• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To my Hawks Outsiders ...

kg01

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, ABH said:

Hawks will never get any free agents to sign..only way we get is thru trade or drafting..get it done this week or Trae will be walking soon..either way he is probably gone

I think we have some real advantages to keeping Trae as long as we improve over the next 18 months.  Can’t stay a play-in, .500 team.

18 minutes ago, ABH said:

Hawks will never get any free agents to sign..only way we get is thru trade or drafting..get it done this week or Trae will be walking soon..either way he is probably gone

I think it’s plain to see Trae is pretty much gone if this team doesn’t improve. I believe Trae will walk away if he’s not traded.  While I prefer to keep Trae I think they might need to keep DJM and deal Trae. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I think we have some real advantages to keeping Trae as long as we improve over the next 18 months.  Can’t stay a play-in, .500 team.

Yeah I do too but we gotta make changes now and have a good run next 2 years..deep into playoffs 

2 hours ago, AHF said:

As we get more and more reports that Trae is on the block(fischer was the latest today) and more time where the Hawks don't confirm anything about Trae....

I get closer and closer to doubting this will be the case. Sucks man lol. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Afro said:

As we get more and more reports that Trae is on the block(fischer was the latest today) and more time where the Hawks don't confirm anything about Trae....

I get closer and closer to doubting this will be the case. Sucks man lol. 

They won't and shouldn't do that.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They won't and shouldn't do that.

I don't know if you and I are completely talking about the same thing here lol. 

I don't mean confirm in like guarantee you arent moving him. I mean more of a "fake" confirmation that all the other teams do. Cause the past week+ the narrative has not been kind to Trae's value. Worse than it usually is. 

Maybe they do not give a rats ass about that because they aren't trading him, but their history suggests the exact opposite, which was my point lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Afro said:

I don't know if you and I are completely talking about the same thing here lol. 

I don't mean confirm in like guarantee you arent moving him. I mean more of a "fake" confirmation that all the other teams do. Cause the past week+ the narrative has not been kind to Trae's value. Worse than it usually is. 

Maybe they do not give a rats ass about that because they aren't trading him, but their history suggests the exact opposite, which was my point lol. 

I fully agree that Fields should publicly push back on this and declare that we have zero intention on trading Trae and extol his virtues in the press.  There is no downside to this.  It doesn't mean you still can't trade him but if you don't stick up for your stars and push back on this garbage you look like a weak franchise who doesn't care about their players.  

Hawks keep not doing a good job of controlling the narrative but with Trae is should be obvious.  You should be promoting him as a franchise player we have no intention of trading whether you are keeping him or selling him.  Feel free to qualify it with something like "We take calls from other GMs on every player on our roster but Trae Young is a superstar and we have no intention of moving him.   He is a central part of our core and one of the best and brightest in the game today."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I fully agree that Fields should publicly push back on this and declare that we have zero intention on trading Trae and extol his virtues in the press.  There is no downside to this.  It doesn't mean you still can't trade him but if you don't stick up for your stars and push back on this garbage you look like a weak franchise who doesn't care about their players.  

Hawks keep not doing a good job of controlling the narrative but with Trae is should be obvious.  You should be promoting him as a franchise player we have no intention of trading whether you are keeping him or selling him.  Feel free to qualify it with something like "We take calls from other GMs on every player on our roster but Trae Young is a superstar and we have no intention of moving him.   He is a central part of our core and one of the best and brightest in the game today."

What's super annoying is I'm now realizing that I think they know this? Up until now I was just under the assumption that Landry didn't think it mattered, so he just didn't do it. 

But they pretty much already do what you're saying....its just only for JJ.

Ugh. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Afro said:

What's super annoying is I'm now realizing that I think they know this? Up until now I was just under the assumption that Landry didn't think it mattered, so he just didn't do it. 

But they pretty much already do what you're saying....its just only for JJ.

Ugh. 

I don't know.  I see all kinds of things I think are terrible PR moves so I have a hard time trying to sort out an agenda from them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I don't know.  I see all kinds of things I think are terrible PR moves so I have a hard time trying to sort out an agenda from them.

This is very true as well lol. 

I just think it's odd JJ is the only one they care to control the narrative around...while the rest are left to get pooped on. 

On 6/27/2024 at 10:23 AM, macdaddy said:

Where's @Spud2nique?  I know he's pissed about the pick but I think it's actually the best we could do if we weren't going with Sarr.    And hopefully it's just a small step in the offseason.  

I can only think of 3 singular events that would cause spud to stop supporting this team:
1. Drafting Risacher at #1 with or without a trade back. 
2. Dumping AJ for a 2nd
3. Trading DJ to the Pels without Herb or Tre coming back. 

Just one of those was enough.... can't imagine how pissed he is with all 3 happening. 

• Sad 3