• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

To my Hawks Outsiders ...

kg01

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

TBD

There is film, over on REALGM, where he scored 21 points and grabbed 19 rebounds against Dallas.  He may be a complete flop.  The old man goofed again.  So, what.  He's only a two-way contract.  But, if this signing takes off, Wow!  Something to watch for.

:smug:

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

There is film, over on REALGM, where he scored 21 points and grabbed 19 rebounds against Dallas.  He may be a complete flop.  The old man goofed again.  So, what.  He's only a two-way contract.  But, if this signing takes off, Wow!  Something to watch for.

Not just something to watch for but something to root for.  I'm all in on rooting for him to keep growing and take off.

I'm just saying he hasn't shown anything close to the productivity that benhill mentioned or close to what OO and CC produced last season.

44 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not just something to watch for but something to root for.  I'm all in on rooting for him to keep growing and take off.

I'm just saying he hasn't shown anything close to the productivity that benhill mentioned or close to what OO and CC produced last season.

OO & CC are both older.  This makes a difference.  Also, they are both paid a lot more.  You don't see a lot about their potential.  Not saying that he's great or anything.  I just believe that he's pretty good and worth keeping an eye on.  

To be clear, I've moved on from Murray.  Trade's done, wish him well.  So this isn't the usual sour grapey post.  Trust me, when I issue those, you'll know it.

But what is NOP gonna do next?  Their players don't really fit as is.  Too many dudes that do the same thing or need the ball.

Who's gonna defer?  Who's their C?

What's Ingram gonna be?

A lot of unanswered questions and not a lot of easy answers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

To be clear, I've moved on from Murray.  Trade's done, wish him well.  So this isn't the usual sour grapey post.  Trust me, when I issue those, you'll know it.

But what is NOP gonna do next?  Their players don't really fit as is.  Too many dudes that do the same thing or need the ball.

What's Ingram gonna be?

I think they misjudged/mishandled the Ingram situation and thought they could move him for something of at least moderate value.  They have talent, but poor fitting talent as currently constructed.

• Like 2

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I think they misjudged/mishandled the Ingram situation and thought they could move him for something of at least moderate value.  They have talent, but poor fitting talent as currently constructed.

I'm also surprised they didn't move on from him this offseason.  He and DM seem like a bad fit together and do too much work in the same spaces on the floor.  I do still think the team has some talent that fits well together, though.  So I'm not all that negative on them.  They need to move on from Ingram and embrace the Murphy era, imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Melo :stirthepot:

Yeah, he'd have to take a major leap to get to Melo's level.  Remember, we all chide sMelo for what he became, but he's a top 20 or so scorer in league history.  And he led a DEN team to a significant improved record as a young player.  Ingram's done none of that.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dylan Windler gone.  Signed with Perth.

Outsiders keepin yall updated. 

I don't think he was eligible for another Two-way contract anyway.

• Premium Member

Seems like Walker Kessler may still be available.

What would you be willing to trade for him?

According to Ian Begley of SNY, the Jazz are looking for “at least a first-round pick” in exchange for Kessler.

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like Walker Kessler may still be available.

What would you be willing to trade for him?

According to Ian Begley of SNY, the Jazz are looking for “at least a first-round pick” in exchange for Kessler.

Not much.  He’s an elite BU C.  We already got three of em with significant advantages over him: Clint experience, OO FT shooting, and Nance passing.  Granted his deal for the next couple years is much sweeter than any of ours.  

I’m guessing Ainge is looking for a mid value FRP?  The kid did get DNP-ed a few times but I don’t know what the hell they’re doing in Utah anyway.

On 8/21/2024 at 10:13 AM, kg01 said:

What's Ingram gonna be?

That's what I'm saying.  The 2027 Milwaukee/NO situation could really go south.  It might not, but I also don't think either of those teams will be great in 2027.  Don't think Murray is gonna be all that helpful.  

If we actually valued size at center, I would offer CC + a 1st for Kessler and Clarkson, but since we don’t care for real size, I think we are good with what we have.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Not much.  He’s an elite BU C.  We already got three of em with significant advantages over him: Clint experience, OO FT shooting, and Nance passing.  Granted his deal for the next couple years is much sweeter than any of ours.  

I’m guessing Ainge is looking for a mid value FRP?  The kid did get DNP-ed a few times but I don’t know what the hell they’re doing in Utah anyway.

I guess this is why he got benched?

Per a Jazz Fan:

"He has not done what the organization has asked, which is to develop as a PnR player. He and his 'team' want him to work on developing his three point shot and the organization has rightly told him that's not his path to NBA success."

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess this is why he got benched?

Per a Jazz Fan:

"He has not done what the organization has asked, which is to develop as a PnR player. He and his 'team' want him to work on developing his three point shot and the organization has rightly told him that's not his path to NBA success."

Wow his “team” is pretty outlandish if this is true.  Absolutely nothing in his profile to support becoming a shooter.  If a 245 lb 7 footer doesn’t want to set screens he’s gonna have quite the precipitous fall from 3rd place ROY.

• Like 3

On 8/25/2024 at 10:04 AM, benhillboy said:

Wow his “team” is pretty outlandish if this is true.  Absolutely nothing in his profile to support becoming a shooter.  If a 245 lb 7 footer doesn’t want to set screens he’s gonna have quite the precipitous fall from 3rd place ROY.

I bet there's a lot of centers facing this dilemma.  Everybody's 'team' sees dollar signs if a guy can shoot 3s.  It's basketball fools gold imho.

• Like 3