• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To my Hawks Outsiders ...

kg01

1 hour ago, Packfill said:

In the proposed deal OO is only a throw-in if you consider Dyson a throw-in.  Both are young guys with talent that have been blocked from taking on bigger roles.

Daniels has real talent.  He has the makings of a high-level wing stopper that also provides secondary playmaking/ball handling.  If his shot comes around he could be alot better than Herb Jones.  Big if obviously, but OO has question marks as well.

Respectfully disagree vehemently with the boldest portion.

Only thing blocking OO here is OO.  He's not been available.  And even when he's available he hasn't been able to snatch the starting role.  It's been long enough that we should now look at him for what he is, not what he could be. 

And I've been high on Daniels for a long while, but he's nowhere near reaching the potential you're laying out for him.  Jones is several levels better than him.

I realize you're describing what he 'could be'.  I'm just saying I think he's far from that.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think that is a false equivalency.  OO's biggest stumbling block in terms of performance has been his health.  He has consistently put up nice numbers and lineups around him have been strong performers.  When the Hawks have important games, he is absolutely an important part of the rotation.  Even as a rookie, OO had some big playoff minutes.  Fundamentally, there might be things you'd like to see better from him but he doesn't have any holes in his game.

Daniels conversely gets cut out of the rotation in the important games for NO.  He also has a huge hole in his game with his jumper.  31% 3pt% isn't going to cut it.  Somehow even OO had a better 3pt% than Dyson this year.  As a guard that is a pretty massive issue for him.

I just don't see them as being on the same level right now.  Dyson has potential for sure but he might not be part of your playoff rotation at all next year like he wasn't this year.

Dyson definitely needs more development than OO - that makes sense given their relative ages/experience.  He is less of a sure thing. 

Hawks are going to need to take some chances.  I don't think NO parts with two rotation pieces in this deal.  Frankly, I would not do an Ingram deal period, but if the team is determined to bring him in I think this is an approach they could consider.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Packfill said:

Dyson definitely needs more development than OO - that makes sense given their relative ages/experience.  He is less of a sure thing. 

Hawks are going to need to take some chances.  I don't think NO parts with two rotation pieces in this deal.  Frankly, I would not do an Ingram deal period, but if the team is determined to bring him in I think this is an approach they could consider.

I'm not taking a chance by giving up our best trade assets for a guy who can't get even regular limited minutes in the playoffs for his team.  If he is the secondary piece in a deal with a good player then fine but the deal is primarily about that other player.  And Ingram isn't valuable enough as an expiring contract on a path to getting a big raise.

• Like 3

:alien:

As promised, posting from 2025 today so ask me anything.

Here's a few to prime the pump...

- @Spud2nique was right about Keshad Johnson.

- The draft causes us to lose a long time member.  You can guess who but it depends how you interpret 'long time' and 'member'.

- Lastly, Kwame Brown offers to mentor Sarr.

..... but <pumpfake>  its Olivier, not Alex.

Ohhhh.  Gotta stay down on D, squawk.  I gotchu up in the air and drew the foul.

👀 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

As promised, posting from 2025 today so ask me anything.

Do fish 🐟 sleep 😴 :mellow:?

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

but <pumpfake>  its Olivier, not Alex.

image.gif.362209878e29edf073c2a1d5d662174a.gif

Donovan Clingan pictured above 👆🏿 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, warcore said:

Will Zak Edey name his first born after @KB21

Will Clingan be the other father?

Will Spud be a mod some day? He’s a people person 😃 he works for the people.

image.gif.1ffeaf863df2344e5a88921e8a2f645a.gif

… :mellow: :upsidedown:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Will Zak Edey name his first born after @KB21

Will Clingan be the other father?

No but @KB21 has a couple kids on the side that he names Zak.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Will Spud be a mod some day? He’s a people person 😃 he works for the people.

image.gif.1ffeaf863df2344e5a88921e8a2f645a.gif

… :mellow: :upsidedown:

Aren't you already a mod or is that just your burner account? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, warcore said:

I read this hearing the voice of Eric Mays. That's real good. 

I had to google it so I feel like I lost cool points. 😔

I'll pick myself up with more news from 2025, which will be accompanied by a retirement tour ... but not from who we think.

And also, a prominent baller's son will start games for a west coast team ... but not the one you think.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, you feel that way because you did. Just watch some highlights of Mr. Mays himself and you'll scoop those points right back up. 

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And also, a prominent baller's son will start games for a west coast team ... but not the one you think.

Ha!

....Reed

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'll pick myself up with more news from 2025, which will be accompanied by a retirement tour ... but not from who we think.

Somebody saw Carmelos son take 39 shots while also getting a  whopping 1 assist lol

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Afro said:

Somebody saw Carmelos son take 39 shots while also getting a  whopping 1 assist lol

Sorry I'm just posting from 2024 today but it's not Melo's son that I was thinking of....

On another note, if we can't trade #1 to get Trae's ideal Robin, perchance we can trade it to get his ideal Bane????

:alien: