understand the reed Sheppard hype. Bad on defense and no handles. He can shoot but is way too undersized to be a shooting guard.

Are you hoping for a Grayson Allen? He is not a franchise point guard

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I don't understand the reed Sheppard hype. Bad on defense and no handles. He can shoot but is way too undersized to be a shooting guard.

Bad on defense is overstating it and he doesn't have PG handles but isn't a "no handles" guy either.  He has great anticipation and should generate a good number of turnovers on defense but lacks the size and quickness to be a standout defender.  Sticky hands.  

I think the ideal role for him is the smallest guard on the court next to a wing who can be the primary offensive engine for the team.  So he would be great in the Kyrie Irving role in Dallas (obviously not comparing Irving and him) or next to a Michael Jordan or LeBron or Kobe, etc.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JTB said:

Just curious who everyone believes is the safest pick in the draft. Not necessarily going to be a star player but safest pick in terms of solid starter, there’s no chance this individual fails at the nba level as long as he’s healthy. What you have seen in college and nba combine will be the same if not better in the nba no matter where he lands.

I actually have 2 in no particular order…Reed & Clingan…no matter where those two land they will have a solid nba career guaranteed in my opinion. They are the safest picks in this draft in my opinion.

i believe every other player in this draft including Sarr, Edey, Risacher, etc has a higher chance at failing to be a normal rotation player depending on where they end up. These remaining players aren’t weak, they just lean heavily on the “fit” type so it really matters what team they end up on in my opinion, whether or not they hit their full potential.

who’s your pick(s) ?

Reed and Knecht — simply because shooting is a skill that translates.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I kept thinking of Troy Murphy when I read this and thought, “There is no way Troy is defending the perimeter.”

54 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I hate to automatically comp a white player to another because i hate being 'that guy'.  But all the descriptions of him make me think he's Donte Divincenzo.

Useful player but I saw a dude I respect here suggest blowing the team up and taking this guy would be good for our future.

Uh, no. (Bugs Bunny gif) 

• Like 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hate to automatically comp a white player to another because i hate being 'that guy'.  But all the descriptions of him make me think he's Donte Divincenzo.

Useful player but I saw a dude I respect here suggest blowing the team up and taking this guy would be good for our future.

Uh, no. (Bugs Bunny gif) 

The best thing for his projectability early in his career is that he was historically good on catch and shoot opportunities in college.  That is a skillset that should translate very nicely to a role on an even moderately well run NBA team.  I expect Sheppard's 3pt% will be much higher than Donte's early seasons.

• Like 1

From what I’ve seen I have 3 candidates for “safest pick” which I guess means a 10-12 year career or more these days. Fitting on an NBA roster and being too good not to fit.

1. Ron Holland- To keep it short and sweet he’s a baller. I mean, he has the skill set the mind set and has a swag and game about him like he belongs. Current draft slot in mocks : 7-12th pick.

2. Rob Dillingham- See above ⬆️. Ok it’s tougher with a smaller stature dude and it’s a risk to go with somebody so lightweight at 160 (wet after getting out of @kg01 lil sac grotto he’s got goin on). Reminds one of another fav guard prospect of mine also from the Wildcats that didn’t make it but loved his game, Tyler Ulis, difference is Dillingham can shoot the ball, lights out. He belongs in the league and he’s to skilled as far as quickness, BBIQ and everything else. Current draft slot in mocks: 6-12th pick.

3. Tidjane Salaun- I’m going international here, dude has a solid body that’s could turn into a big strong frame, he’s skilled, he’s mobile and an inside outside big which is obviously needed. He makes the right reads and cuts hard to the basket for a big. The thing I don’t quite know on him too much is his off the court attitude, on the court though this dude a tough customer. Current draft in mocks: 10-20th pick. Another hunch: He ends up with Pop and the Spurs and plays next to Wemby. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Bad on defense and no handles.

From what I’ve seen this isn’t the case to me. I think he is going to be at least an adequate defender simply because of his 🏀 instincts. He was born with the game. As we’ve seen sons of x ballers seem to do well in the league. His handles to me seemed ok as well. 

He has one of the prettiest releases and from what I’ve seen from the prospects to me the best shooter in the draft, him or the Knecht kid. I’d go with Shepp. 

I see more shades of Stockton mated with Horny in him than I do Jimmer and Manny (Emmanuel Mudiay) sittin in a tree 🌲 😗 K-I-S-S-I…. Digress :batman:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, terrell said:

Dalton Knect

I'm with Terrell on this one.  I think of all the players in this draft, he has the narrowest floor/ceiling.  He's a Bogi/Korver clone.  He's not the best offensive player in the draft, but he's good and he translates to the NBA. He's not a great defensive player, he's almost good (not quite).  He won't get a ton better on the defensive end but he's playable.  Offensive end, same. he's going to score, going to shoot the 3. Will he be MJ, no...but he's going to be a solid NBA starter sooner rather than later.  

Some of the guys in this draft will use their entire Rookie contract before you'll know if he'll break through. This guy can be a rotation guy year 1.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm with Terrell on this one.  I think of all the players in this draft, he has the narrowest floor/ceiling.  He's a Bogi/Korver clone.  He's not the best offensive player in the draft, but he's good and he translates to the NBA. He's not a great defensive player, he's almost good (not quite).  He won't get a ton better on the defensive end but he's playable.  Offensive end, same. he's going to score, going to shoot the 3. Will he be MJ, no...but he's going to be a solid NBA starter sooner rather than later.  

Some of the guys in this draft will use their entire Rookie contract before you'll know if he'll break through. This guy can be a rotation guy year 1.

Bogi with more athleticism.........

No way he busts at the next level imo

Shooting is always a need.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Too many people agreeing with me lately...

im-not-used-to-that-caroline-manning.gif.d51893e175084449960d1ce325e2521c.gif

images.jpg.9e638fa29a42a8da4e1e05b906284327.jpg

😀

I disagree with you, terr'l.

Better? 

Eta. He could definitely bust if he's taken lotto.  He may not get demonstrably better so you've just spent a lotto chip on Luke Kennard, Jr. 

Eta. Or a rich man's Justin Holliday ... since I don't wanna be 'that guy'.. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

The Frenchmen have come up.. the first two picks will be French then probably another in Salaun going top 12. 

I really enjoy scouting then I get a rise out of the French announcers getting excited! It’s like the Spanish soccer ⚽️ channels and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

I think I’ve heard the name “Risacher” too mucho. :huh: Pardon my French.

I love the international flavor we got brewin here in the NBA, cept for Luka he’s kind of a turd. My bad.