• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you think is the safest pick in this draft?

JTB

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eta. Or a rich man's Justin Holliday ... since I don't wanna be 'that guy'.. 

hey why do you think I went Mudiay instead of Scottie Skiles.. :jesus: to appease the masses! :applause:

HEAR THEY HEAR THEY..

I don’t wanna anyone comparing Stockton to Isiah anymore mmmkkkaaayyy okay! 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Players who have been selected that high at 22 years or older have not, for the most part, gone on to productive NBA careers. There have been 30 players who have been at least 22 on the day of the draft selected over the last 15 years. Of those, roughly three have become reliable starter-level players (Buddy Hield, Cam Johnson and Kelly Olynyk). Taurean Prince has consistently been a rotation player over his career. Corey Kispert, Obi Toppin and Jaime Jaquez Jr. seem to be on their way to getting there. The rest is a mixed bag.
– via New York Times
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'm with Terrell on this one.  I think of all the players in this draft, he has the narrowest floor/ceiling.  He's a Bogi/Korver clone.  He's not the best offensive player in the draft, but he's good and he translates to the NBA. He's not a great defensive player, he's almost good (not quite).  He won't get a ton better on the defensive end but he's playable.  Offensive end, same. he's going to score, going to shoot the 3. Will he be MJ, no...but he's going to be a solid NBA starter sooner rather than later.  

Some of the guys in this draft will use their entire Rookie contract before you'll know if he'll break through. This guy can be a rotation guy year 1.

Dan Marle

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Players who have been selected that high at 22 years or older have not, for the most part, gone on to productive NBA careers. There have been 30 players who have been at least 22 on the day of the draft selected over the last 15 years. Of those, roughly three have become reliable starter-level players (Buddy Hield, Cam Johnson and Kelly Olynyk). Taurean Prince has consistently been a rotation player over his career. Corey Kispert, Obi Toppin and Jaime Jaquez Jr. seem to be on their way to getting there. The rest is a mixed bag.
– via New York Times

Very interesting.

• Premium Member

These are the guys I like in this draft and also the players I think who are pretty safe bets to be solid contributors:

Sarr - I think his floor is a solid help defender, that can switch on the perimeter, and isn't a complete liability on offense (~15ppg).
Sheppard - The stats just scream rotational sniper that must be accounted for
Clingan - A lot of people are seeing him as a super safe pick and I agree.

I want to really like Knecht, but his speed concerns me.  Not on offense, but will it be a liability on defense that keeps him off the floor?  Dunno.  If not for that, he's probably my 2nd favorite guy out of all the lottery prospects. Honestly, if we had two picks in the top 10...I'd most likely burn one on him.  If we didn't have the #1 overall, he's the guy I'd be trying to move up or down for.

I think all of these guys will be serviceable from day one.  Sarr, I don't know how much of an immediate offensive impact he's going to have (or be allowed to have if we draft him), but I'm confident he'll pull his own weight on the defensive end off the bench.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Sheppard

If we didn’t have Trae, this is a dude I’d take at 3-5 range. Shooters will always be needed and he plays with a high BBIQ.

• Like 2

Sarr.  Because of his age, 19, he hasn't even "arrived" yet as a player.  Remember, the taller players usually take longer to develop than you're 6' guards.  

:smug:

• Like 2

On 6/1/2024 at 10:23 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Reposting - Saw this somewhere:

You don’t become a champion by playing it safe.

I wonder if this is the philosophy the Thunder uses because they get their draft picks right every single time!

that damn Presti is a genius.

No one is safe if drafted way too high in this class. Zach Edey or Dalton Knecht are the best players and they are the most safe but draft them at 1 and they become a risk too