• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

To my Hawks Outsiders ...

kg01

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sengun went from being a 'nice story' to overrated pretty fast for me.  He aiight.  Rich man's CodyZellerrelleZydoC.. 

If the Hawks had a C who just turned 22 coming off a 21/9/5 season due to make $5.4M he’d be my avatar.

Arguably nothing more valuable than rookies ridiculously outplaying their contract, something I’m sure Jalen will continue to do until his time comes.  I do think Udoka wants to see a little more defensively outta Sengun before they throw a max at him tho.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

If the Hawks had a C who just turned 22 coming off a 21/9/5 season due to make $5.4M he’d be my avatar.

Arguably nothing more valuable than rookies ridiculously outplaying their contract, something I’m sure Jalen will continue to do until his time comes.  I do think Udoka wants to see a little more defensively outta Sengun before they throw a max at him tho.

It's interesting the defense thing is an afterthought on some but a negating factor on others.  Jussayin.  People shld keep that same energy is all I'm saying. 

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's interesting the defense thing is an afterthought on some but a negating factor on others.  Jussayin.  People shld keep that same energy is all I'm saying. 

I totally agree.  Who are “people”?

33 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I totally agree.  Who are “people”?

Believe it or not, that wasn't me coyly trying to shade you.  I do think people, in general, have selective outrage when they assess players.  W.r.t. defense, I wish people would be more fair (for lack of a better word).

Of course I'm mainly referring to Trae.  If his poor defense negates whatever else he brings to the table, for many, it shld be the same for others.

But what we see is, using Sengun as an example, people gloss over it and don't rate him down at all despite being a poor defender at a position where that (poor D) actually hurts the team.

I just wish people kept that same energy.

Again, to be clear, not a shot at you.  We got plenty of time for those later. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

https://basketnews.com/news-210744-aleksa-avramovic-will-not-join-nba.html#:~:text=Aleksa Avramovic%2C who drew interest,in the NBA next season.&text=Despite reported interest from the,continue his career in Europe.

Looks like Avramovic will not be coming over.

Some may say this is yet another spot where Laundry failed to close.  But the reality is the fact that the guy had a buyout probably made this a long shot from the start. 

Credit to, probationary Outsider, @ATLHawks3 for being first on the update. 😉 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

https://basketnews.com/news-210744-aleksa-avramovic-will-not-join-nba.html#:~:text=Aleksa Avramovic%2C who drew interest,in the NBA next season.&text=Despite reported interest from the,continue his career in Europe.

Looks like Avramovic will not be coming over.

Some may say this is yet another spot where Laundry failed to close.  But the reality is the fact that the guy had a buyout probably made this a long shot from the start. 

Absent cutting Garrison to free up money to competitively bid for Avramovic, Fields had no real leverage here.  All he could do was make the offer and see if Avramovic took it.  No reason to blast Fields for failing to tighten the screws and nobody can know what kind of sales pitch he made so no real way to criticize him for not selling Aleksa on the Hawks.  As someone who has been vocally critical of some of what Fields has done (or not done), I'm not worked up in the least about this.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

Absent cutting Garrison to free up money to competitively bid for Avramovic, Fields had no real leverage here.  All he could do was make the offer and see if Avramovic took it.  No reason to blast Fields for failing to tighten the screws and nobody can know what kind of sales pitch he made so no real way to criticize him for not selling Aleksa on the Hawks.  As someone who has been vocally critical of some of what Fields has done (or not done), I'm not worked up in the least about this.

In my world, I can acknowledge the facts of the situation made this unlikely but I still allow myself room to drag Laundry.

why-dont-we-have-both-both-celebrate-hap

• Haha 3

• Moderators

I've got enough material to work with and frankly I'd rather Landry was knocking everything out of the park so I had no complaints.  I'll stick with what legit bothers me and leave this kind of failure to the side since I don't think it is a failure that reflects poorly on him in any significant way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

In my world, I can acknowledge the facts of the situation made this unlikely but I still allow myself room to drag Laundry.

why-dont-we-have-both-both-celebrate-hap

Look everybody loves your new ability for gifs and all but some gifs have certain posters attached to them. Like this for example, it’s Burd. It’s been Burd since 87 and she’s never looked back. She was saying why not both to Korver, Deshawn Steven’s son and Crawfish 🦞. Heck she said why not all 3 fa dat!

We won’t ding you for this but if you ever use 

image.gif.8b3fb5a716633836d7bf3bb959a48adb.gif

we got issues.. :indifferent:

©️ 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Look everybody loves your new ability for gifs and all but some gifs have certain posters attached to them. Like this for example, it’s Burd. It’s been Burd since 87 and she’s never looked back. She was saying why not both to Korver, Deshawn Steven’s son and Crawfish 🦞. Heck she said why not all 3 fa dat!

©️ 

Can I just pay you a usage fee?

• Haha 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

©️ 

Will that be allowed on the Squawk?

star-trek-picard-no.gif

Some things just belong to some posters.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, benhillboy said:

You are close.  Our center, who fits this description is only 21.  He has a two-way contract.  He's 6'10" with two years of experience with the Spurs, who released him because they have that young all-star center and don't need him.  I expect him to play his self off of the Skyhawks and move on up to the Hawks.  Some of our present centers will have to move to make room.  Watch their games to decide which one.

🥰  Dominic Barton

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Believe it or not, that wasn't me coyly trying to shade you.  I do think people, in general, have selective outrage when they assess players.  W.r.t. defense, I wish people would be more fair (for lack of a better word).

Of course I'm mainly referring to Trae.  If his poor defense negates whatever else he brings to the table, for many, it shld be the same for others.

But what we see is, using Sengun as an example, people gloss over it and don't rate him down at all despite being a poor defender at a position where that (poor D) actually hurts the team.

I just wish people kept that same energy.

Again, to be clear, not a shot at you.  We got plenty of time for those later. 

Oh I didn’t take that as a shot.  You regularly like my complimentary posts on Trae, no one is highlighting his defensive play-makes of effort and quickness more than me and North in game threads.  We can agree to disagree how important PG defense is tho.  

I’ll always think Trae is fatal to any team defense and on a painfully similar Damian Lilliard career arc (without the 50 win seasons). Just an opinion, I won’t be able to “prove” it with a phone book full of data, same as those who say he isn’t won’t.  But many of the league’s worst defenders have some size, athleticism, and length at their disposal to aid team defense, unfortunately Trae can’t mitigate those limitations over long stretches.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

You are close.  Our center, who fits this description is only 21.  He has a two-way contract.  He's 6'10" with two years of experience with the Spurs, who released him because they have that young all-star center and don't need him.  I expect him to play his self off of the Skyhawks and move on up to the Hawks.  Some of our present centers will have to move to make room.  Watch their games to decide which one.

🥰  Dominic Barton

Not sure he quite fits the description of someone coming off a 21 / 9 / 5 season.  But I like the optimism.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Oh I didn’t take that as a shot.  You regularly like my complimentary posts on Trae, no one is highlighting his defensive play-makes of effort and quickness more than me and North in game threads.  We can agree to disagree how important PG defense is tho.  

I’ll always think Trae is fatal to any team defense and on a painfully similar Damian Lilliard career arc (without the 50 win seasons). Just an opinion, I won’t be able to “prove” it with a phone book full of data, same as those who say he isn’t won’t.  But many of the league’s worst defenders have some size, athleticism, and length at their disposal to aid team defense, unfortunately Trae can’t mitigate those limitations over long stretches.

All fair.  The bolded is salient for me but for a different reason.  To me, if someone has these at their disposal but are still poor defensively, that's a red flag to me.  Much more than Trae's defensive flaws. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Not sure he quite fits the description of someone coming off a 21 / 9 / 5 season.  But I like the optimism.

He fits the description closer than any other center we have.  The size is correct.  The age is close.  The salary is right.  So, some of the other stuff may be a little off.  I think this may be the steal of the summer for Atlanta.  Keep one eye on this player.

:smug:

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

He fits the description closer than any other center we have.  The size is correct.  The age is close.  The salary is right.  So, some of the other stuff may be a little off.  I think this may be the steal of the summer for Atlanta.  Keep one eye on this player.

:smug:

He fits the worst by far in terms of actual production.  Plenty of time for him to prove he can get there for his career but his career highs right now are 4.4 points and 3.6 rebounds. 

His per36 career highs are 12.3 points and 9.7 rebounds.

He isn't there yet.

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

He fits the worst by far in terms of actual production.  Plenty of time for him to prove he can get there for his career but his career highs right now are 4.4 points and 3.6 rebounds. 

His per36 career highs are 12.3 points and 9.7 rebounds.

He isn't there yet.

But he's only 21 and he's gaining on it!

😍