• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To my Hawks Outsiders ...

kg01

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Wanna hear something funny?  Pelican'ts think the Bridges deal ups the value of Ingram.

Ha! 

Bridges value comes from:

* his ability to play strong both ways

* his ability to play the 2 and the 3

* him being under team control on a contract cheaper than Hunter’s

He is worth significantly more than DJM and DJM is worth significantly more than an expiring Ingram.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Bridges value comes from:

* his ability to play strong both ways

* his ability to play the 2 and the 3

* him being under team control on a contract cheaper than Hunter’s

He is worth significantly more than DJM and DJM is worth significantly more than an expiring Ingram.

I‘m glad he’s going back to being a defense-first role player, where he’s elite.  As a mid 1st option for a dumpster fire franchise his metrics fell off a cliff and was quickly becoming irrelevant.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I‘m glad he’s going back to being a defense-first role player, where he’s elite.  As a mid 1st option for a dumpster fire franchise his metrics fell off a cliff and was quickly becoming irrelevant.

Yeah, last year was a disaster for him.  He was being asked to do wayyy too much on offense it through everything off in a bad way.  Going back to being more of an opportunistic scorer rather than a first option and focusing on being an impact defender is the ideal.  He was so good at that in Phoenix.

• Like 3

On 6/23/2024 at 11:59 AM, kg01 said:

Greetings from 2025 where the Hawks took Rissacher and never looked back on the chaos that ensued after their pick.

By the end of the draft, uh .. Rissacher was already addressing the assembled crowd at the Farm.

He spoke completely in French prompting a few among the crowd to look at their neighbor and say, "Is he from Canadia?".. 

Kg-stradamus!

:alien:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going rogue.  I'm issuing a code white on Rick Kamla.  I'm whiting his name out of my brain.  I'm never speaking his name again.

First 2 minutes of the show today is him on about how the Hawks lost the draft, Buffy 'told us who to draft',, etc.  Just under-informed, hot-takey ignorance.

I seen enough!

Jilted former Atlanta media guy taking revenge.  He's ded to me! 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Where's @Spud2nique?  I know he's pissed about the pick but I think it's actually the best we could do if we weren't going with Sarr.    And hopefully it's just a small step in the offseason.  

I think we could have obviously done better had we leveraged our position for a trade down with Washington.  When you signal a week from the draft that Sarr isn't happening you lose your leverage there.  I'm sure Fields made a call but the damage was already done and Fields didn't want to risk it even though I think it is clear that Washington was fully committed to Sarr.  I'm sure they told us they would just take Risacher but that is as believable as us telling them we were going to take him.  Neither of us believed the other at all because we didn't set it up.  If SA had the first pick, they would have been planting all kinds of stories about how they were going to draft Sarr and would have absolutely made Washington pay to get their man.

I'm more pissed about our process than Risacher at this point.  We can't afford to leave money on the table like that.  Use RFA to your advantage.  Leverage your position.  Make the most of your opportunities.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So we thinkin Bronni to the Hawks? 

Gets Toni all the attention, none of the burden of paying the real Lebron. 

Rich Paul would have Trae on the Lakers for a bunch of 2nds within 24 hours. 

ETA: Err, Rich Paul isnt Traes agent anymore. Find some other punishment lol

Edited by Afro
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So he goes.  He needs development and the team will still hold his rights.

Indy has picks 49 and 50 - they should pull the trigger.

Plus if the dream is for LeBron to play with Bronny, there is a clock ticking on that dream.  He doesn't have that long to make it a reality before LeBron will be retired.  Spend a couple of years in Australia and you may never get that chance.  Not sure LeBron would be ok with that just to stick it to the team that drafted him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wonder if we can get the Fontecchio(sp?) guy from DET now that they've gone all-in on non-shooting, athletic wings up there?

Fontecc could be a better version of Vit, maybe?

Vit is PG/SG....Simone is SF.  I wanted him before he went to Detroit.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 9:20 AM, macdaddy said:

i don't know about the deal for Bridges but it is funny, in a sad way, to look at who the Knicks have been able to acquire since we bounced them from the playoffs compared to who the Hawks have gotten.  

Hawks will never get any free agents to sign..only way we get is thru trade or drafting..get it done this week or Trae will be walking soon..either way he is probably gone

• Like 2