• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Hawks Don't Trade, Who Should Atlanta Take At #1?

AHF

If the Hawks Don't Trade, Who Should Atlanta Take At #1  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your #1 pick as of 6/7/2024?

• Alexandre Sarr
    • Zaccharie Risacher
    • Donovan Clingan
    • Stephon Castle
    • Reed Sheppard
    • Tidjane Salaune
    • Matas Buzelis
    • Ron Holland
    • Nikola Topic
    • Zach Edey

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/2024 at 01:03 AM

I voted Sarr, because he absolutely should be the pick, no question. 
However, every day it seems more and more likely the Hawks would select someone else if they keep it. 
I wonder if/when we’ll hear about the Hawks working Sarr out. Surely they will, right? RIGHT?!

• Like 2

• Moderators

This poll is going to be up for a limited time, fyi.  I think it end Monday evening.  Results will remain but voting will stop.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Sarr, but I have a lot of concerns about him developing into a real starting caliber player let alone a star.

Players with insane physical talent and a really high work ethic rarely bust.  It's generally lack of work ethic that causes the bust, and there is no reason to think Sarr isn't a hard worker.  By all accounts he loves basketball and is a gym rat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I thought we had a few Risacher and Clingan guys on the board.  Where you guys at?

I really like Clingan and think he is going to help someone next season. If I thought the Hawks were in position to make noise in the post season next year he would be my pick. 

Too much uncertainty now though with the Hawks roster but hopefully a Murray trade clears that up. 

Edey but I know at this time, it's not happening so Donovan Clingan will likely be the pick and I am fine with it. Risacher is the favorite for now but then again, I think we are trading the pick 

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Edey but I know at this time, it's not happening so Donovan Clingan will likely be the pick and I am fine with it. Risacher is the favorite for now but then again, I think we are trading the pick 

If the Hawks trade #1 for two lower picks, hopefully one of them will be Edey.

:smug:

• Premium Member
On 6/8/2024 at 5:21 AM, AHF said:

This poll is going to be up for a limited time, fyi.  I think it end Monday evening.  Results will remain but voting will stop.

Still missing some regulars who have not voted like: 

@TheNorthCydeRises @Sothron @kg01 @terrell @RedDawg#8 @HawksNWaffles @Mikey @Hawkmoor @benhillboy @deester11 @JTB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Still missing some regulars who have not voted like: 

@TheNorthCydeRises @Sothron @kg01 @terrell @RedDawg#8 @HawksNWaffles @Mikey @Hawkmoor @benhillboy

Can you see your username after you vote?  I voted Sarr but don't see my username.

Just now, Sothron said:

If we keep the pick I want Sarr. I think the FO is guilty of overthinking this. I'm not letting current roster guys keep me from taking who I think the best player will be if he hits and that's Sarr.

According to Supes in the "insider" thread, its Trae Young leading the charge for Clingan.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

According to Supes in the "insider" thread, its Trae Young leading the charge for Clingan.

That isn’t what has been said with particular focus on saying “leading the charge” as if he is the loudest voice in the room.  Might be worth also noting that the only prospect he has publicly supported is Knecht.

I would say that it is more accurate to say that it has been stated that Snyder is leading the charge for Clingan.

• Thanks 1

I think Sarr is the top prospect if we select #1, but I totally understand evaluating this draft as weak and trading for more picks and moving down.  

Clingan at #1 is a different scenario from targeting him lower in the draft and gaining another pick to use in a trade for Herb Jones.  That’s my favorite realistic scenario I’ve heard so far.  

Just now, AHF said:

That isn’t what has been said with particular focus on saying “leading the charge” as if he is the loudest voice in the room.  Might be worth also noting that the only prospect he has publicly supported is Knecht.

Just repeating what Supe said.  It will all come out when the Hawks draft whoever they draft.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Can you see your username after you vote?  I voted Sarr but don't see my username.

Click on the icon next to the number