• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

To my Hawks Outsiders ...

kg01

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I bet there's a lot of centers facing this dilemma.  Everybody's 'team' sees dollar signs if a guy can shoot 3s.  It's basketball fools gold imho.

Yeah, an ugly combo of Bigs being softer in the paint with no footwork to convert traditional 3 point plays for the sake of “spacing” and extending their careers for one more fat contract due to less banging.  

We all know this is the era we’re in love or hate it.  I hope Zach Edey and others can start to bring back a bit of balance to the style of the position on the offensive end.  Being able to defend in and out as a Big is all the rage, as it should.  But it’s gotta carry over to offense too.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah, an ugly combo of Bigs being softer in the paint with no footwork to convert traditional 3 point plays for the sake of “spacing” and extending their careers for one more fat contract due to less banging....

Mmhmm, a bunch of 7' guards nowadays.

It's a two-sided coin.  

It sounds so great when a player gets a huge contract.  He's considered to be a star or a superstar.

On the other side of the coin, this means that some other players must receive less because total payrolls are limited.

"I've got mine!  Let all of my teammates worry about their pay.  They can't have me and a good payday too.  It's either/or."

🥲

On 8/25/2024 at 8:24 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess this is why he got benched?

Per a Jazz Fan:

"He has not done what the organization has asked, which is to develop as a PnR player. He and his 'team' want him to work on developing his three point shot and the organization has rightly told him that's not his path to NBA success."

I kinda don't blame him. The Utah got shitty PnR guards who just want screens to create their own offense. If he was playing with James Harden or Trae, of course he would feel like it's critical because it is at that point. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Lakers Rumors: LA Thought They Had 'Great Chance' at Dejounte Trade amid Hunter Buzz

The Atlanta Hawks reportedly could find a trade partner for swingman De'Andre Hunter in the Los Angeles Lakers, but an expert warned that this could be a case of deja vu.

While speaking about a potential trade between the Hawks and Lakers for Hunter on this week's episode of The Hoop Collective, ESPN's Brian Windhorst revealed that Los Angeles had already tried to acquire one of Atlanta's top players but was unsuccessful.

"The Hawks went down this road last year with the Lakers," Windhorst said (26:40 mark). "There was a time where there was a lot of momentum, at least on the Lakers' side, where they thought they had a great chance to get Dejounte Murray."The Hawks ended up keeping Murray through the end of the 2023-24 campaign before trading him to the New Orleans Pelicans in July.

Windhorst added that the Hawks were uninterested in the inclusion of Lakers point guard D'Angelo Russell in the deal. However, with Russell in the final year of his contract, Atlanta could be more open to acquiring him in exchange for Hunter.

"At the end of the day, D'Angelo Russell being in that deal--and I don't know if they were gonna have a third team or whatever--the Hawks weren't down with that. At the end of the day, they weren't going in that direction," Windhorst said. "So, you'd be going back on old ground there where they had already said no, although, granted, they know that this would be the ending year of his contract, that's a different situation."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Okoro signs back with CLE.  3 yrs, $38 mil.

Seen equal/worse players sign for more so this feels like he got screwed.

Then again, I think he's not as good as most here seem to think so ... whatevs. 

New Salary Cap rules in play.  Keeps the Cavs under the 1st Apron, gives Okoro financial security.