• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If the Hawks Don't Trade, Who Should Atlanta Take At #1?

AHF

If the Hawks Don't Trade, Who Should Atlanta Take At #1  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your #1 pick as of 6/7/2024?

• Alexandre Sarr
    • Zaccharie Risacher
    • Donovan Clingan
    • Stephon Castle
    • Reed Sheppard
    • Tidjane Salaune
    • Matas Buzelis
    • Ron Holland
    • Nikola Topic
    • Zach Edey

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/2024 at 01:03 AM

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Just repeating what Supe said.  It will all come out when the Hawks draft whoever they draft.

I don’t think you’ve conveyed the same thing that Supes has given how he has discussed Snyder loving Clingan, etc.  Anyone leading the charge on making the decision on our pick needs to be in the room and I haven’t heard boo about Trae being at workouts or discussing boards with anyone.  Again, his biggest support has been for Knecht.

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Still missing some regulars who have not voted like: 

@TheNorthCydeRises @Sothron @kg01 @terrell @RedDawg#8 @HawksNWaffles @Mikey @Hawkmoor @benhillboy

As I said in the outsiders thread, I'm abstaining due to no Bronny option.  It's a slap in the face to what my sources have been telling me. 

Long story long, Lebro-lanta... :alien:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Just repeating what Supe said.  It will all come out when the Hawks draft whoever they draft.

Supes didn't say that though, he said:

Trae has been a lean from what I've heard for Clingan.

49 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don’t think you’ve conveyed the same thing that Supes has given how he has discussed Snyder loving Clingan, etc.  Anyone leading the charge on making the decision on our pick needs to be in the room and I haven’t heard boo about Trae being at workouts or discussing boards with anyone.  Again, his biggest support has been for Knecht.

This also was Supes quote:

"Trae has been a lean from what I've heard for Clingan. He wants a younger center who can set great screens, run the PnR, and make the game easier for him on both ends. Not just him making the game easier for them. "

I didn't even mention the part about "make the game easier for him on both ends.  Not just him making the game easier for them."

What I don't get out of this whole scenario (based on what I quoted from Supes) is Trae has ran the offense his way for the entire time he has been in the NBA by running the pick and roll.  Its got the Hawks nowhere.  It doesn't matter if its Trae's fault, coaching fault, players fault.  The Hawks need to dump pick and roll and try something else.

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Trae isn’t involved at all in the draft decisions.  They aren’t consulting him to see who he likes.  

Will they take into account fit alongside Trae?   Absolutely, but they aren’t drafting Jakobe Walter just because Trae likes him.  

It's odd that certain people are trying to disparage Trae despite the fact that literally every organization in history has taken into account what players think when they make every personnel decision.

This is not a Trae-specific phenomenon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's odd that certain people are trying to disparage Trae despite the fact that literally every organization in history has taken into account what players think when they make every personnel decision.

This is not a Trae-specific phenomenon. 

Its odd that I'm quoting Supes, then its ME getting disparaged for repeating what Supes said.  I guess Trae had zero parts in a GM and two head coaches getting fired when its known around the league that "superstar" players have that power.  It ain't just Trae.  The moment Adrian Griffin of the Milwaukee Bucks said something Giannis didn't like, Doc Rivers of all people became the next head coach of the Bucks.

doc.jpg

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Still missing some regulars who have not voted like: 

@TheNorthCydeRises @Sothron @kg01 @terrell @RedDawg#8 @HawksNWaffles @Mikey @Hawkmoor @benhillboy

I'm scared to put my name on any of the top guys tbh.. 😀

My favorite prospect is Devin Carter......Im a big fan of Kel'el Ware too

But if I HAVE to choose for US right now at #1, I gotta bet on Sarr's upside....

Its just too many other variables Im not sure about yet, when it comes to this roster....LIke who's gonna be here, and who isn't??

If we were still at #10, Im taking Carter or Ware.. 

My 2 fav prospects...lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its odd that I'm quoting Supes, then its ME getting disparaged for repeating what Supes said.  I guess Trae had zero parts in a GM and two head coaches getting fired when its known around the league that "superstar" players have that power.  It ain't just Trae.  The moment Adrian Griffin of the Milwaukee Bucks said something Giannis didn't like, Doc Rivers of all people became the next head coach of the Bucks.

doc.jpg

Trae didn’t get Nate fired.  Nate got Nate fired.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

As I said in the outsiders thread, I'm abstaining due to no Bronny option.  It's a slap in the face to what my sources have been telling me. 

Long story long, Lebro-lanta... :alien:

Say it with me...

Screenshot_20240609_195017_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Whatever. Trae's name was mentioned.

Unfortunately Quin and Ressler have also been mentioned as Clingan fans. 
I am feeling if all three like him, then that’s who the pick will be regardless of who Landry/Korver think is the best player. 

Really, really, really 🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞that Sarr absolutely kills his workouts so hard that they come away knowing there is no doubt they should pick anyone else. Sarr really should start practicing his Pickle game and hit the other courts with Trae and JJ. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Unfortunately Quin and Ressler have also been mentioned as Clingan fans. 
I am feeling if all three like him, then that’s who the pick will be regardless of who Landry/Korver think is the best player. 

Really, really, really 🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞that Sarr absolutely kills his workouts so hard that they come away knowing there is no doubt they should pick anyone else. Sarr really should start practicing his Pickle game and hit the other courts with Trae and JJ. 

Landry should have the final say.  That is his job.  Listening to the others is fine but the coach is too focused on winning now, players have a spotty record at best, Ressler is just a fan.  Fields has all the scouts reporting into him and is charged with the full evaluation as well as the place of the pick in the larger scheme of roster management.  Fire the GM if you don’t trust them but let them do their job as long as they are in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

How?

He’s not a good coach.  He went back to his coaching style and things went off the rail.  He’s not a great X’s and O’s coach.  He’s terrible at player development.